View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 16th, 2024, 10:00 pm

Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
 Registers day 
Firing on two.

Post Re: Registers day
james2cv wrote:
Has it always been like this or is this three pages of utter waffling bollocks a new thing? I might go next year, and it'll be the same old shit probably. I might enjoy it or I might come back feeling that I've got wasted for a weekend of my life.

Drive your 2cv. There's bigger things to worry about.

Nah its always been like this, lol it's called discussion.

July 5th, 2013, 1:42 pm
Firing on two.

baron_matt wrote:
james2cv wrote:
Has it always been like this or is this three pages of utter waffling bollocks a new thing? I might go next year, and it'll be the same old shit probably. I might enjoy it or I might come back feeling that I've got wasted for a weekend of my life.

Drive your 2cv. There's bigger things to worry about.

Nah its always been like this, lol it's called discussion.

also matt sorry re. visa parts. If you're hanging on to them I'll still have them off you at some point. Didn't make reg day as spent the Friday driving a sprinter van from Bolton to Winchester, then filling it with drums and driving to Edinburgh with nothing more than a 7 year old cousin and a best of broadway CD for company. Apologies.

July 5th, 2013, 2:20 pm
Firing on two.

james2cv wrote:

also matt sorry re. visa parts. If you're hanging on to them I'll still have them off you at some point. Didn't make reg day as spent the Friday driving a sprinter van from Bolton to Winchester, then filling it with drums and driving to Edinburgh with nothing more than a 7 year old cousin and a best of broadway CD for company. Apologies.

LOL no worries James, I've still got them waitin for you. Anyway you did give me the funniest reg day moment a couple of years back when you were so pissed you said that you wished I was your Dad.

At the end of the day its all about the car and being with your mates that's what counts.

July 5th, 2013, 2:28 pm
Firing on two.

baron matt wrote:
Hi Matt

Good to hear from you. The current venue is pretty well connected transport wise and is fairly central. Its not perfect I accept that but it is good. We did shift the event day to Saturday to give long distance members plenty of time to arrive and time to get home, but so far the membership has overwhelmingly asked for it to return to a Sunday.

Burleigh Hill has been booked again for next year, but that is likely to be its last year. The new Reg of Reg who replaces me will be looking to change venue for 2015 so by all means if you have any suggestions for a venue let us know.

Any chance of a camp up your way? Its been ages since the last Holy Island camp.

:-)

Cheers

Matt

Hi Matt

Loads of place up here to choose from, I would be willing to look into it in more depth, but knowing my luck the next person to take over from you will live somewhere doon soof!! on the south coast knowing my luck, and I'll never get to one!!

Dyane 12 1976 (ish)

If you don't play the game, don't make the fecking rules..

July 5th, 2013, 3:47 pm
Firing on two.

Well you never know, I have no idea who at this point who will take it over from me, so it could be someone from Cornwall or Scotland for that matter.

Two people have already expressed interest to me and they are quite far apart Geographically, so its an interesting one.

Its really got to be located for the good of the members rather than to the benefit of the Registrar though otherwise Reg day would have been in Buckinghamshire this year.

Last edited by baron_matt on July 5th, 2013, 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

July 5th, 2013, 4:02 pm
Firing on two.

baron_matt wrote:

Any chance of a camp up your way? Its been ages since the last Holy Island camp.

:-)

Cheers

Matt

tim and myself organised that one in Kelso WM year or was it the year before?

Might have a venue for an Edinburgh one soon - if i can be arsed

July 5th, 2013, 4:05 pm
Firing on two.

Matt_S wrote:
Hi Matt
Loads of place up here to choose from, I would be willing to look into it in more depth, but knowing my luck the next person to take over from you will live somewhere doon soof!! on the south coast knowing my luck, and I'll never get to one!!

Why not!
I live on the south coast and 2cvs/meetings have taken me to Scotland, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Russia, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Czech Republic, Hungary, Greece, Slovenia, Italy, Corfu, Austria, Germany, Switzerland, Luxembourg, France, Belgium, Netherlands, Spain, Andora, and even Wales!
I've had 2cvs for 17 years, so that's averaging only one and a half countries a year!: I need to get out more!

July 5th, 2013, 4:12 pm
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

chevrons2 wrote:
Matt_S wrote:
Hi Matt

Why not!
I live on the south coast and 2cvs/meetings have taken me to Scotland, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Russia, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Czech Republic, Hungary, Greece, Slovenia, Italy, Corfu, Austria, Germany, Switzerland, Luxembourg, France, Belgium, Netherlands, Spain, Andora, and even Wales!
I've had 2cvs for 17 years, so that's averaging only one and a half countries a year!: I need to get out more!

LOL.

July 5th, 2013, 6:32 pm
Reply to topic   [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9