View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 27th, 2024, 8:35 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 SCUM !!! 
Firing on two.

Post SCUM !!!
OK as an attempt to get things in the right place, there is something called the SCUM camp. I understand it to be called that because it stands for Southern Citroen Utility Movement. (but I may be wrong)

I have never been to it before, I dont know much about it.

My understanding (and please do correct me if I am wrong) is that it is run by a guy called Andy Briggs. I dont know if he is on here or not. I do have his email address and phone number, and met him a few times.....a jolly decent chap.....but would rather not put his contact details up as it doesnt seem right. If you PM me I will pass stuff on having cleared it with him.

However this is basically a camp in Kent from 23rd - 26th June. Its mainly Citroen based, but not compulsory. Its in a big field, a few convoys and I think a trip to a local steam rally. It is not anythng to do with any club or group, just a private thing that has gone on for many years. There is musical mayhem in the evenings with silly instruments (serpents and ukelalies pluss other daft stuff). It is likely that I and Mrs Squeeze will be there on the Saturday and try and get a few of you Morris dancing...sticks will be provided !...

But by all accounts its a rather fun thing.....thats all I know...!!

June 2nd, 2011, 3:08 pm
Firing on two.

Post Re: SCUM !!!
Have pm'ed Andy on the other forum. Waiting for response.

It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune must be in want of a d'olly.

June 2nd, 2011, 3:12 pm
Firing on two.

Response from Andy.

"Hi John - yes indeed - brief details are in the mag and the calendar on here. Thu 23rd to Sun 26th, Grove Road, Preston, nr Canterbury, Kent CT3 1EE.

Basic camping facilities (portaloos and a tap) but a beautiful site and always a laid back and fun atmosphere. Communal barbecue and musical mayhem on the Saturday evening. Preston Steam Rally going on the other end of the village. Various places of interest nearby."

Oh, and it's official name is The Kentish Hoppers Camp.

It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune must be in want of a d'olly.

June 2nd, 2011, 5:51 pm
Firing on two.

SCUM is the acronym for 'societé citroen utility moteur', or citroen commercial vehicle club. (ish) Andy and his local chums also have the 'Society for Citroen Ami Berline and Breaks', or scabbs, for short...

June 2nd, 2011, 11:14 pm

Squeezebox wrote:
But by all accounts its a rather fun thing.....thats all I know...!!

Indeed, another cracking weekend organised by Andy and the gang, with some nice cars in attendance.

More pics here:

http://s241.photobucket.com/albums/ff30 ... 2cv%202011/

Mr-Tim

June 27th, 2011, 11:25 pm
Firing on two.

Sorry we didnt make it....intended too but no running 2CV and other hassles got in the way.

June 28th, 2011, 4:24 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]