View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently March 19th, 2024, 5:35 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Rejetting Carburettor Advice 
2CV Fan

Post Rejetting Carburettor Advice
Hey guys, I'm wondering about overhauling my carburettor for my 1988 car as the performance feels a little bit lacklustre. At present it has the carb from 1982 car but I'd like to overhaul the carb that came with the car and put it back. When I rebuilt the top part of the engine I put 9.0:1 pistons and barrels in it but have left the air filter arrangement standard unlike a Dyane etc. So I'm wondering what are the best jets to use with a non super charged air set up? Also when it had its MOT recently the CO reading was 2.352 (limit is 3.500) so it passed but it was still fairly high reading so I'm wondering whether it's adjusted correctly. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks. Sam.

February 18th, 2015, 11:07 pm
Agony Aunt - You have a car problem? Speak to Ken

Post Re: Rejetting Carburettor Advice
http://www.2cvgb.co.uk/forum/showthread ... ht=primary ;)

You will also need to set the float height correctly, check the 'choke pull-off' device to see if it's still functional, adjust the closing position of the secondary butterfly and so on...

blue_2cv wrote:
Hey guys, I'm wondering about overhauling my carburettor for my 1988 car as the performance feels a little bit lacklustre. At present it has the carb from 1982 car but I'd like to overhaul the carb that came with the car and put it back. When I rebuilt the top part of the engine I put 9.0:1 pistons and barrels in it but have left the air filter arrangement standard unlike a Dyane etc. So I'm wondering what are the best jets to use with a non super charged air set up? Also when it had its MOT recently the CO reading was 2.352 (limit is 3.500) so it passed but it was still fairly high reading so I'm wondering whether it's adjusted correctly. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks. Sam.

February 18th, 2015, 11:48 pm
2CV Fan

Thanks Ken! :D

ken wrote:
http://www.2cvgb.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=9622&highlight=primary ;)

You will also need to set the float height correctly, check the 'choke pull-off' device to see if it's still functional, adjust the closing position of the secondary butterfly and so on...

Last edited by blue_2cv on February 20th, 2015, 11:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

February 19th, 2015, 12:18 am
Agony Aunt - You have a car problem? Speak to Ken

Almost forgot, don't worry about that CO reading of 2.35% at tickover.
The tickover will be steadier around that level, the MOT test fellow I use will sometimes richen the idle mixture if it's less than 2% CO during the test.

blue_2cv wrote:
Thanks Ken! :D

ken wrote:
http://www.2cvgb.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=9622&highlight=primary ;)

February 19th, 2015, 12:59 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]