View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 18th, 2024, 11:27 pm

Reply to topic  [ 880 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 88  Next
 1-2-spark 
Firing on 1-2 Spark

Post Re: 1-2-spark
Saurus wrote:
You mean, this will only give a pulse which will give information about which cylinder needs to be fired next? YESYou know that the bit of points that slides on the camshaft will wear, too? It doesn't matter the pulse has to come betwwen 0 and 36 degrees and it will work
Isn't it easier to use a magnet in the way that 123 ignition does, but just 1 instead of 2 to "tell" a sensor when just one particular cylinder will fire/has just fired and to fire on the other one in the next cycle?ofcours you can do another VR sensor (20 euro') a hallsensor about the same euro's a original ignition unit .... for free ( I'm Dutch you now (cheap, cheap, cheap)... :lol: :lol: :lol: .
And I think sequential ignition is not about firing a spark every other revolutionyes it is.... (instead of every time like in a 2CV), but giving a few sparks with varying timing for 1 cycle (some or maybe many modern cars do that). But what You're talking about should improve coil charging on high revs.The only thing Harley wants (for my opinion) is to avoid Backfires ect. when using a compressor. Giving only a spark when it really is needed.....

Russ

May 25th, 2012, 12:50 am
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

lpgo wrote:
As I told before I'm going to use the original ignition from camshaft to make sequantial ignition, just sand 1 side down and the breakerpoints wil give 1 pulse every 2 crankshaft revolutions thus giving seqyuential ignition. No current is needed on the breakerpoints so they will last forever. I hope you understand what I'm writing otherwise I will here from you..

Yes I understand, this means sanding down one lobe on the camshaft so the points open only once per cam revolution = once per two crank revolutions. If someone is going to go to the length to want sequential ignition this task my not bother them. Although before I got the 123 ignition I was always confused how one could accurately set points when one lobe lined up fine and the other was about 6inches off the mark, so I guess it may not matter :lol: !

I'll ask you a question in the supercharger thread regarding Megasquirt ignition.

Cheers,

Harley

May 25th, 2012, 5:11 am
Firing on 1-2 Spark

Ok guys it is going to happen...........

Today I did some drilling to the PCB and started to solder......

Toke me about 4 hours to complete it (first time new PCB double check the way the components have to fit re-check solder and so on ; so 4 hours is not bad at all. Starting to get nervous when finish was nearby, would everthing work.........

Yes it does (well almost!!!) The connection to the pc doesn't work. Put a working chip in it
and it worked instantly, so I CAN REPRODUCE THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tried it in the car and yes it runs.... so Mark theres a 1-2-Spark waiting for you.....

When Mark has picked his one up Rusty is next then JamesWallace, Subarupete, Harley..

Got to sort out the problem why I can't get a connection to the PC so......

Here are the pics of today.......

So now I'm off to Pinkpop (3 day (big) popconcert almost in my backyard).....

Russ

May 25th, 2012, 10:52 pm
Profile WWW
Aircooled Idiot

As soon as its ready let me know do I can send you the money's

Also can you send me a copy of Instructions (the idiot version ;) )

1988 2cv 652cc
1993 Toyota Hilux Surf 3000cc runs on Bio Diesel
2004 Toyota Landcruiser Amazon 4200cc runs on Bio Diesel
1998 Daihatsu Hijet 1300cc
2005 Susuki Bandit 650cc

May 26th, 2012, 12:52 pm
Profile WWW
2CV Fan

Hi Ipgo.
It is looking good when there are more available I will go for a kit.

I feel a project coming on.

I have a spare mini itx board and 7 inch touch screen so I am thinking digital dashboard.

Peterj

May 26th, 2012, 1:11 pm
Firing on two.

looking good

May 26th, 2012, 3:25 pm
Firing on 1-2 Spark

Peterj wrote:
Hi Ipgo.
It is looking good when there are more available I will go for a kit.

I feel a project coming on.

I have a spare mini itx board and 7 inch touch screen so I am thinking digital dashboard.

Peterj

My software needs windows to operate (I think '98 will do I think) xp and up will work fine... then it will work
However I don't know if you can keep a display working all day........ My intention is only to tune and then unplug. Strangly but my system is more stable then a Megasquirt (UMS and KDFI)....
Here a video driving to my work with the screen on..... (about 10 minits) so it is possible...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yV-Th9RwVX4

Russ

May 26th, 2012, 11:15 pm
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

lpgo wrote:
Here a video driving to my work with the screen on..... (about 10 minits) so it is possible...

40* advance! How is it not pinging? Only on light throttle? and what is the advantage?

May 27th, 2012, 1:53 am
Firing on two.

Joolz wrote:
lpgo wrote:

40* advance! How is it not pinging? Only on light throttle? and what is the advantage?

Yeah that is interesting.

I see that it spikes to 40* advance whenever you take your foot off the throttle, also when you are sitting on the freeway at 4900rpm it was sitting at a constant 41.7* advance for a while then jumping between that and 30* advance. (It makes me smile watching the 2cv pass all that traffic on the open road :D )

I know F A about ignition timing so this is all new to me.

Well done.

Harley

(edit)
BRAINWAVE: Are we seeing high timing advance because there is now an offset due to the sensor location, so the offset has not been calibrated?

May 27th, 2012, 4:22 am
Firing on two.

An ignition adjustment calculator.

http://powerpage.dk.web26.wannafindserv ... p_v106.xls

(Ignition Map Configurator - Startup Map

Set up your own start-up table for ignition

This configuration gives an estimated start-up map for your engine. You choose your engine setup, then the values ​​are transferred and obtained an ignition table which can be directly entered into your engine.

However, it is very important to understand that a opstartsmap never can hit MBT accurately and certainly not for all engines. Is compensated not for max torque range. There must always be individually adjusted thereafter. Having said so configurator aimed at hitting as close to reality as possible and therefore there can be areas where the ignition must be pulled back a little. The goal is a reasonable start-up map.

The approach is to select the values ​​in the drop-down boxes that fit on your engine and setup. Then transfer the configured values ​​to the next drop-down boxes, and your startup map appears. I would like to hear about or praise the configurator. Enjoy!)

http://powerpage.dk.web26.wannafindserv ... rator.aspx

May 27th, 2012, 8:48 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 880 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 88  Next