View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 18th, 2024, 1:32 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 SU Carb Adapter 
Firing on two.

Post SU Carb Adapter
I have had a sudden burst of interest from the Citroen Specials Club in the adapter kit to put an HS2 SU on the standard 2CV manifold. I have now sold all 10 - two over the last two years and eight this week!! I think I will have a new batch made.

The kit consists of two laser cut 8mm plates (one for the manifold and one for the carb) with a mandrel bent tube in between. Studs and nuts are included. HS2 carbs are available very cheaply on eBay (as this is the carb that the Mini guys ditch). They are easy to rebuild, parts are cheap, they can be set up easily because of the myriad of needles available and they make for a sweet running engine.

The new batch will be done in stainless. They come unassembled so that you can trim the bend and then clock it to put the carb exactly where it needs to be. You can then braze it, silver solder it or MIG/TIG it. I want £25 ex P&P for a kit and I am happy to provide advice on needles and set up for the various SU's whether you buy it or not.

August 3rd, 2011, 11:01 am
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]