View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently March 28th, 2024, 2:55 pm

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Unwinding a gearbox. 
Firing on two.

Post Re: Unwinding a gearbox.
Russell wrote:
Well, bizzarely, it works now. Rick, the gearbox guru called me (thanks Ade) and talked me through what was likely to be wrong, although most of the conversation involved me looking at a gearbox blankly while Rick described components I've never heard of or seen before. Everything he said was already as it should be, so I put the top back on, and it works. I've yet to go and take it up the road (because I'm too much of a pussy, and it'll probably break) but a little bit of trying it5 up the drive and it seems to be ok. I still have no idea what I did wrong, or to be honest, whether I've fixed it properly, but there you go...

Remote gearbox repair. Thats's why he is the Guru. If you had not had the call it would still be acting up!! The components of the box probably were not as they should have been but the call made them so....

March 16th, 2009, 12:08 am
Firing on two.

Post Re: Unwinding a gearbox.
..and that, is the only explanation I could come up with. I opened the box up while he was on the phone, explained where everything was and what it looked like, he told me it was fine, and to stick the top on (nothing had changed) and it worked ok. (well, ish)

Driven 90 miles today, seems allright, although it's not quite the same as it was and not as smooth, but there we go, I'll see how it goes and report back. I've got permission to post the instructions I used, hopefully theyll be of use to others!

March 16th, 2009, 12:15 am
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2