View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 25th, 2024, 3:58 pm

Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 The ICCCR-Yoof Flashmob/Get married & get in cheaper thread 
Firing on two.

Post The ICCCR-Yoof Flashmob/Get married & get in cheaper thread
So, as Editor of 2cvGB I've been able to clarify a few things 8-)

Payment is (basically) per family.

Quote:
The person driving [the additional] vehicle MUST BE part of the family who have booked a Car and Driver Ticket

ie, I pay £70 and take my D*lly, with 3 passengers, who each have to pay £10. My dad can take a car, and each person in that car will also have to pay £10, including the driver. So effectively 8 people can attend for £140 = £17.50 each - suddenly not so bad for 5 nights camping ;)

As long as you're family it's actually quite cheap. The more brothers/sisters/parents you have driving the cars you arrive in, the cheaper it gets.

In terms of bands, it's not going to be a bad event, there's some proper descent bands on the line up. If we're organised, we can get a good turn out of 2cvers AND 2cvers do have their own separate area to party.

9th - 12th August 2012

And they're still saying that if you cancel by the end of May you can have all your money back.

In the words of Winston Churchill:

Quote:
We shall go on to the end. We shall party in France, we shall party on the seas and oceans, we shall party with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our parties, whatever the cost may be. We shall party on the beaches, we shall party on the Yorkshire showground, we shall party in the fields and in the streets, we shall party in the dales; we shall never sleep, and if, which I do not for a moment believe, we forum members were subjugated and starving, then our international 2cv friends beyond the seas, armed with duty free and FM transmitters, would carry on the struggle, until, in God's good time, the new world, with all its power and might, drives forth to the rescue and the liberation of the old.

This is a going to be a massive one off event and there should be as many 2cvs and 2cvers there as possible. We can make it great - you know you want to be there :twisted:

Last edited by samfieldhouse on November 28th, 2011, 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

November 22nd, 2011, 11:10 pm
Firing on two.

Post Re: The ICCCR - Yoof Flashmob
Booked and I'll be there...

November 22nd, 2011, 11:49 pm
Firing on two.

samfieldhouse wrote:

Quote:
We shall go on to the end. We shall party in France, we shall party on the seas and oceans, we shall party with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our parties, whatever the cost may be. We shall party on the beaches, we shall party on the Yorkshire showground, we shall party in the fields and in the streets, we shall party in the dales; we shall never sleep, and if, which I do not for a moment believe, we forum members were subjugated and starving, then our international 2cv friends beyond the seas, armed with duty free and FM transmitters, would carry on the struggle, until, in God's good time, the new world, with all its power and might, drives forth to the rescue and the liberation of the old.

>Stands to attention in his union jack boxers after throwing the swiss museli at the dog and demands a full English or at least burnt toast and mamalade with lashings of brown tea<

November 23rd, 2011, 9:27 am

OK everyone. We can make this the event of the year for the 2CV crowd. We can show the other citroen drivers how to have the best bash in the world and if enough of us book we can show them that the best cars in the world let alone best Citroens are the 'A' series group.

I have taken on the role of the 2CVGB ICCCR representative and I am nor prepared to sit back and let the meeting be dead, boring or indifferent, however I cant do it alone. I need your constructive input of what you would like to see at the meeting. I can also only keep pushing if the bookings of 'A' series vehicles increase at a steady rate.

There are two seperate stages so that there will be two different bands playing each night. There are bands playing every night from the Wednesday to the Sunday nights inclusive.

There will be a firework display. There will be a mall of food stalls. There will be a bar selling Yorkshire Beer.

For the children there will be face painting, circus skill workshops and punch and judy.

There will be an area with free jukeboxes.

So come on, constructive comments and help please and BOOK, BOOK, BOOK!!!

November 23rd, 2011, 5:48 pm
Field Plougher

samfieldhouse wrote:

Quote:

Yeah I'm coming. God save the queen on.

November 23rd, 2011, 7:23 pm
Agony Aunt - You have a car problem? Speak to Ken

Which version?
Surely not... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtUH2YSFlVU :o

ken

Little Louis wrote:
Yeah I'm coming. God save the queen on.

November 23rd, 2011, 8:03 pm
Field Plougher

You got it ken! ;) :D

November 23rd, 2011, 10:04 pm
2CV Fan

samfieldhouse wrote:
... So effectively 8 people can attend for £140 = £17.50 each - suddenly not so bad for 5 nights camping ;)
As long as you're family it's actually quite cheap. The more brothers/sisters/parents you have driving the cars you arrive in, the cheaper it gets.

Yeah, that's my problem with it. Being from a family of one, trying to run a car and home on an ever-deflating single disposable income, I get stiffed for the full £70 (and rising), while others could effectively pay as little as £17.50 each (OK, I know you cite an extreme scenario).

Since the ents programme wasn't published when the rate was only £50 (and it was pre-Salbris), I wasn't tempted to book. Now I know The Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain are confirmed for the Sunday night, I'm much more tempted to go and bolster the A-Series posse, but the pricing policy still sticks in my craw. :|

The ents programme does sound good, and I have no doubt that if the A-Series mob turns out it cannot fail to be a blinder of an event. If I'm not there to join you, I'm sure I'll regret it in hindsight...

November 24th, 2011, 4:18 am

I have been asked to get some of the 2CV crowd together to arrive on the Tuesday to help with setting up which will include setting up the 2CVGB party tents.

This would then give you six nights for the same price, it may even be poss to stay for a week and help dismantle too.

If anyone is interested in helping please let me know, it will be on a first come first served basis.

November 24th, 2011, 9:31 am
Firing on two.

violetlobster wrote:
samfieldhouse wrote:
... So effectively 8 people can attend for £140 = £17.50 each - suddenly not so bad for 5 nights camping ;)

Yeah, that's my problem with it. Being from a family of one, trying to run a car and home on an ever-deflating single disposable income, I get stiffed for the full £70 (and rising), while others could effectively pay as little as £17.50 each (OK, I know you cite an extreme scenario).

Anna, there is a solution to this, and in the ling run it'll save us both money.

http://www.wedonweb.net/

November 24th, 2011, 9:57 am
Reply to topic   [ 44 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next