View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently March 28th, 2024, 10:52 pm

Reply to topic  [ 199 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
 Spain 2013 
Firing on 1-2 Spark

Post Re: Spain 2013
Tom Duckpower wrote:
the box was crunching when changing gears en changing was really hard to do.....

Did you check your gearbox oil level???

I checked mine in Alcaniz, could top up with 1/2 a liter of gearbox-oil, however I left with 1 liter of fresh gearbox oil in it at home.........

Long distance traveling at high speed and in Spanish heat (45 degrees Celcius), will make your gearbox oil vanish....

My Ami made it back home 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) , it used 5 liters of motoroil, 1/2 a liter of gearbox oil and a alternator belt......

Russ

August 10th, 2013, 10:36 pm
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

Oil could be the issue.. Will check it with the garage that the ami is dropped off...
Didn't smell any gearbox oil, if it disappeared somewhere I think I should have smelled it..

August 10th, 2013, 10:42 pm
Profile WWW
Firing on 1-2 Spark

We smelled all sorts of fluids, motor oil, gearbox oil and especially our own sweat, damned what was it hot over there ... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tom Duckpower wrote:
Oil could be the issue.. Will check it with the garage that the ami is dropped off...
Didn't smell any gearbox oil, if it disappeared somewhere I think I should have smelled it..

Russ

Last edited by lpgo on August 10th, 2013, 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

August 10th, 2013, 10:51 pm
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

Tom Duckpower wrote:
it was hot.. bloody hot, even in the shade..

Tuesday drove to the citroen dealer (to collect our stuff and proceed our holiday), in which none of the employees spoke one word english..

welcome to spain mate ! the level of english here is terrible...although to enter university now you have to be able to speak it. annoying but keeps my wife busy as shes an english teacher :D eventually spain will catch up with northern europe...and the heat...well after the first bought of non stop sweat you start to get used to it ;)

hope all goes well with the delivery

August 10th, 2013, 10:52 pm
Firing on 1-2 Spark

Does anybody know more cars/people which didn't make it (I mean sick people not dead :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: )...... I've heard some cars making terrible noises at the meeting, couldn't believe they would make it back home...... including my own car, luckely for me it was only the alternator-belt rubbing and scratching the cooling body, the belt was about 1 1/2 inch longer then an new one when I replaced it!!!!

I've heard also about many people of being sick.......

Hope everyone and every car will be allright in the end......

Russ

August 10th, 2013, 11:01 pm
Profile WWW
Agony Aunt - You have a car problem? Speak to Ken

lpgo,
I think that alternator belt was all used up before you set off for Spain. :lol:

lpgo wrote:
My Ami made it back home 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) , it used 5 liters of motoroil, 1/2 a liter of gearbox oil and a alternator belt......

August 10th, 2013, 11:32 pm
Firing on 1-2 Spark

No, checked it before leaving, looked like new before leaving (however had 2 spares with me just in case) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Russ

August 10th, 2013, 11:37 pm
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

lpgo wrote:
No, checked it before leaving, looked like new before leaving (however had 2 spares with me just in case) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Familiar story with a car that's been laid up for a while, rust on the pulleys wears the belt very quickly. But only age causes that many cracks.

August 11th, 2013, 1:50 am
Firing on two.

lpgo wrote:
Does anybody know more cars/people which didn't make it (I mean sick people not dead :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: )...... I've heard some cars making terrible noises at the meeting, couldn't believe they would make it back home...... including my own car, luckely for me it was only the alternator-belt rubbing and scratching the cooling body, the belt was about 1 1/2 inch longer then an new one when I replaced it!!!!

I've heard also about many people of being sick.......

Hope everyone and every car will be allright in the end......

The only technical problem Starship Frunobulax of Thesius had was located between the seat and the steeringwheel. I left my tankcap on the roof after pumping fuel. The tankcap was easily replaced, my keys that were connected to the cap, well, that was another story. Luckely I had a spare housekey in my wallet. Allmost all other keys I had spares for in my home. The only thing that happened happened when I discovered the missing of my keys at the next tankstop. I had a very loud conversation with a higher being. As an atheist I don't think this being exists so there's probably no problem there... ;-)

Don't hit me with them negative waves so early in the morning!

August 11th, 2013, 9:45 am
Firing on 1-2 Spark

Captain Krimson wrote:
I don't think this being exists so there's probably no problem there... ;-)

So why had you this "conversation" with the higher being anyway then :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

@ Joolz

Car is a barnfind, stood still for over 25 years, did nothing technical to it, just the things to get an MOT (brakes and lots of welding) made a testdrive for about 350km and decided to go with it. Checked the belt for cracks/wear before leaving but then it really looked allright

Same with all the engine seals, they looked allright (no leakage at home)before leaving and now after 4000km they are all gone too....

Russ

August 11th, 2013, 10:14 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 199 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next