View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently March 28th, 2024, 5:40 pm

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Cam timming. 
Firing on two.

Post Cam timming.
Cam timming.
Does started to calculate possible new indtake and exhaust manifold.
But am not sure the measurements I've made is right, is there anyone who has measured a 2cv/dyane cam??

What are the dimensions of the cams are being used in 2CV racing in england??

Is there anyone who might. should have a turbo-compressor cam as they no longer need???

May 6th, 2010, 10:02 am
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

Post Re: Cam timming.
http://www.mez.co.uk/mezporting/exhaust_length.html

May 6th, 2010, 10:17 am
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

Lars E wrote:
Cam timming.
But am not sure the measurements I've made is right, is there anyone who has measured a 2cv/dyane cam??

Is there anyone who might. should have a turbo-compressor cam as they no longer need???

plotting of the std cam vs "Race" cam....may be usefull, cam re ground from old by Kent in uk
zoomable herehttp://farm5.static.flickr.com/4023/4583926713_35b325ded8_m.jpg

however the UK race cam is a piece of crap all it does is stress the valves causing failure and it will often loose a lobe in hours of driving

ive never been able to find the timing diagrams for 2cv vs dyane cams and suspect there may not be much in it despite dis-similar part Nos

citroen tuning may be the way to go Maurice seems to be able to get some intresting profiles on his cams

what cr are you running? you can reduce it using the head seals from a 1600 vw engine as they are a perfect fit under the citroen barrel

Sean
ps exhaust and inlets cant be tuned, not on this forum anyway :P

May 6th, 2010, 6:41 pm
Firing on two.

Hey, here's my car 2cv'en is from 85 ', the engine is from a 78' Dyan.
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1610
The engine is standard inside, only cylinder heads and piston tops are ported and flywheels are light.
Without the engine is built a little utradisionelt ... multipoint fuel injection from Mega Squirt and a Garret turbo.
But almost anything can be done a little better what a factory could 30 years ago

I glanced much on the Argentine raceres intake. they have once something interesting pulse tuning

May 7th, 2010, 8:30 am
Profile WWW
super slot

Excuse the thread hi-jack, Lars, but what's the reasoning behind using the club cam? Is it to ensure everyone's on a level playing field, albeit at the cost of reliability?

May 7th, 2010, 8:50 am
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

Lars E wrote:
Hey, here's my car 2cv'en is from 85 ', the engine is from a 78' Dyan.
The engine is standard inside, only cylinder heads and piston tops are ported and flywheels are light.
Without the engine is built a little utradisionelt ... multipoint fuel injection from Mega Squirt and a Garret turbo.
But almost anything can be done a little better what a factory could 30 years ago

I glanced much on the Argentine raceres intake. they have once something interesting pulse tuning

Standard pistons...9:1 is it not recomended to have a cr of about 7:1 with a turbo

altho it is possible to do stuff better than the factory 30yrs ago the machining tolerances of the Citroen stuff is way inside what oyur local machine shop will quote as a tolerance for error, the eingineering in those little engines was superb for its day.

@ Neil the cam was supposed to "level" the field and give it a bit more poke however it succeeded in leveling the field in the first year in a military sense...it was carnage and a few good people threw in the towel

and if you read some of the tuning sites a few people claim to have "success in UK Racing" using their tweeked cams, despite only standard cams being alowed at the time :roll:

Sean

May 7th, 2010, 9:25 am
Firing on two.

The next motor I will build will be with 8-8,5:1 in kompresion and balanced crank, possibly with a second cam if I can find one suitable.
7:1 so far, I will not go down. I have no plans for me to go over 1.0 bar boost pressure. Has no problem at 0.8 bar.

May 7th, 2010, 1:08 pm
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

Sean wrote:
Lars E wrote:
Cam timming.

plotting of the std cam vs "Race" cam....may be usefull, cam re ground from old by Kent in uk
zoomable herehttp://farm5.static.flickr.com/4023/4583926713_35b325ded8_m.jpg

however the UK race cam is a piece of crap all it does is stress the valves causing failure and it will often loose a lobe in hours of driving

ive never been able to find the timing diagrams for 2cv vs dyane cams and suspect there may not be much in it despite dis-similar part Nos

citroen tuning may be the way to go Maurice seems to be able to get some intresting profiles on his cams

what cr are you running? you can reduce it using the head seals from a 1600 vw engine as they are a perfect fit under the citroen barrel

Sean
ps exhaust and inlets cant be tuned, not on this forum anyway :P

Can you find another picture, it is not very big and when I try to zoom it just becomes indistinct.
Is there no have data on original cams?? 2cv/dyane/Ami/602/435

May 10th, 2010, 11:22 am
Profile WWW
super slot

any better?

May 10th, 2010, 11:28 am
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

Ive got the more common "wheel" type diagram somewhere but as i moved house last week and am moving 20 yrs of citroen shite this week it may take a bit of time for it to surfce!

Stp had diagrams on his site im sure of it

Sean

May 10th, 2010, 11:41 am
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next