View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently March 19th, 2019, 12:21 am



Reply to topic  [ 175 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18  Next
 Tyres, Chassis, Oil and Tappets. (Argument thread) 
Author Message
Firing on two.
User avatar

Joined: November 29th, 2008, 10:05 pm
Posts: 9259
Location: West Sussex, U.K.
Post Tyres, Chassis, Oil and Tappets. (Argument thread)
All contentious subjects shall be redirected here once they descend into arguing.

However...

Use only:

Michelin tyres

Citroen or SLC chassis

15W40 Diesel oil

and set your tappets at 0.25.


OR YOU ARE WRONG.

_________________
samfieldhouse wrote:
What I like about I2F is that there is no pretence of democracy.


March 18th, 2011, 7:46 pm
Profile
Firing on two.
User avatar

Joined: June 19th, 2010, 8:40 pm
Posts: 761
Location: Kingswood, S.Glos.
Post Re: Tyres, Chassis, Oil and Tappets. (Argument thread)
I can agree to all your points. No argument from me. :D

_________________
John Jordan

It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune must be in want of a d'olly.


March 18th, 2011, 7:53 pm
Profile
Firing on two.
User avatar

Joined: November 29th, 2008, 10:05 pm
Posts: 9259
Location: West Sussex, U.K.
Post Re: Tyres, Chassis, Oil and Tappets. (Argument thread)
knightley wrote:
I can agree to all your points. No argument from me. :D


Typical, even the bloody argument thread starts with somebody agreeing.

_________________
samfieldhouse wrote:
What I like about I2F is that there is no pretence of democracy.


March 18th, 2011, 7:56 pm
Profile
Firing on two.
User avatar

Joined: June 19th, 2010, 8:40 pm
Posts: 761
Location: Kingswood, S.Glos.
Post Re: Tyres, Chassis, Oil and Tappets. (Argument thread)
Don't worry Russell, somebody will be along to argue with you later. (I expect) :)

_________________
John Jordan

It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune must be in want of a d'olly.


March 18th, 2011, 7:58 pm
Profile
Firing on two.
User avatar

Joined: April 18th, 2009, 8:01 pm
Posts: 947
Location: Paris/Manc
Post Re: Tyres, Chassis, Oil and Tappets. (Argument thread)
Can't argue with that :lol: but a genuine question... why diesel oil?

_________________
Image


March 18th, 2011, 8:02 pm
Profile
Firing on two.
User avatar

Joined: November 29th, 2008, 10:05 pm
Posts: 9259
Location: West Sussex, U.K.
Post Re: Tyres, Chassis, Oil and Tappets. (Argument thread)
Supposedly it has more detergent in it than petrol oil.

_________________
samfieldhouse wrote:
What I like about I2F is that there is no pretence of democracy.


March 18th, 2011, 8:05 pm
Profile
Firing on two.
User avatar

Joined: June 19th, 2010, 8:40 pm
Posts: 761
Location: Kingswood, S.Glos.
Post Re: Tyres, Chassis, Oil and Tappets. (Argument thread)
Russell wrote:
Supposedly it has more detergent in it than petrol oil.


Can I wash me clothes in it? :lol:

_________________
John Jordan

It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune must be in want of a d'olly.


March 18th, 2011, 8:09 pm
Profile
Post Re: Tyres, Chassis, Oil and Tappets. (Argument thread)
Personally I find 15 year old (therefore rock hard) Firestone 125s and a Northern chassis (not SLC) are quite entertaining.

What's wrong with Morrisons £5 20w50?

And, tappets, what are they..........? ;)


March 18th, 2011, 9:27 pm
Firing on two.

Joined: April 22nd, 2009, 11:06 pm
Posts: 3683
Location: Ecosse
Post Re: Tyres, Chassis, Oil and Tappets. (Argument thread)
Russell wrote:
All contentious subjects shall be redirected here once they descend into arguing.

However...

Use only:

Michelin tyres

Citroen or SLC chassis

15W40 Diesel oil

and set your tappets at 0.25.

OR YOU ARE WRONG.


Nowt to argue with there ;)

but you should have added that timing must be sat dynamically and that primary main jet must be increased by a couple of hudredths of a mm and shocking the fan off is acceptable behaviour
:lol:

_________________
Kissing the Lash
Image
"Any advice of a technical nature is given on the understanding that I've actually done this shit, not just read about it in D*lly club mag some time ago.


March 18th, 2011, 9:42 pm
Profile
Firing on two.

Joined: April 22nd, 2009, 11:06 pm
Posts: 3683
Location: Ecosse
Post Re: Tyres, Chassis, Oil and Tappets. (Argument thread)
OOh and exhaust is a tuned component that affects the torque and power curves.

and Beyonce could kick Lady Gagas skinny white ass

_________________
Kissing the Lash
Image
"Any advice of a technical nature is given on the understanding that I've actually done this shit, not just read about it in D*lly club mag some time ago.


March 18th, 2011, 9:45 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 175 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Roger V and 28 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.