View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 27th, 2024, 7:56 pm

Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 2cv with smart turbo intercooler. 
Firing on two.

Post Re: 2cv with smart turbo intercooler.
This is my real 2cv.
To explain all this mess could you put numbers on the different devices, in order to make the explanation easier and clearer.

July 12th, 2010, 9:58 pm
Firing on two.

Pics Edited with numbers 1-5

Harley

July 13th, 2010, 1:27 am
Firing on two.

My 2cv runs on LPG with an oil-system and it's a pain in the behind. You need a vaporisor that can cope with the oilpressure. The smallest vaporisor that can is too big for the 2cv-engine. Everytime I get off the autobahn (autoweg, highway) at the first trafficlights the vaporisor will freese up. I also have a problem with oilleakage and for years we haven't been able to find where exactly the leakages take place (and that is a big pain in the ...).

My system was an experiment by Duckservice. They do not work with this system anymore becourse of these problems.

Don't hit me with them negative waves so early in the morning!

July 13th, 2010, 9:43 am
Firing on two.

Thx for the insight Captain, it is good to hear first hand experience, if i did it i would lower the pressure on the line going to the Vaporizer, i can see it will be more trouble than it is worth. I guess I will hit that idea on the head then...

Has any one got any pics of the LPG tank in there car?
I think you could fit 2x Tank = 860 x 244 mm in the spare wheel space, but your would have to cut into the floor plan arch which may get to close to the suspension arms. this would give you 60L of gas and only sit 70mm higher than the spare wheel. A Toroidal tank = 580 x 225mm would give you 36L with no modifications and also sit 70mm higher than the spare wheel...

Harley

July 13th, 2010, 11:27 am
Firing on two.

Harley, I've sent you some more pictures showing my 24 litres LPG tank (enough for 320kms) and the spare wheel.
When I asked you to number the parts of the different devices you can see on my 2cv, I was not talking about the photos themselves, but some kind of photoshop work in order to allow a better identification of what I would be talking about.
If that isn't possible I'll try to find some free time to write about the pictures.

July 13th, 2010, 11:56 am
Firing on two.

I have a 'ufo-tank'. It has the shape of a big tire and fits (with some violence) in the boot where the spare wheel used to be. The trouble was that I could not empty it. It holds 45 litres but 15 of them always stayed in becourse the tank wasn't level. We're going to make a bracket to put it horizontal. This means that it will stick out a bit, but it will give me bigger acciradius.

July 14th, 2010, 9:35 am
Firing on two.

Something similar happens to my tank, Captain. It holds 32 litres but I can only fill it up with 24 because the warning signal keeps telling me it is full by annoying my ears ...

July 14th, 2010, 10:36 am
Firing on two.

I'm not shure it is the same problem. I can fill the tank but can't drive it empty. It is normal that you can fill the tank up to about trhree quarters for safety. My tank is a 60 liter tank that I can fill upto 45 liters. Becourse of the unlevelness of it 15 liter remain and can't be used.

July 14th, 2010, 10:41 am
Firing on two.

I see, it's quite a different problem.
How many litres do you need to drive 100kms?

July 14th, 2010, 3:15 pm
Firing on two.

on lpg about eight liters

July 14th, 2010, 3:24 pm
Reply to topic   [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next