View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 17th, 2024, 12:14 am

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Starting trouble! 
2CV Fan

Post Re: Starting trouble!
I have 3 coils in one of my 2CVs. One connected and 2 spares. All were bought new and none are older than 10 years. They are all Valeo. I think they are crap coils these days, or perhaps, Valeo test their coils and send all the ones that failed the test to Australia (more bloody convicts).

I am impressed byt the ECAS Harley coil and HT leads and think that they are a better design than the original.

Agreed, a coil won't solve non-coil problems. There usually comes a time when a 2CV needs a decent overhaul, and a new carby kit/carby overhaul, 123 ignition (maybe the vacuum advance version, with the vacuum takeoff tapped into the carby at overhaul time), new coil, new HT leads, new regulator, new battery and overhaul/replace alternator and it can give a few years of trouble free motoring from the ignition point of view.

I don't like points and I don't like taking the fan off more than absolutely necessary, as each removal can start to weaken the hub, and a broken hub can cause the fan to cut the pipes going to the oil cooler, and that is a real bummer.

Daffy Duck

May 1st, 2009, 2:13 pm
Firing on two.

Post Re: Starting trouble!
Daffy Duck wrote:
a broken hub can cause the fan to cut the pipes going to the oil cooler, and that is a real bummer.

Daffy Duck

Yep.

May 3rd, 2009, 8:43 pm
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2