View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 28th, 2024, 11:47 pm

Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Cornwall camp poll.. 

If my cornwall camp was fully organised would you attend?
Yes 52%  52%  [ 14 ]
No 48%  48%  [ 13 ]
Total votes : 27

Cornwall camp poll.. 
Old Bloke

Post Re: Cornwall camp poll..
Tom wrote:
Picture of were this camp is going to be. A more detailed one later on and if thats no good type in Ruan Miinor in to google maps. We will be in my neighbors show field which will be all nicely ready for you 2cv'ers to come down to stay.

Top tip, PM me for some real advice.

http://www.2CVTech.co.uk

September 28th, 2009, 11:34 pm
Firing on two.

Please don't call us 2cv'ers!

September 29th, 2009, 12:19 am
Firing on two.

Yeah, we're cv2'ers :lol: ;)

September 29th, 2009, 1:10 am
2CV Fan

If you want to save paying for and sorting out Public Liability Insurance (You will need to have it though), you can form a new Cornwall local group of 2CVGB. Liz and Steve are in Somerset now as you say, and have disbanded the SW Cornwall 2CVers.

Get in touch with Kim - through 2CVGB News (or Luke on here), if you want to form a new 2CVGB local group for the area, and then 'the club' can handle the liability for the event. The club can also advise on all the boring Health & Safety etc.

I think Liz got her loos and showers for a firm called Andy Loos although I'm not sure, we've used a national firm called Wernicks.

Food stands are not a must, if you do have them might be an idea just to have a fish & chip van a couple of nights, and some take away menues (if there's anything local). It can be a lot of organising.

Somewhere under cover would be great, but again not a must, as long as you let folk know what facilities you have laid on they will bring T Bases, Gazebos etc.

It's sounding good if you've got a field, that's usually the hardest thing to sort out.

September 29th, 2009, 7:05 pm
Old Bloke

Annie wrote:
If you want to save paying for and sorting out Public Liability Insurance (You will need to have it though), you can form a new Cornwall local group of 2CVGB. Liz and Steve are in Somerset now as you say, and have disbanded the SW Cornwall 2CVers.

Get in touch with Kim - through 2CVGB News (or Luke on here), if you want to form a new 2CVGB local group for the area, and then 'the club' can handle the liability for the event. The club can also advise on all the boring Health & Safety etc.

I think Liz got her loos and showers for a firm called Andy Loos although I'm not sure, we've used a national firm called Wernicks.

Food stands are not a must, if you do have them might be an idea just to have a fish & chip van a couple of nights, and some take away menues (if there's anything local). It can be a lot of organising.

Somewhere under cover would be great, but again not a must, as long as you let folk know what facilities you have laid on they will bring T Bases, Gazebos etc.

It's sounding good if you've got a field, that's usually the hardest thing to sort out.

Very sound advice this Tom, ignore it at you peril.

http://www.2CVTech.co.uk

September 29th, 2009, 7:28 pm
Firing on two.

thanks for your advise people. My number '2' key didn't work sorry. :oops:

getting there slowly.

September 29th, 2009, 8:46 pm
Firing on two.

Far be it from me to offer up any advice about running a 2cv camp, I've never organised one BUT, how many camps have you attended Tom? Perhaps the best way to ensure the masses you hope to attract will have thier needs satisfied is by seeing how things are done? Or are you hoping that your fresh approach to it will be a refreshing change?

September 29th, 2009, 9:12 pm
Firing on two.

:D yea. the last option. Thanks Luke for your advise. :)

getting there slowly.

September 29th, 2009, 9:43 pm
super slot

just so it's clear, this event that Tom is organising is something he's doing off his own back, & we (I2F) have no involvement other than allowing this thread to run.

September 30th, 2009, 12:07 pm
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

But (i2f) you are welcome to bring down your sales etc etc. Make some money for your selves.
4x4 fans bring your tents and display tents. Loads of room. Sell some bit n peices?????????

Big enough field to do it.

getting there slowly.

September 30th, 2009, 9:17 pm
Reply to topic   [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next