View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 28th, 2024, 8:28 am

Reply to topic  [ 880 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81 ... 88  Next
 1-2-spark 
Firing on two.

Post Re: 1-2-spark
Glad to help, not having the gauge for the Spartan was always the reason I stayed away from it at first. Then I realised I only utilised the readings when I was tuning/tweaking the rest of the time it was just for the ego ...
Now I've tried Spartan there's no looking back.

Just a note; that link you sent os for the older 4.2 LSU sensor, the micro controller is on the sensor side so if it fails you need to start again.
the new Spartan now uses modern 4.9 LSU sensor and the controller is in the cable so if a sensor fails you can replace it.

December 7th, 2014, 11:13 am
Firing on two.

me likey likey!

this will solve many 'problems'

1-2-spark with lambdasensor connection and readout, I'd just have to buy a Lambdasensor as an extra, that was my plan anyway! this way it saves me the expensive and ugly gauge.

and of course Harley is right, you only use the gauge when tuning and tweaking!

I have a question too, what if I use 2 manifolds (2 separate carburettors) where do you take the MAP reading for the 1-2-spark?

when can I order one?? ;)

greetzzzzzzzzz

December 8th, 2014, 9:55 am
Firing on 1-2 Spark

Rusty wrote:
me likey likey!

this will solve many 'problems'

1-2-spark with lambdasensor connection and readout, I'd just have to buy a Lambdasensor as an extra, that was my plan anyway! this way it saves me the expensive and ugly gauge.

and of course Harley is right, you only use the gauge when tuning and tweaking!
I dont agree, my lambda gauge is my best friend, when I'm cruising or driving tthe hard way.. I Always take a quick look of it.. but hey this is my opinion....

I have a question too, what if I use 2 manifolds (2 separate carburettors) where do you take the MAP reading for the 1-2-spark? Take a T-piece and connect the 2 inletmanifolds to wjth the T piece to the ECU... connecting both the inletmainifolds smoothens the map-pressure

when can I order one?? ;)

I will Pm. you...

greetzzzzzzzzz[/quote]

Russ

December 9th, 2014, 11:47 pm
Profile WWW
2CV Fan

apologies upfront if this is a little off-topic, but I have the following question ;
I am installing a big-bore at the moment and therefore I have to adjust my carb, I got some extra jets size 115 & 120. Just putting in some other nozzles at 'good luck' and later on go to a test-bench on a tuning meeting is not the way I want to go. My idea is to weld a bung for mounting a AFR-sensor to each of my cars and buy a stand-alone wideband labda sensor + controller + gauge so I can measure the carb-setting and adjust each car individually. If I look around you can buy several brands - of course it has to be wideband, preferabaly with the latest Bosch LSU 4.9 Wideband O2 sensor. (and YES 1-2-spark will be mounted, helps me in the first period by setting the max rpm at 4000)

What advice can you give me ? which brand ? price/quality etc,etc

December 10th, 2014, 1:35 am
Firing on 1-2 Spark

As Harley says, the www.14point7.com Spartan II with LSU 4.9 is the cheapest but also best option, the only thing is, you need to buy a seperate gauge. However you can take your Multimeter and use that as a gauge....

A good second are Techedge.

Russ

December 10th, 2014, 7:15 am
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

How many of these units have you built and sold now, Geo?

December 10th, 2014, 9:09 am
Firing on 1-2 Spark

Russell wrote:
How many of these units have you built and sold now, Geo?

big brother is watching me Russel.... Let's say I've built about 30 of them till now (slowly increasing) ;) ;)

Russ

December 10th, 2014, 1:06 pm
Profile WWW
Firing on 1-2 Spark

Time for another update about 1-2-spark....

Last sunday I gave it another try to get the Visa sensor/replacement sensor going but once again it didn't work out well... I blew up my hallsensor amplefyer at the end so not good at all..
Still I made the disicion to have 10 pcb's made for the hall sensor amplefyer maybey it will work then. Now I have some wire leads and they can pick up noise from my coil at the workspace I have... we will see..

Otherwise I don't hear anything from any of the 1-2-spark drivers so I guess 1-2-spark is doing it's job properly.... My own car is running on LPG now, with 1-2-spark doing the ignition and it also fires the Megasquirt injection module.... (directlly with 5 volt) and it is working great...

There are several drivers who already have a 1-2-spark and now buying another one to fire another car they have. I think this is once again a great compliment for me and
1-2-spark..

I took a few orders just before christmas, so some people were giving themselves a nice christmas present.. but ran out of stock...

At the moment all parts needed are in and my little 1-2-spark factory is working in overdrive; soldering, drilling, milling, packiging aso.. So I'm starting to have a little stock at the moment...

I already made a final testdrive with some of them in my car (just to see if they work properly) and I always do a first run on my workbench and they work great..

Cheers Geo..

Attachment:
productie1.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Russ

January 21st, 2015, 10:41 pm
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

Hi Geo
Glad to hear you are still working on the Visa option ,I was worried as it has been very quiet. Sorry to find you are not having much luck at the moment but I'm sure you will find the answer . Good Luck

Boggy

January 22nd, 2015, 7:21 pm
Firing on 1-2 Spark

Sorry Boggy, but at the moment it isn't happening at all (using the Visa sensor or direct replacement), Possible this amplefyer I want to use is good for a 36-1 tooth gear and I use only 1 tooth, but it keeps giving lot's of noise apart from the real tooth so no use for me (and you)... at the moment.. I will order pcb's this eleminates the long leads, possible that will help... I'll keep you informed...

Russ

January 22nd, 2015, 8:28 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 880 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81 ... 88  Next