View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 20th, 2024, 1:41 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 acadiane door handle probs... 
super slot

Post acadiane door handle probs...
My drivers door's been working fine, but a few days ago i pushed the button in & the door opened, but the button stayed in... I've taken the door off & the door card - from what i can see it looks as if there's a spring missing - the autobooks manual shows the workings with 2 springs - mine only has 1!

I've tried fitting one using long nose pliers, but it just aint happening. So my question is this; How do you get the workings out of the door at the handle end? I take it i have to remove the window runner? This is fixed from what i can see with one bolt & two pop rivets? Has anyone got any experience of this? Has anyone got the first idea as to what i'm babbling on about?! :lol:

thankyouplease

March 12th, 2009, 6:47 pm
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

Post Re: acadiane door handle probs...
Which bit you trying to fiddle with? The external handle? Or the latch mechanism?

Whichever it is, it's the same as normal slidy-window Dyane door, so shouldn't be difficult to find a replacement off a shagged door.

March 14th, 2009, 12:37 pm
Profile YIM WWW
super slot

the latch mechanism; i can't see a way of getting at it due to the rear window runner/channel...

March 14th, 2009, 12:41 pm
Profile WWW
super slot

fixed it - took the window out, drilled the two pop rivets out that hold window channel to rear of the door. This would appear to be the only way of extracting the door latch mechanism, unless you know different!

The spring was missing that returns the door entry 'button' after you've pressed it. god knows where it went, it wasn't in the bottom of the like i was hoping! :roll:

March 16th, 2009, 11:24 pm
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

just to ressurect this thread, im glad i spied this, my passenger door is doing exactly the same thing, but it also wont lock properly to boot.

I was just gonna change the door, but if the fix is easy as this i shall have a go :)

windey windows in a van just seem so wrong after the normal slidey dyane ones. but it makes drive thru at maccy d's so much easier as stuff actually fits through the window :) :)

April 6th, 2009, 10:26 am
Firing on two.

Matt S wrote:
just to ressurect this thread, im glad i spied this, my passenger door is doing exactly the same thing, but it also wont lock properly to boot.

Did you replace the lower hinge, or is it still the manky one that was on?

If so, it never had any problem with either locking or de/latching when we had it... Must be Russ's fault.

April 6th, 2009, 6:38 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Firing on two.

I changed the lower hinge yes, and its a different door as to the one that was on (i think, i cant remember)

April 7th, 2009, 10:17 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]