View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 27th, 2024, 11:49 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Power for front fogs 
Firing on two.

Post Power for front fogs
Where's the best place to take power from to feed front fog lights? I was gonna go from the 12v feed on the light switch.... but maybe that's not a good idea, I don't wanna over load the switch :?

They are, however, LEDs so the current should be quite low.

June 29th, 2009, 12:32 pm
viking bastard

Post Re: Power for front fogs
I would fit a new light rely and move the current away from the head light switch. This way the head light switch will not overheat and eventually burn out. It will only be "asking" the rely to navigate the current to the head lights and your new fog lights.

June 29th, 2009, 12:40 pm
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

like Viking says dont power the lamps from the switch

Run a fused feed direct from the battery to a relay and then on to fogs

for the switch you have to tap in to the dipped beam then to illuminated switch then on to the switching part of the relay and then earth

plenty of info on t'internet/ club hand book etc

Sean

June 29th, 2009, 11:55 pm
Firing on two.

When I did mine (sort of...the switch and relay are there, just not the lights yet!) I found that there are now relays which have a blade fuse holder built in to them. It makes a much neater job and was the first genuinely useful item I've seen in Halfrauds for many years.

June 30th, 2009, 9:23 am
Firing on two.

samfieldhouse wrote:
Where's the best place to take power from to feed front fog lights? I was gonna go from the 12v feed on the light switch.... but maybe that's not a good idea, I don't wanna over load the switch :?

They are, however, LEDs so the current should be quite low.

Take it straight from the battery, via relays. Do the same with the dip and main beam, whilst you're fannying around in there.

Question - do you really want FOG lights? I wouldn't have thought you'd get enough proper fog around you to justify 'em? Surely you'd be better with driving lights, working alongside main beam?

Unless, of course, you're wanting to go chav and risk a (should be higher, imho) fine for using fog lights when it isn't foggy...?

July 2nd, 2009, 9:10 am
Profile YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]