View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 28th, 2024, 12:12 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Is there going to be an Inter-National in 2010? 
Firing on two.

Post Re: Is there going to be an Inter-National in 2010?
thanks Annie :lol:

Just as a side note, we didn't know the date until long after the Intl. had been sorted, if it was a different weekend it would have still been worthwhile (I hope) but alas, it would have been foolish to continue with the date we were given for the 24hr.

I can see the teams being a bit thin on the ground this year! less sleep for those of us who are going :shock:

December 15th, 2009, 10:33 pm
2CV Fan

Does anyone know why they changed the date of the 24hr to August from May? I've not been for about 2 or 3 years, the last time I was there it rained non stop :(

December 15th, 2009, 10:36 pm
Firing on two.

From what I understand about it Annie, the 2cv racing club has no real say in it, once the major dates in the calendar are worked out (BTCC, F1, Superbikes etc) then they fit everything in around it. Effectively, you're given a date and that's that. I did hear tell that it was moved because the marshalls weren't keen on being out in the cold wet nights in May, so it was moved to warmer months.

The real answer then, I don't know.

December 15th, 2009, 10:47 pm
2CV Fan

Shame because I enjoyed the ones I saw...
Thanks for the answer though

December 15th, 2009, 10:49 pm
Firing on two.

I love it, it's one of my favourite events of the year. It's such a shame that it's not supported better. I've never seen more than a handful of 2cvs turn up and support it.

December 15th, 2009, 10:50 pm
Firing on two.

I've just been having a rant based on the conversation a page back, but things have moved on while I was typing and I'm wondering now if anyone wants to hear it.

December 15th, 2009, 10:59 pm
Firing on two.

Joolz wrote:
I've just been having a rant based on the conversation a page back, but things have moved on while I was typing and I'm wondering now if anyone wants to hear it.

yeah, why not.

December 15th, 2009, 11:04 pm
2CV Fan

Sorry was getting a bit off topic there.
But is the 24hr the best kept secret?
It doesn't seem to be very widely advertised so maybe not many folk turn up because they don't know about it?
There were just a few cars at each one we went to, usually the same ones...

Rant on Joolz.

Last edited by Annie on December 15th, 2009, 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

December 15th, 2009, 11:06 pm
Firing on two.

Joolz wrote:

:arrow: Bring it on

December 15th, 2009, 11:07 pm
Firing on two.

Here you go then!
Sorry, this may seem a little unnecessary but I feel a rant coming on.
While this topic seems to have gone this way I'll add my 2p.

I don't think it's necessary for 2cvgb to dislike this forum, there's not a massive overlap in what the two have to offer members. I can see the "why pay to join a club when I can get tech help for free elsewhere" argument, but I don't think 2cvgb have that many members who are only there for tech advice, as a big well established club, they are able to offer much more than that.

I don't see why 2cvgb couldn't see this forum as a benefit, as it gives the 'yoof', as well as the immature of all ages, somewhere to go when they want to swear, libel, post pics of boobies and be generally offensive, without 'bringing their club into disrepute'. I think I'm right in assuming that the majority of the british I2F regulars are also 2cvgb members, so it's not as if they're losing out on anything as a result of us being here, plus we publicise their events in the events section and as photos afterwords, to any non-members who are here.

I have got the impression that any bad feeling between the two factions is not based on the competition aspect so much as a clash between personalities on either side, and that the two organisations could co-exist quite happily with a little bit of care to avoid treading on toes and burning bridges. I personally, definitely prefer the liberal, don't give a f**k attitude here, but I'll continue to support 2cvgb for as long as they support 2cving.

I can't help having been reminded several times recently of the 'popular peoples front of Judea' scene from The life of Brian, "splitters".

Perhaps I'm being a bit naive, but the hippy in me likes to think everybody could get along fine if people were just nice to each other!! (as a student I was frequently likened to Neil from the Young Ones)

December 15th, 2009, 11:12 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next