View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 26th, 2024, 8:37 am

Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 The ICCCR-Yoof Flashmob/Get married & get in cheaper thread 
Firing on two.

Post Re: The ICCCR - Yoof Flashmob
Is that a proposal of marriage ?.....crikey you have only been in the job a month !

Concratulations to you both :D

Ken : There is some thought that the tune we use to "God Save the King/Queen is actually called America. (i.e. I think we knicked it from somewhere when we thought they wern't looking.....but it seems they were!)

Charles Ives wrote a piece for organ called "Variations on America"...not quite the sex pistols...but some followers of the crown might find it equally offensive in a modern English context :

http://youtu.be/B8GdvYJkvF0

November 24th, 2011, 12:48 pm
Firing on two.

Marriage never saved a man money. Ever.

I'm in the same boat as Anna, I'd be on my own too and whilst I'm not planning on doing any 2cv meetings next year I am struggling to justify £70 for a 2cv camp, I'm curious as to where that money is going, as the WM's in Salbris and Czech weren't that much. Sell it to me!

November 24th, 2011, 3:37 pm
Firing on two.

Sorry Russell...

...I really appreciate and like you as a person, and freind and 2CVer.....but if its a marriage of convenience for Sam and Anna...let them be happy "never after".

I would rather not marry you to split seventy quid ....as much as I like you !!!!.... :lol: :lol: :lol: ...well...maybe...as long as you dont ......oh it doesnt matter :lol:

Surely the answer is for me and Anna to be married on paper....you be our son, and as previously experienced, Sam and James be your children.....now thats worth splitting £70 over...

...again how stupid is it ?....cause I would like to go but my "real" wife....cant and isnt interested.....so unless I commit bigomy on paper then its £70 for me too.

:D

November 24th, 2011, 3:51 pm

I don't know how much the world meeting cost but if you live in the UK the cost of travelling there will be considerably less, and if you go from the Wednesday until the Monday that is £70 divided by 5 which is only £14.00 a night, which considering what is on offer is really very good value.

If you take a second car on the same booking then it has to be owned by the same family but as far as I can see from the website booking page the passenger in the first car or second car can be a friend. So if there are two in the car it works out at only £8.00 a person per night which is extremely cheap.

All the pre-booking money is being spent on deposits to book the venue, marquees etc, etc. It is costing thousands to stage this.

November 24th, 2011, 4:03 pm
Firing on two.

Squeezebox wrote:

Ken : There is some thought that the tune we use to "God Save the King/Queen is actually called America. (i.e. I think we knicked it from somewhere when we thought they wern't looking.....but it seems they were!)

Nat Anth tune written by Thomas Arne who also penned 'Rule Britannia' The Yanks nicked it from us.

We nicked 'Roll out the barrel' from the Czechs I believe.

So a lot of nicking went on and still does :shock:

It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune must be in want of a d'olly.

November 24th, 2011, 10:51 pm
2CV Fan

Izzy602 wrote:
...as far as I can see from the website booking page the passenger in the first car or second car can be a friend.

Shhh, Liz! I thought I was going to get a hubby out of the deal - don't tell them that! :(

Squeezebox: I like your thinking - until you get to the bit where I look old enough to be Sam and James' grandmother... :shock: :lol:

I'm not quibbling about the value for money per se (which I agree, Liz, isn't unreasonable given the costs of staging such a big event over several days), just the inequality of the way it breaks down per head. Like Russ said, I'm not sure I want to pay that much for a 2CV camp.

Well, if the marriage offers don't pan out, I could still be well up for car sharing. I'll think about it in the new year (I believe the prices are going up again then - she says, without checking the ICCCCCCCCCCCCCR website), so if anyone else is having similar thoughts, let me know. Petrol will probably be £2/litre by then, so splitting the fuel costs will also help! ;)

November 25th, 2011, 5:27 am
Firing on two.

Location: Alone in my polytunnel with my pitiful competition onions
You can share a car with me if you don't mind turning up in an ancient Land Rover. :)

November 25th, 2011, 7:23 am

This is the information I have so far on the FOOD that will be available at the event:

They are trying to get as many H-Van traders as possible without duplicating, so if you know of any please let me know.

There will be a large marquee with seating serving fabulous curries, delicious organic burgers, veggie delights, homemade cakes and puddings and breakfasts.

There is also a cafe in one of the main halls which will put on anything we would like - lasagne, chicken n' chips, steak n' kidney pie, roast beef and yorkshire, salads etc.

There will be a food village with a variety of vendors.... crepes, ice creams, frozen yoghurt, foot long frankfurters, Greek sausages & Halloumi, Pizzas, Coffee and Cakes, Fish and Chips, and plenty more to be confirmed.

There will also be a BBQ at the farm shop near the campsite and there is a Sainsburys supermarket on site.

And - there is a great traditional pub which does lovely food right next to the campsite.

November 25th, 2011, 10:10 am
Firing on two.

I'm afraid I'm in the still not sure I'm going camp. Going to France for the National / holiday in Brittany in May, then starting to save for Spa in October.

I'll probably regret going, but not as much as I regret missing Paris and Rochefort (x 2)

As for Uke bands.... I prefer the Re-entrants. They're ace!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8Kj_RNKe3g

November 25th, 2011, 7:37 pm
2CV Fan

Rhythm Thief wrote:
You can share a car with me if you don't mind turning up in an ancient Land Rover. :)

Brilliant! That would mean I won't have to pack light... :D
Drop me a PM at some point for the purposes of cunning plan formation. Where are you based?

(Just checking: I suppose a marriage deal is out of the question..? :lol: )

November 25th, 2011, 7:40 pm
Reply to topic   [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next