View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 28th, 2024, 10:33 am

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Barrel locks - door locks 
Firing on two.

Post Barrel locks - door locks
hello again

mine's getting more and more hard to work every day....can you replace just the barrel or do you have to go for the whole handle as well?

on an Ami 6....

cheers

Will

(i sincerely hope one day i will be able to ANSWER questions, and not just ask them) :lol:

November 20th, 2009, 2:29 pm
Firing on two.

Post Re: Barrel locks - door locks
Can't you just spray some WD40 into the door lock? I've had the ignition barrel on my 2cv, pretty much seize on me and a quick squirt with the aforementioned product, cured it :D Always worth a try.

November 20th, 2009, 3:46 pm
Firing on two.

Jonathan wrote:
Can't you just spray some WD40 into the door lock? I've had the ignition barrel on my 2cv, pretty much seize on me and a quick squirt with the aforementioned product, cured it :D Always worth a try.

thanks for that, it's more that the pins have worn out and you have to stick it in at a funny angle and wiggle it about loads before anything happens.....there's just no other way of describing that

November 20th, 2009, 4:18 pm
Firing on two.

I've found that much like Darwin's monkeys, 2cv door locks tend to evolve.

When I first had my car, I had to use door keys to unlock the doors. Now, however, my car has evolved this useful feature whereby you CAN use the door keys, but also the ignition key, front door key, penknife, breadknife, 10p peice or even a figner nail. It's great, no more fumbling around I'm the dark to find my keys!

Just grip it firmly, stick your finger in, twist around, and she pops open. A highly useful feature.

November 20th, 2009, 9:03 pm
Firing on two.

I had no keys to my AMI6. The Ignition was easy, the keynumber is on the barrel, so had a new key made. The problem now is the doors. Since there was no key, I had to remove the pins in the lockingbarrel, so now I can use what ever to lock/unlock.

But I cant find new barrels for AMI6?! They are shorter than 2CV's and not the same as D's either......

Dont know what to do...

And a Heinemann Z412 -80

November 20th, 2009, 9:28 pm
samfieldhouse wrote:
Just grip it firmly, stick your finger in, twist around, and she pops open. A highly useful feature.

:shock: :shock: ;)

November 20th, 2009, 9:33 pm
Firing on two.

spanners wrote:
samfieldhouse wrote:

:shock: :shock: ;)

:lol: :oops: ;)

November 20th, 2009, 10:24 pm
Firing on two.

samfieldhouse wrote:

When I first had my car, I had to use door keys to unlock the doors. Now, however, my car has evolved this useful feature whereby you CAN use the door keys, but also the ignition key, front door key, penknife, breadknife, 10p peice or even a figner nail. It's great, no more fumbling around I'm the dark to find my keys!

Please don't say stuff like that! Last week you told us where you park it! It's hard to resist the temptation to pop round, unlock it, seat a family of four blow-up dolls in it and re-lock it....

November 20th, 2009, 10:45 pm
Firing on two.

Ha ha - some great responses! If you are really careful, with a bit of sharp movement, you can open a 2CV lock by jerking it past its resistance if you have a dry barrel. .. Best bet, seriously, to stop problems with locks is to to take them to bits, clean all the crap off of them and then smear the whole lot with a decent grease and put back together. SSD

1966 Ami Break

November 20th, 2009, 11:09 pm
Firing on two.

Russell wrote:
samfieldhouse wrote:

Please don't say stuff like that! Last week you told us where you park it! It's hard to resist the temptation to pop round, unlock it, seat a family of four blow-up dolls in it and re-lock it....

i'd start her up and park it round the corner, you can easily start a 2cv with the foil from a fag packet i've done it a fair few times :lol: :lol:

November 21st, 2009, 2:00 am
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next