View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 27th, 2024, 7:47 am

Reply to topic  [ 192 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
 Register's Weekend 10-12th July 2009 
Firing on two.

Post Re: Register's Weekend 10-12th July 2009
Joe602 wrote:
Matt S wrote:
Thanks Rich, your a star :)

Whens next NITS mate?

NITS..... what a night!!!!! i have absolutely no idea who the poor guy was that katie was sat next to.... he didnt like her use of the words "IM F...ING FANNIED" very much though :P

was nice to meet you Rich! shame i didnt end up having that go in your 007 :( gutted much! :(

I'd like to thank everyone i met/remember meeting ;) for such an amazing weekend! has got to be the best weekend i think ive had! cant think of anything that can top it atm! i felt very welcomed and thoroughly enjoyed myself! cant wait till the national now :D

Meant to go... But forgot... :? At least I didn't turn up on the wrong day though this month!

July 13th, 2009, 7:30 pm
Firing on two.

i still can't belive i won overall favorite car

i am very pleased :mrgreen:

Attachments:
P7120062.JPG
P7120062.JPG [ 146.8 KiB | Viewed 3216 times ]

July 13th, 2009, 8:27 pm
Old Bloke

Looks fab Harry, worth all the effort. Tell the bloke with the van on the left....its too low ;) only a teetotal graphic designer would drive a van that low to the ground

http://www.2CVTech.co.uk

July 13th, 2009, 8:31 pm
super slot

hjbharry wrote:
i still can't belive i won overall favorite car

i am very pleased :mrgreen:

i can! it's a real credit to you, russell & the others that all mucked in to bring a heap back to life.

I got to say that i wasn't overly keen on the final look in the pictures you posted prior to the weekend, but having seen it in the metal it looks stunning, the pictures don't really do it justice. 8-)

July 13th, 2009, 8:37 pm
Profile WWW
Wow chaps and chapesses,

such a good turn-out, bit of a Brookes thing going on this year, well deserved both, plus all the other winners!!
Many thanks to all who brought/ gawped at / drooled over / madly coveted /other peoples cars !! I would be very dull without the weird and one-offs, this what makes Registers Day so different to to the International
Interesting to notice that the 1st and 2nd Pre-70 winners (Barry Bowles and Martin Waldron) cars were both in the "well used/un restored" group. ignoring the well-restored, shiny cars!! Perhaps how the 2cv should be regarded! (in my opinion)
perhaps folk don't need lengthy and expensive lessons abroad in changing points, when a few hours at Registers Day with their Registrar will suffice....see you all at registers next year,

cheers all!!!!!!!!!!!! Ben

cheers to all

July 14th, 2009, 1:13 am
Ben W wrote:
Wow chaps and chapesses,

such a good turn-out, bit of a Brookes thing going on this year, well deserved both, plus all the other winners!!
Many thanks to all who brought/ gawped at / drooled over / madly coveted /other peoples cars !! I would be very dull without the weird and one-offs, this what makes Registers Day so different to to the International
Interesting to notice that the 1st and 2nd Pre-70 winners (Barry Bowles and Martin Waldron) cars were both in the "well used/un restored" group. ignoring the well-restored, shiny cars!! Perhaps how the 2cv should be regarded!
perhaps folk don't need lengthy and expensive lessons abroad in changing points, when a few hours at Registers Day with their Registrar will suffice....see you all at registers next year,

cheers to all

Thanks for going to the time and trouble you and your team so obviously did to make it a success, Ben....I don't know how you manage it, especially given the whinging about just about everything over on the 'other' place. :roll:

No bellyaching from these parts, I'm still buzzing from one of the best automotive weekends I've had in years, and all for the cost of halfway-decent Chinese.

And I bagged a trophy!!! Spanners is going to shove it up me ar.....I mean, ceremonially present it to me at the South Mids Classic Car Night tomorrow, I'll make sure someone takes a pic.

Thanks again to all involved. Top weekend.
:D

July 14th, 2009, 1:24 am
BrianDamaged wrote:
Ben W wrote:
Wow chaps and chapesses,

Interesting to notice that the 1st and 2nd Pre-70 winners (Barry Bowles and Martin Waldron) cars were both in the "well used/un restored" group. ignoring the well-restored, shiny cars!! Perhaps how the 2cv should be regarded!

cheers to all

Thanks for going to the time and trouble you and your team so obviously did to make it a success, Ben....I don't know how you manage it, especially given the whinging about just about everything over on the 'other' place. :roll:

No bellyaching from these parts, I'm still buzzing from one of the best automotive weekends I've had in years, and all for the cost of halfway-decent Chinese.

And I bagged a trophy!!! Spanners is going to shove it up me ar.....I mean, ceremonially present it to me at the South Mids Classic Car Night tomorrow, I'll make sure someone takes a pic.

Thanks again to all involved. Top weekend.
:D

Why thanks Brian,

I have had so many emails etc , very nice, it truly was a pleasure, seriously it was!
It was also a (proper) family affair for the first time!(Mandie, Ronan (12) and Tom (5) all loved it

see you all next year

xxx Ben

B

July 14th, 2009, 2:25 am
Old Bloke

Ben W wrote:
perhaps folk don't need lengthy and expensive lessons abroad in changing points,

Do you know of any Ben ;) ;)

I hear it was a great weekend, well done to all.

P

July 14th, 2009, 9:26 am
grifftravel wrote:
Ben W wrote:
perhaps folk don't need lengthy and expensive lessons abroad in changing points,

Do you know of any Ben ;) ;)

I hear it was a great weekend, well done to all.

P

Cheers Paul! it was fab, (from my unbiased perspective of course!)

as for expensive foreign repairs, I am hoping a certain elderly Peu**t 309 behaves itself in a fortnights time.........arf :D

July 14th, 2009, 10:25 am
Old Bloke

I look forward to having a beer with you. Our very scruffy Acad is running a treat so hopefully we won't have any problems.

P ;)

July 14th, 2009, 10:52 am
Reply to topic   [ 192 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next