View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 16th, 2024, 5:59 pm

Reply to topic  [ 880 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 88  Next
 1-2-spark 
Aircooled Idiot

Post Re: 1-2-spark
That looks amazing

So in theory you could set a limiter at 3000 rpm for economy ;)

1988 2cv 652cc
1993 Toyota Hilux Surf 3000cc runs on Bio Diesel
2004 Toyota Landcruiser Amazon 4200cc runs on Bio Diesel
1998 Daihatsu Hijet 1300cc
2005 Susuki Bandit 650cc

May 21st, 2012, 11:12 pm
Profile WWW
Firing on 1-2 Spark

Yes you can.... but not recommended. You can put an Visa vacuum box in it so when you run economicly?!?! the ledlight turns on meaning you are driving economic at the moment.

B.T.W first time I programmed the revlimiter at 1000 rpm. The next morning I was wondering why the engine didn't rev........ :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Russ

May 21st, 2012, 11:16 pm
Profile WWW
Aircooled Idiot

:lol:

1988 2cv 652cc
1993 Toyota Hilux Surf 3000cc runs on Bio Diesel
2004 Toyota Landcruiser Amazon 4200cc runs on Bio Diesel
1998 Daihatsu Hijet 1300cc
2005 Susuki Bandit 650cc

May 21st, 2012, 11:25 pm
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

just got back from a week of holidays, and many things hapend in the mean time :)

I get an error when I start the program:
Fehler beim öffnen von COM1

it is quite a new PC I have here running on win7; 64bit. maybe that is the problem...

greetzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

May 22nd, 2012, 9:02 am
Firing on 1-2 Spark

Rusty wrote:
just got back from a week of holidays, and many things hapend in the mean time :)

I get an error when I start the program:
Fehler beim öffnen von COM1

it is quite a new PC I have here running on win7; 64bit. maybe that is the problem...

greetzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Nothing to worry about, the only thing is , my software is searching for an 9 pin rs232 connection at your computer, but newer computers don't have them, all you need to do is to
take an usbport to rs232 convertor-cable and a litle software programm which makes a virtual comport and all will be fine.... Mark 4x4 has the same problem, so I orderded such a cable and it works fine.

Getting the eror means the software works......... sounds stupid I now..... will make a little
reprogramming and zip it here 1 of these days.....

BTW still waiting for the pcb's to arive.... (i'm going crazy Marks will picjup a set at the 2. of June.....)

Software runs almost bugfree now, can adjust dwell and revlimiter, advance is still a littlebit tricky but soon it will work also.............

Russ

May 23rd, 2012, 12:17 am
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

Sounds like it is progressing nicely Lpgo.

Thinking ahead, RE: sequential ignition...

If you made a trigger wheel, say 36-1, that mounted where the advance weights sit, then using the points box mounting holes, mount a VR sensor to read it. Would this give enough information for sequential ignition or do you also need the crank angle?

Harley

May 23rd, 2012, 5:16 am
Firing on two.

lpgo wrote:

Nothing to worry about, the only thing is , my software is searching for an 9 pin rs232 connection at your computer, but newer computers don't have them, all you need to do is to
take an usbport to rs232 convertor-cable and a litle software programm which makes a virtual comport and all will be fine.... Mark 4x4 has the same problem, so I orderded such a cable and it works fine.

This all looks great. My laptop runs XP so hopefully the RS232 cable will work on that.

Looking forward to having a go and testing this.

May 23rd, 2012, 10:29 am
Firing on 1-2 Spark

Today the PCB's arrived, but I decided to programm my software, it (almost) does what I want now and not what it will!!! To programm software takes you an hour or so, to make it foolproof takes forever (sorry guys nothing personal)!!

Here some pics of today!!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Russ

May 23rd, 2012, 11:24 pm
Profile WWW
Firing on 1-2 Spark

Harley wrote:
Sounds like it is progressing nicely Lpgo.

Thinking ahead, RE: sequential ignition...

If you made a trigger wheel, say 36-1, that mounted where the advance weights sit, then using the points box mounting holes, mount a VR sensor to read it. Would this give enough information for sequential ignition or do you also need the crank angle?

Harley
Sorry Harley was forgotten to answer you.........

Yes you are right, you can do it this way, but not with my unit, it only needs 1 tooth like the visa engine. I haven't programmed it for 36 tooth. One tooth is enough to spark a 2cv (infact all 1 or 2 cilinder (boxerengine's)) with the sensor mounted at 45 degrees tdc. at the crankshaft. it is more aqurate
then a 36 toothwheel with Megasquirt (believe me I've got experience)

Citroen did a very good job making the Visa ignition back in the '70.

As I told before I'm going to use the original ignition from camshaft to make sequantial ignition, just sand 1 side down and the breakerpoints wil give 1 pulse every 2 crankshaft revolutions thus giving seqyuential ignition. No current is needed on the breakerpoints so they will last forever. I hope you understand what I'm writing otherwise I will here from you..

Russ

May 24th, 2012, 12:37 pm
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

You mean, this will only give a pulse which will give information about which cylinder needs to be fired next? You know that the bit of points that slides on the camshaft will wear, too?
Isn't it easier to use a magnet in the way that 123 ignition does, but just 1 instead of 2 to "tell" a sensor when just one particular cylinder will fire/has just fired and to fire on the other one in the next cycle?
And I think sequential ignition is not about firing a spark every other revolution (instead of every time like in a 2CV), but giving a few sparks with varying timing for 1 cycle (some or maybe many modern cars do that). But what You're talking about should improve coil charging on high revs.

May 25th, 2012, 12:08 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 880 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 88  Next