View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently June 6th, 2024, 1:09 am

Reply to topic  [ 880 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 88  Next
 1-2-spark 
Firing on two.

Post Re: 1-2-spark
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vauxhall-Vect ... 35a6523df2

Hi - Would something like this work?

June 9th, 2012, 9:08 am
Firing on 1-2 Spark

Dyane61976 wrote:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vauxhall-Vectra-Signum-2-0-Turbo-Vacuum-Pressure-Sensor-/230423674354?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item35a6523df2

Hi - Would something like this work?

Yes this will work, the only thing is I need to programm the chip for it to work (but this will take
about 3 or 4 months from now)....

Russ

June 9th, 2012, 4:50 pm
Profile WWW
Firing on 1-2 Spark

@ Harley today I met somebody who has a working supercharger + (SU carburator)on a Visa engine. (same supercharger as you have)

He runs it (at the moment with 123) some things I learned today.

- Superchargers are cool (instant torq even at low rpm)

- Now read this very carefully. YOU DON'T NEED SEQUENTIAL IGNITION FOR A SUPERCHARGER
ON A 2CV.
- Now read this very carefully. YOU DON'T NEED SEQUENTIAL IGNITION FOR A SUPERCHARGER
ON A 2CV.
ON A 2CV.

- 123 runs even worse with a supercharger then Marks 2cv did (pinking all over the place)

- My ignition suits a supercharger perfect.
- A TURBOCHARGED 2CV IS MUCH MORE SPECTACULAR (AND MORE POWERFULL) THEN A SUPERCHARER (ABOVE 3000rpm)

Russ

June 9th, 2012, 5:00 pm
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

Not in big hurry - I want to get car ready for October Spa meeting. My car will have draw through turbo so would act like supercharger?? So would your current 1-2 spark work with it?

June 9th, 2012, 5:24 pm
Firing on 1-2 Spark

Yess it will do. But a supercharcher gives you instant boost you you can backup the advance immidiatly, a turbo builds (slowly) builds up pressure, so first you have normal advance but when boost comes in you need to retard advance.. You can use my ignition but it won't give you full power not being under boost so making the turbolag bigger or you can't overcome the turbolag at all.

Russ

June 9th, 2012, 5:36 pm
Profile WWW
Firing on 1-2 Spark

Today I programmed a tableswitch, now you can choose between 3 advance tables, lets say table 1 for very good fuel (much advance),
table 2 for normal fuel (normal advance)
table 3 for bad quality fuel

or you can do 1 for LPG 1 for petrol 1 for e85 all tables can be adjusted seperatly

Also I programmed a shiftlight, just for fun, so now you can/will be warned before the revlimiter kicks in.....

Now the next thing is to pump up the calculation speed of the chip, the chip works now at 8000000 (8 milion) calculations per second, the new chip I now have can double that, it will only take 2 degrees crankshaft rotation (at 6000 rpm) to calculate rpm and advance and set the timing now thats the reel stuff) not that it doesn.t work now, but faster is always better......... (well in this case)
Next week I'm going to order a VR senser which fits exactly in a Visa gearbox/bracket now then you have reel plug and play for a Visa, still indoubt for the 2cv; now you need to weld a plate to the flywheel......... to make it run, now who can do that.......

Today I did a 300km /200 mile run and it worked very well....... also a traffic jam in it no heating of the coil nice and stady iddle, good starting and so on. So I think it is reliable now....

Russ

June 9th, 2012, 9:33 pm
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

Can I order one complete and we can talk more about program etc when turbo car is working.

June 10th, 2012, 12:22 am
Firing on two.

lpgo wrote:
@ Harley today I met somebody who has a working supercharger + (SU carburator)on a Visa engine. (same supercharger as you have)

He runs it (at the moment with 123) some things I learned today.

- Superchargers are cool (instant torq even at low rpm)

- Now read this very carefully. YOU DON"T NEED SEQUENTIAL IMAGES OF YOUR BARE ASS WITH A 2CV.
- Now read this very carefully. YOU DON"T NEED SEQUENTIAL IMAGES OF YOUR BARE ASS WITH A 2CV.

- 123 runs even worse with a supercharger then Marks 2cv did (pinking all over the place)

- My ignition suits a supercharger perfect.
- A TURBOCHARGED 2CV IS MUCH MORE SPECTACULAR (AND MORE POWERFULL) THEN A SUPERCHARER (ABOVE 3000rpm)

8-) Can you get some pics of his set up? We have another 2CV'er down under about to do an SU + supercharger combo.

I understand that sequential ignition is not required for a supercharger, especially with a stock cam, stock ignition, etc. But add a higher profile cam etc and things are getting risky! A backfire needs to be avoided, especially with carby>supercharger system.
Sequential fuel alone is much safer, sequential ignition is Harley proof :P I hope :lol:

Can 1-2-saprk be built with logic level (5 volt) ignition outputs to run "smart" coils with inbuilt ignitors/amplifiers?

lpgo wrote:
Today I programmed a tableswitch, now you can choose between 3 advance tables, lets say table 1 for very good fuel (much advance),
table 2 for normal fuel (normal advance)
table 3 for bad quality fuel

or you can do 1 for LPG 1 for petrol 1 for e85 all tables can be adjusted separately

That's great! can this be controlled from a switch/knob in the cabin?
1-2-spark is developing fast!

Harley

June 10th, 2012, 5:53 am
Firing on two.

This is the result of Torben's work - check out the results on Dyno.......... big dip in power and all power above 6000 rpm

http://www.citronik.dk/jforum/posts/list/135/6746.page

June 10th, 2012, 8:11 am
Firing on two.

Lpgo,
Modern part for Visa.
Attachment:
Visa Sensors IE5099.pdf

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

June 10th, 2012, 8:54 am
Reply to topic   [ 880 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 88  Next