View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 29th, 2024, 7:23 am

Reply to topic  [ 172 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
 2CVGB International 
2CV Fan

Post Re: 2CVGB International
Agree with you about charging traders, Tarks: we didn't at Chilham, and got some stonking raffle prizes - it's a bit much to hope for two bites at the cherry. In fact, I don't think any organisers charged for trade stands until comparatively recently.

We certainly never did for Registers Day - of which we organised ten - feeling that the extra dimension that the trade brought to the event was very valuable, and it wasn't like it cost anything to have them there.

Whether the revenue generated by enhanced raffle ticket sales was as great as what can be made by charging a fee is a moot point, of course...

September 5th, 2010, 5:24 pm
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

Yes and no, I'm part of a family membership.

September 5th, 2010, 6:52 pm
2CV Fan

My veiw is no traders=no cars =no club . They have to invest some big bucks to set up stock ect and pay staff wages . If its a big money issue just increase entry by a quid per car. We all need each other to survive.

September 5th, 2010, 10:20 pm
Firing on two.

supachip wrote:
My veiw is no traders=no cars =no club . They have to invest some big bucks to set up stock ect and pay staff wages . If its a big money issue just increase entry by a quid per car. We all need each other to survive.

Its called supply and demand. Car needs parts = demand. \someone sets up business to supply / manufacture said part at a profit = supply.

When did we suddenly start feeling sympathy for all these 'poor' suppliers. They are the ones making the profits by being at our meetings, ok they are supplying a service for which we are paying. Ask yourself why does ECAS have a large marquee at our big meetings - because they are making a profit and theres nothing wrong with that so why not charge them for the privledge?

tarquin slough2cv wrote:
how can you take money from traders when they are working when the rest of us (including the organisers) are there to party enjoy ourseleves etc. its bad enough that they are there to work let alone pay to be there.

Easily is the answer, if you deliver the punters to buy what they have for sale. As to partying I think you will find the do plenty of that with the rest of us during the evenings. e.g. you may of seen Roy Eastwood do a mean table wrestle on Sunday night!

September 6th, 2010, 12:08 am
Firing on two.

rebel2cv wrote:
Think yourself lucky, I worked 6-3 Saturday then packed the car and drove 5 1/2 hours arrived at about half 11. by the time I set the tent up in the dark I needed my bed so I only got one full day, that didn't bother me but £60 was a bit steep! Maybe I should sleep in the car in a lay-by and only pay one day?!

This was by far my biggest issue with this years national.

Of a 4 night event, the girlfriend and I could only make 2 nights. We arrived about 8pm Saturday night. The man/woman on the front gate was really rude to us because they couldn't find our pre registration form. So we waited around in the cold until thankfully coops came and got things sorted.

£60 for 2 people for 2 nights is ridiculous. I pre booked the world meeting for FOUR people for 5 highs for the same price.

Sadly that kinda left a bad feeling hanging over us, added to by the gate people then refusing to let my girlfriends parents onto the site on Sunday (bringing clean towels) unless they paid £40. (there were 2 adults and 2 kids in the car)

However as always the people were fantastic and the table wrestling was ACE - coming in joint third with Harry in the drag race was also a highlight :lol:

It was a shame we couldn't take our own drinks into the venue which meant faffing with empty glasses outside

however the breakfasts were great which kinda balanced it out.

For me, the the fun and games and social evenings saved the weekend. It was also great to see the proliferation of i2F hoodies.

September 6th, 2010, 12:40 am
Firing on two.

For me, the the fun and games and social evenings saved the weekend. It was also great to see the proliferation of i2F hoodies.[/quote]

That reminds me, I want a hoodie, admin, who do I speak to?

September 6th, 2010, 5:11 pm
super slot

rebel2cv wrote:
That reminds me, I want a hoodie, admin, who do I speak to?

Drop young Max a PM! ;)

September 6th, 2010, 5:21 pm
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

By 8pm on the Saturday whoever was on the gate had more than likely been there since Tuesday, had bugger all sleep, put up with bad weather and been moaned at rather a lot by people.

September 6th, 2010, 8:47 pm
Firing on two.

Rumble602 wrote:
By 8pm on the Saturday whoever was on the gate had more than likely been there since Tuesday, had bugger all sleep, put up with bad weather and been moaned at rather a lot by people.

and was a volunteer

No offence is implied or intended with any of my posts. I love you all, well most of you anyway.

September 6th, 2010, 9:58 pm
Goat lover

samfieldhouse wrote:
rebel2cv wrote:
Think yourself lucky, I worked 6-3 Saturday then packed the car and drove 5 1/2 hours arrived at about half 11. by the time I set the tent up in the dark I needed my bed so I only got one full day, that didn't bother me but £60 was a bit steep! Maybe I should sleep in the car in a lay-by and only pay one day?!

This was by far my biggest issue with this years national.

Of a 4 night event, the girlfriend and I could only make 2 nights. We arrived about 8pm Saturday night. The man/woman on the front gate was really rude to us because they couldn't find our pre registration form. So we waited around in the cold until thankfully coops came and got things sorted.

£60 for 2 people for 2 nights is ridiculous. I pre booked the world meeting for FOUR people for 5 highs for the same price.

Sadly that kinda left a bad feeling hanging over us, added to by the gate people then refusing to let my girlfriends parents onto the site on Sunday (bringing clean towels) unless they paid £40. (there were 2 adults and 2 kids in the car)

However as always the people were fantastic and the table wrestling was ACE - coming in joint third with Harry in the drag race was also a highlight :lol:

It was a shame we couldn't take our own drinks into the venue which meant faffing with empty glasses outside

however the breakfasts were great which kinda balanced it out.

For me, the the fun and games and social evenings saved the weekend. It was also great to see the proliferation of i2F hoodies.

Sam, this event was pretty close to your neck of the woods. Where were you when Coops and Carol were looking for volunteers to help organise the event last autumn? A whole lot of the 'team' came down from Derbyshire etc, and managed to attend meetings near Winchester to get the event up and running for YOU and over 500 other A-series folk.

Stop your grousing and offer a grateful hand to whoever (if anyone) comes forward for 2011, so that those of us whove been involved in the last two (Inter)Nationals and Registers can actually relax at the event, rather than be zombies, on the go for hours at a time, taking all sorts of crap from people who ought to know better.

If no one does volunteer to take on the (Inter)National, I can really see 2010 being the last of the line, as 2012 has the ICCCR, and therefore 2013 is 'just so far away'. :( I don't want this to happen, do you?

Here endeth the lesson. :twisted:

Bx

September 6th, 2010, 10:44 pm
Reply to topic   [ 172 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next