View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 16th, 2024, 3:25 pm

Reply to topic  [ 880 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88  Next
 1-2-spark 
Firing on 1-2 Spark

Post Re: 1-2-spark
Rusty wrote:
So everything is working on the visaengine as well, yesterday I had mayor problems setting up the engine... just to be sure it wasn't the ignition I put in the original visaone as well, and that works too now! So just in case I have a backup, I doubt very much if I will ever need it, but you never know!

@Geo,

Do I have to change the dwell in every 'box' in the dwellsettings? Or just the one upper right? Do you have an idea how much lower it should / can be?

Thnx!

Attachment:
dwellpage.jpg

In the right uppercorner is the sparkduration, it needs to be at 1500 (us). When a spark is build (the power is off the coil) the spark needs time to develop befor a new spark may be build (current on again); this is called the sparkduration. You don't need to change this at all, please leave it at 1500 or if it isn't put it to 1500.. If there isn't enough time for the engine to build a spark, the red eror led will come up....

If you want/feel the need to change the dwellnumbers for a brown coil (I don't think you need to change anything at all)..

First shut down Multispark otherwise your engine will be running on multisparks when bringing down the regular dwell....

Then let the engine iddle; now bring down the dwellnumber in the appropriate cell (the cell which is high-lighted at the time) and bring down the the number (giving the coil less time to charge) When the engine starts to hesitate and skips your dwell is getting to low, now add about 2000 to the number and you should be fine...

Now change all cells according to what you did now (lower rpm cells giving more dwell good for starting the engine , higher rpm cells giving lower dwell good for keeping the coil cold...

Revving the engine from about iddle to 3000 rpm is leading. If your dwell isn't long enough the engine would hasitate skip over first now...

Always feel if your coil isn't getting hot, then you deffinitly giving to much dwell...

Please use the search function at this forum for sparkduration, I have written a lot about it in the past.
Or take a look at the Megasuirt forum, theres also written a lot (maybee to much) about it all

Hope I could help you...

We will see each other in Poland and go over it (I hope)...

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Russ

July 19th, 2015, 10:29 am
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

Thnx! This is fast service!

4 sure we'll find eachother there! Just look for an knackerd old blue dyane ;) white rear fenders and brown bootlid.

Thnx again!

Rusty

July 19th, 2015, 11:38 am
Firing on 1-2 Spark

Well I guess you know my very Patina (read rustbucket) Ami 8 Bouton d'or..... ;) ;) ;)

Russ

July 19th, 2015, 12:30 pm
Profile WWW

Post 1-2-spark & windows 10
Geo, Already any experiance to get the 12-spark program running on a windows 10 ?
rgds,

December 8th, 2015, 7:27 pm
Firing on 1-2 Spark

Post Re: 1-2-spark & windows 10
walter+1 wrote:
Geo, Already any experiance to get the 12-spark program running on a windows 10 ?
rgds,

I will try in the weekend, but it shouldn't be a problem...

Russ

December 10th, 2015, 8:24 am
Profile WWW

Hi Geo,

could you please PM me the price for one 1-2-spark unit incl. shipping to Germany?

I tried to email you but did not receive a response.

Thanks a lot in advance,
Thorsten, 1982 2CV Special

December 29th, 2015, 10:00 pm
Firing on 1-2 Spark

PM send..

tek wrote:
Hi Geo,

could you please PM me the price for one 1-2-spark unit incl. shipping to Germany?

I tried to email you but did not receive a response.

Thanks a lot in advance,
Thorsten, 1982 2CV Special

Russ

December 31st, 2015, 12:25 am
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

One more head's up for Geo's ignition!!
It performs very well in the cold. When I got back in Sweden 2 weeks ago, it started at the 2nd attempt after 2 weeks standing at -10 to -16/17, and ever since we have -10 to -17/18 here and it starts well at temperatures <-15°C.

January 16th, 2016, 11:03 am
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

Geo,

Whats the availability 12Spark at the moment?

Could 12Spark be modified to run a GS1220 4 Cylinder????

Cheers
Peter

January 21st, 2016, 1:31 pm
Firing on 1-2 Spark

subarupete wrote:
Geo,

Whats the availability 12Spark at the moment?

Could 12Spark be modified to run a GS1220 4 Cylinder????

Cheers
Peter

Pete , it is possible to make a GS run either on distributor or with2 2cv coils... however the 2. set of cilinders can be a little of (about 1 degrees or so when revving fast, but on normal circumstances it wouldn't be a problem... Have you seen the video of my stepson's Peugeot 205 at 1-2-spark???

Aviability at the moment is bad, I can't bring my self to finish the once I have lying around...
I have so much trouble getting my beamer roadworthy (at the moment it looks like I'm only allowed 35kw) by the RDW output from the engine so bugger bugger...

Sorry..

Russ

January 21st, 2016, 7:27 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 880 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88  Next