View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 27th, 2024, 10:21 am

Reply to topic  [ 880 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82 ... 88  Next
 1-2-spark 
Firing on two.

Post Re: 1-2-spark
Hi Geo
No problem, keep up the good work
Cheers
Boggy

January 23rd, 2015, 9:29 pm
Firing on two.

lpgo wrote:
Otherwise I don't hear anything from any of the 1-2-spark drivers so I guess 1-2-spark is doing it's job properly....

I am well please with your ignition, it runs fine, little better fuel consumption about 0,5L/100km less and now it is colder I notice it is very good at starting.

Didn't do much tweaking, because I am concerned about pinking and I would like to try a few things with a exhaust gas analyzer in the tailpipe, but did not get around doing that in the workshop were I used to work.

I will prep a visa engine some time. I understand the visa sensors can't be used. Could I use the normal sensor from your kit if I would make a bracket to position it in the right place.

Cheers, Bart

January 24th, 2015, 2:01 pm
Profile WWW
Firing on 1-2 Spark

Bart wrote:
I am well please with your ignition, it runs fine, little better fuel consumption about 0,5L/100km less and now it is colder I notice it is very good at starting.

Great to here you like it..

Bart wrote:
Didn't do much tweaking,

You should, probably your fuelconsumption will go down and torque up..

Bart wrote:
I will prep a visa engine some time. I understand the visa sensors can't be used. Could I use the normal sensor from your kit if I would make a bracket to position it in the right place.

I still hope to have a decent solution for Visa sensors soon (but I'm saying this for quite some time now)..

Ofcourse; if you make a bracket and pickup just like your 2cv it will work fine..

Attachment:
visa sensor houder.jpg

Here's a crappy pic I made at Spa Franchorchamps last year from another Dutch 1-2-Spark driver who puts the bracket at the top of the Visa engine and attached a pickup to the flywheel....

(There where quit a lot of 1-2-spark drivers (or wannabee's :lol: :lol: ) at Spa Franchorchamps last year)

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Russ

January 24th, 2015, 2:32 pm
Profile WWW

Soo, I have my 12-spark installed and running. Everyting went without problems. Had a friend over to do the welding. (Should try that myself soemtime...). Fine tuning still to be done. But I'm happy!!

February 16th, 2015, 8:59 pm
Firing on two.

Out of couriosity could the sensor be fitted in the casing of a 123 system using just one magnet ??

February 26th, 2015, 11:44 pm
Firing on 1-2 Spark

notsmartcar wrote:
Out of couriosity could the sensor be fitted in the casing of a 123 system using just one magnet ??

No it doesn't need a magnet as a trigger, so that won't work. Probably a regular pointbox will work with 1 notch?? at the cam camshaft.. (you got to take the movable parts away) however at the flywheel it is more accurate... and still the sensor needs to trigger at 45 degrees befor top dead centre..

Russ

February 26th, 2015, 11:56 pm
Profile WWW

OK, fine tuning done, with help fom Geo.
Yesterday we worked on it for an hour, did some highway laps and a hill climb.
Small adjustment on the timing table.
Runs fine! Picks up real good and very smooth acceleration.
Crusing along at 110/115 km/h is very enjoyable.
Now I will watch my fuel consumption.
OK, ta for now.

March 7th, 2015, 12:23 pm
Firing on two.

started to install my 12-spark last sunday (4.30 pm) first on the 2cv6 engine (S6, euro 95, low compression) to get a feel for the numbers and tuning.

Managed to mount the electronics box, weld the sensorbracket, pickup on the flywheel and the nut for the temp sensor.

unfortunately ran out of time cos had to pack my stuff and go home. (usally tinkering at my parents place.... really need to get my own house with garage!)

hopefully this weekend I'll be able to attach all wires and go for a testdrive (or 2 or 3 or :) )

greetzzzzzzzzzz

March 24th, 2015, 8:51 am
Firing on 1-2 Spark

@ Rusty.... Can't wait to hear from you that your engine is running on 1-2-Spark..

Here are some pics from Azuiper, he has bought already 2 1-2-Spark ignitions and has now made an awesome VR sensor mounting... I think once again 1-2-Spark is going to the next level..... no welding is needed to fit this mounting wow...
Attachment:
P1030953.JPG
Attachment:
P1030960.JPG
Attachment:
P1030962.JPG

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Russ

March 24th, 2015, 11:10 pm
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

That looks fantastic.

How is the pickup mounted to the flywheel?

lpgo wrote:
Here are some pics from Azuiper, he has bought already 2 1-2-Spark ignitions and has now made an awesome VR sensor mounting... I think once again 1-2-Spark is going to the next level..... no welding is needed to fit this mounting wow...

March 24th, 2015, 11:19 pm
Reply to topic   [ 880 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82 ... 88  Next