View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 25th, 2024, 9:40 pm

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Fuel Pipe 
Firing on two.

Post Fuel Pipe
I thought the fuel consumption was getting bad. The new rubber fuel pipe going to the bottom of the pump had perished (only fitted it about 9 months ago). I guess some outlets are still getting rid of 'old stock' tube which isn't up to modern fuel!!
What spec should we be looking for and if possible which NF code (Norme francaise)?
Bob

June 18th, 2013, 8:12 pm
viking bastard

Post Re: Fuel Pipe
You are not the only one. We bought 20 meters and complained to the supplier only to be told, again that they didn't have any complaints. Ya right.

We have the good stuff in stock now.

Attachment:
P3041749.JPG

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

June 18th, 2013, 9:03 pm
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

bobh wrote:
I thought the fuel consumption was getting bad. The new rubber fuel pipe going to the bottom of the pump had perished (only fitted it about 9 months ago). I guess some outlets are still getting rid of 'old stock' tube which isn't up to modern fuel!!
What spec should we be looking for and if possible which NF code (Norme francaise)?
Bob

Here's some info on different types of fuel hose on a VW parts website: http://www.volksbolts.com/faq/fuelhose.htm They are saying that SAE J30 R9 is "modern fuel hose for use with Bio-Ethanol enriched fuels to 50%" but they seem rather expensive at £28.50 for 1.5m plus 10 clips. I buy SAE J30 R9 from a local wholesaler for my customers cars. It's 5.6mm (perfect for 2CV) and for fuel injection cars (so higher pressure than 2CVs), for about £40 for 5 metres.
I tried to find the NF code but google searches for "SAE J30 R9 NF" and "SAE J30 R9 Norme Francaise" don't come up with anything. However "SAE J30 R9 DIN" seems to say that the DIN equivalent is DIN 73379-3D, if that's any help.

June 18th, 2013, 9:29 pm
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

I really can't believe it. Now who said that !! The fuel tube that I replaced in 2013 is already perished and leaking. As I noted under Rubber Gaiters, rubber aint what it used to be. The tube appeared to be new stock as the reel was pretty full at the auto parts shop. This time I will be looking for DIN 73379 Type 2a tube which is a rubber tube with a braided outer - also checking the manufacturer, batch number and date, copy of the receipt etc etc, so when it perishes again I will , I WILL - probably just replace it.
BobH :evil: :evil: :evil:

March 31st, 2017, 5:38 pm
Firing on two.

bobh wrote:
......This time I will be looking for DIN 73379 Type 2a tube which is a rubber tube with a braided outer......

I never buy the stuff with braiding on the outside because you can't see the deterioration of the rubber: You don't know it's getting knackered until it's leaking. The stuff I use (see previous post) is braided/reinforced half way through the rubber.

March 31st, 2017, 6:16 pm
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

your radiator muff looks a bit to large.

March 31st, 2017, 9:22 pm
Firing on two.

bobh wrote:
I really can't believe it. Now who said that !! The fuel tube that I replaced in 2013 is already perished and leaking.

Well...

Hose installed begin of June, and that's how it looked at November. Under the car, near fuel tank, so no too hot or on direct sunshine...

And what the seller said? "Never got any complains about" and try to act like surpriced... :lol:

March 31st, 2017, 10:15 pm
Firing on two.

despite the claims of Unleaded safe and modern fuel safe the only hose that I like is Gates Multifuel its only available in 6mm so you have to clip it. The Ethanol safe hose ( J9) Id fitted to the Orange car for Salbris let go spectacularly last weekend , however the Blue cars hose fitted in 2000 is still soft and supple as the day it was fitted - Gates.

April 1st, 2017, 9:57 pm
Firing on two.

was at our local parts dealer last month. I asked for petrol hose....no they said we don't have that any more but we have fuel hoses???? And what did i get the same Gates 6mm as usual...

April 1st, 2017, 10:48 pm

My fuel hose needs doing too. Quick question, how much do I need for the tank to nylon tube section and nylon tube to engine?

Thanks,

Steve

April 2nd, 2017, 10:15 pm
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next