View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 18th, 2024, 11:12 pm

Reply to topic  [ 880 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84 ... 88  Next
 1-2-spark 
2CV Fan

Post Re: 1-2-spark
Sensor-bracket VR-sensor update :

release 1 was made of stainless steel 1 mm, as mentioned by some of you appreciated members of this forum it might be to weak with the danger of vibration etc,etc.
I made a new version - release 2 - from stainless steel 2 mm with an extra edge at the side of the sensor to make it more rigid (?). I mounted it and to my opinion it is strong enough for the job - I bended it to the right position with only a small gap between the sensor and the pick-up plate (appr. 0.6 mm).

As every application is a little bit different because the thickness used for the pickup and the place of the pickup (on top of the edge of the flywheel or to the side of the flywheel) I will design special adjustment shims of for example 0.10 / 0.20 / 0.50 mm for the fine adjustment of the space between pickup plate and sensor. Hope you understand what I mean.

I have sent pictures of release 2 to LPGO for his "blessing & approval" :lol: :lol: - if so he might put them on this forum.

March 25th, 2015, 11:09 pm
Firing on 1-2 Spark

Here are the pictures from the sensor release 2... well I'm flabbergasted... 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)

Attachment:
P1030969.JPG

Attachment:
P1030970.JPG

Attachment:
P1030973.JPG

Attachment:
P1030974.JPG

Attachment:
P1030975.JPG

azuiper wrote:
Sensor-bracket VR-sensor update :

release 1 was made of stainless steel 1 mm, as mentioned by some of you appreciated members of this forum it might be to weak with the danger of vibration etc,etc.
I made a new version - release 2 - from stainless steel 2 mm with an extra edge at the side of the sensor to make it more rigid (?). I mounted it and to my opinion it is strong enough for the job - I bended it to the right position with only a small gap between the sensor and the pick-up plate (appr. 0.6 mm).

As every application is a little bit different because the thickness used for the pickup and the place of the pickup (on top of the edge of the flywheel or to the side of the flywheel) I will design special adjustment shims of for example 0.10 / 0.20 / 0.50 mm for the fine adjustment of the space between pickup plate and sensor. Hope you understand what I mean.

I have sent pictures of release 2 to LPGO for his "blessing & approval" :lol: :lol: - if so he might put them on this forum.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Russ

March 25th, 2015, 11:29 pm
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

very nice!

I know why Azuiper developed this special bracket, his manifold is way to shiny to weld a bracket onto it ;)

and about the unbalance; has anyone ever tried an unbalanced; standard 2cv flywheel on an accurate (dynamic) balancer?! I bet those aren't as balanced as we would like to be, and a little pickup won't give to much extra unbalance (but this is my opinion) if someone has FACTS that prove different, I am very interested!

greetzzzzzzzzzzz, Rusty

March 26th, 2015, 8:49 am
2CV Fan

... flabbergasted ... ??? ... as simple Dutchman I don't have a clou what that means :lol:

March 26th, 2015, 2:33 pm
Firing on 1-2 Spark

Yesterday evening I found a nice surprice in my mailbox....

5 laser-cuttted sensor-brackets from Azuiper.. So this is another big step to a profesional programmable electronic ignition......
Attachment:
houder2.jpg

Attachment:
houder1.jpg

They are 2mm thick stainless steel and I think these are well up to the job. So from now on all the 1-2-Spark sets will include this bracket (if desired)..

So you don't need to weld a bracket to the inlet manifold anymore, just bold it into place at the existing bolts (you need to extend them)
Attachment:
houder8.jpg

Attachment:
houder5.jpg

Attachment:
houder4.jpg

I think this is a very good solution (Saurus allready made a prototype like this)...
Tomorrow I will try to fit it at my Ami (very heavy flywheel and on to a Visa engine to look if it fits there too. At the moment they are made for a standard 2cv flywheel...

At last some more pics from Azuiper..

Attachment:
houder6.jpg

Attachment:
houder7.jpg

Attachment:
houder3.jpg

So 3 times hurray for Azuiper.....

hurray hurray hurray

Geo.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Russ

April 24th, 2015, 11:07 pm
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

Position of Trigger Plate on Flywheel.

Using Azuiper's bracket.
Can you describe how to accurately place the trigger on the flywheel, using the static pin as a reference point.

Cheers
Peter

April 26th, 2015, 10:03 am

Very nice solution!

April 26th, 2015, 11:39 am
Firing on two.

Eh Book me out one for 4x4 in croatia

April 26th, 2015, 10:00 pm
Firing on 1-2 Spark

I'm out of town today and tomorrow. Will come back to you when Im home again

Russ

April 26th, 2015, 10:09 pm
Profile WWW
Firing on 1-2 Spark

subarupete wrote:
Position of Trigger Plate on Flywheel.

Using Azuiper's bracket.
Can you describe how to accurately place the trigger on the flywheel, using the static pin as a reference point.

Cheers
Peter

Peter take a look at the 1-2-Spark CD I sent with the second 1-2-Spark unit I send you, theres a mounting instruction on it...

Mounting the Vr sensor holder and Azuiper's bracket:

First mount Azuiper's bracket... as by foto's showed in the post above...

Put the locking pin in the flywheel as if you are going to set up the ignition points
Now rotate the flywheel 11 teeth (2cv toothring) against the clock (if you're standing at the side of the fan). (The hole of the pen is now at the 5 minits past twelve position (minit pointer)

Now mark the position of the flywheel compared to the crankcase (e.g. with Tipex)

This is the position in which the pick up need to be exactly under the sensor. (pickup width equal to the width of the sensor).

When the pickup is welded to the flywheel first try to turn the flywheel gently around and look, listen and feel if the pickup hits the crankcase and or other engine parts.
Grind/File as required the pick up until it can freely spin around.
If the engine can run (on the original ignition) then let it run and make sure the pickup runs freely….

If the width of the flywheel allows it you can can also use a M6 Hexagon-bolt as pickup.

Now bend the bracket in the way that the space between sensor and bracket is about
0.75 and 1 mm.

If everything is cooled down the plug can be inserted to the VR sensor .... Please note when removing the plug the iron deposit bar must be pressed.
Never pull at the Vr sensor cable to remove the plug always at the plug to unplug it. .....The Vr sensor plug is the plug with the fatest wire..

Russ

April 28th, 2015, 7:10 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 880 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84 ... 88  Next