View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 28th, 2024, 5:21 pm

Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 2CVGB Registers Day 1st - 3rd July 2011 
Firing on two.

Post 2CVGB Registers Day 1st - 3rd July 2011
Hi All

Well its nearly that's time of year again and this year we are celebrating the 50th Birthday of the Ami with an Ami gathering and Birthday on the Saturday. We are also hoping to have some other visitors also celebrating a 50th Birthday ie. Renault 4's and the Renault club are going to pop along too as are the G Section from the CCC.

If you have a 2CV or Citroen A series come and join us at Burleigh Hill Farm in St Ives Cambridgeshire.

Burleigh Hill Farm
Somersham Road (B1040)
St Ives
Cambridgeshire
PE27 3LY

Registers Day what’s that?
Many people who are new to the club have asked me what registers day is all about and over the years it has grown from a one day event to a weekend with camping available to those who want it.

...So what is it about? Well this event is all about the A series, with a chance for 2CVGB members to meet up, meet their section’s registrar’s, see the register displays, meet other owners, technical gurus, purchase those much needed spares. Also if you want you can vote for your favourite cars in each register, with a trophy awarded to the favourite car in each register.

Also if you require advice from your registrar regarding technical help or if you require insurance valuations or dating certificates, then Registers day is an ideal opportunity for the club officers to inspect your vehicle. Please note however that time is limited so please can you give me notice prior to the event if you require a vehicle inspection and we can organise accordingly.

Since this year is the 50th Anniversary of the launch of the Ami we hope to celebrate the Ami’s 50th Birthday in style and we should be also joined by the G Section from the Citroën Car Club.

We also hope to have a bar onsite and food available and in the spirit of registers day the evening entertainment is down to you.

Whatacosta?
Doors will be open from Midday Friday and in an inflation busting move we are trying to keep the entry costs to the same as last year. The amount you pay is dependant on when you arrive. The prices below are shown for 2CVGB members as this a member event and there is an additional £5 per person surcharge for non members.

If you are not a member and you’d like to join 2CVGB, we have exciting new options for you…

•Join on the gate at a discount price of £25 and pay 2CVGB membership entry prices as shown below.
•If you pay the £5 surcharge on the price shown below per person, you will be issued with a temporary membership card valid for 1 month. If you then join 2CVGB fix the temporary membership card to your membership application form and we’ll take this off the price of a year’s membership i.e. £27.50 - £5 Discount = £22.50! Bargain and everyone’s a winner.

Friday Arrivals:
£15 (non members £20) per adult camping, including entry to Registers Day.
Saturday Arrivals:
£10 (Non members £15) per adult camping including entry to Registers Day.
Sunday Arrivals
£5 (No members £10) per adult camping including entry to Registers Day.

Traders:
No price for a pitch but same camping charges apply, however we do ask for a 2CV/ Citroen related Raffle prize donation. Make yourselves known at the gate and you’ll be shown which areas of the event field are available for your pitch.

Children:
For the purpose of this event kids can come free. Children are defined as being human and under the age of 18.

Dogs:
There are no charges if you wish to bring your canine buddy, the site is dog friendly but please keep them on a lead at all times.

Please note that we can only accept cash or cheques on the gate!

Volunteers needed

It takes a great deal of effort to organise events such as these so we are asking for volunteers for gate duty. If you are able to give the club a couple of hours of your time to man the gate please contact me at matt_the_baron@yahoo.co.uk and we can put you on the list and advise what time slots are available.

Ok all that remains for me to say is don’t forget to come and we’ll see you there.

Luv Matt

May 23rd, 2011, 1:24 pm
Firing on two.

Post Re: 2CVGB Registers Day 1st - 3rd July 2011
This was superb last year - the venue is fantastic. Farmer provided us with a filed for hooning/racing/potato canons/high jinx last year.

It's very much 'bring your own' entertainment, excellent fun. There's a nice barn which somebody with a stereo usually parks in and gets a party going.

I'm happy to do a stint on the gate if you want Matt?

In return of course for your assured vote in the van category fo UWD 884G ;)

May 25th, 2011, 2:03 pm
Aircooled Idiot

may go may not, a long way to drive for me so ill have a think, depends on work etc

1988 2cv 652cc
1993 Toyota Hilux Surf 3000cc runs on Bio Diesel
2004 Toyota Landcruiser Amazon 4200cc runs on Bio Diesel
1998 Daihatsu Hijet 1300cc
2005 Susuki Bandit 650cc

May 30th, 2011, 12:31 am
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

Jameswallace wrote:
may go may not, a long way to drive for me so ill have a think, depends on work etc

Do you live in the other Chichester that's clearly an awful lot further away than me? ;)

Convoy with me. Reg days is awesome.

May 30th, 2011, 5:47 pm
Firing on two.

looking forward to this! :D

May 31st, 2011, 11:47 am
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

Justint wrote:
looking forward to this! :D

Be nice to meet you finally!

May 31st, 2011, 7:01 pm
Firing on two.

Yeah I'm lookin forward to this now. My first reg day. Infact, it'll be my first proper big drive. :)

May 31st, 2011, 10:29 pm
Firing on two.

A much larger signpost at the farm gate would aid newbies. I drove past last year. The sign was itsy bitsy.

It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune must be in want of a d'olly.

May 31st, 2011, 11:29 pm
Firing on two.

Sounds like fun. Might have to try to get there...

vote YELLOW PERIL!

June 1st, 2011, 11:38 am
Aircooled Idiot

im more than likely going to go this year
not camping though
which day would be best to go up?
was thinking of leaving sunday morning v early and getting back sunday v late
festival of speed is this weekend also so i have to choose between the too

1988 2cv 652cc
1993 Toyota Hilux Surf 3000cc runs on Bio Diesel
2004 Toyota Landcruiser Amazon 4200cc runs on Bio Diesel