View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently May 12th, 2024, 5:00 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
 Is there going to be an Inter-National in 2010? 
Old Bloke

Post Re: Is there going to be an Inter-National in 2010?
Joolz wrote:
I don't think it's necessary for 2cvgb to dislike this forum

Who says that 2CVGB dislikes this forum. I have not heard or read anything on the subject.

Of course if it is said often enough it will become a self fulfilling prophesy.

http://www.2CVTech.co.uk

December 16th, 2009, 12:03 am
Firing on two.

grifftravel wrote:
Who says that 2CVGB dislikes this forum. I have not heard or read anything on the subject.

Yes you have, you were here 3 pages ago. ;) And my comment was primarily based on that. But you're right about self fulfilling prophesies, I'll stop repeating it. In fact I'll go one better, 2CVGB like I2F. :D

December 16th, 2009, 12:47 am
Firing on two.

Russell wrote:
2CVGB are among the relatively long list of people who don't like I2F, and whilst that doesn't bother me in the slightest I know the chances of them letting us organise an event with them is nil, and along with that we are at cross purposes with them anyway. they charge people in the UK for membership, whereby we are free for anybody anywhere with a 2cv.

Well that's one of the things that worries me about what your trying to do Russ. I don't know of anybody who hates I2F and you've got to admit many members are in both camps. I understand exactly what you're on about when it come to the "stuffy/rivet counter/ooh, you've got the wrong screws holding that indicator stalk together brigade". I have thought that people might be thinking "ooh why the f@ck has he done that" owning the car that I do, but I've been made most welcome wherever I've been so far without the slightest hint of snobbery.

When I was in the club 20 years ago, we used to sneer at "D*lly Wallies" because then you could drive to a Citroen dealer, pick up a car and drive to an event but it didn't give a shit how new your car was because within 5 minutes we'd be cracking open a beer. All because what we owned and drove was different in so many ways to what else was on the road. IT STILL IS.

At the National (forget technicalities) - a 2CVGB event organised by the Legless Frogs, there were many present that were not members of 2CVGB and there's always a lot of chat here about events that are, essentially 2CVGB organised events. We're all in the same "camp", I think and I detect a hint of devolution in the same way that some countries want independance but they don't want it completely.

The way I see it - I2F need to decide if they want to be independant from or complimentary to 2CVGB. If it's complementary, then the idea that 2CVGB are full of old fogies that hate having fun should be thought of, made fun of and (maybe :twisted: ) encouraged (I'm nearly 40 myself) then fair enough, I'll be at the bar with you. However if I2F think that they are hated and want to be independant then maybe it needs to think about how closely it supports, advertises and attends the various events that 2CVGB organise? You can't have it both ways.

For the record, I really miss your witty repartee on 2CVGB because it did sometimes put the cat amongst the pigeons and that's where I think you're most suited - a rebel rather than a revolutionary

Bertie xx

December 16th, 2009, 5:12 am
Firing on two.

Bertie, once again, we're nothing to do with 2cvgb. We might go to some of thier events and some of us might be members, but that's it. I appreciate your input, but to be honest, I'm getting bored of this thread going in circles.

Yes, there will be an International next year.

December 16th, 2009, 8:56 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9