View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently March 29th, 2024, 9:41 am

Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Knebworth 1992 
Firing on two.

Post Re: Knebworth 1992
:geek:

January 29th, 2010, 8:45 pm
Firing on two.

Holy Crap, nostalgic. I joined the club back in 1994 so i didnt get to knebworth (by that time my parents had stopped 2CV'ing about 5 years previously, quitters)
but its surprising how many cars and faces there i recognise, one thing that strikes me, its more like the Euro events these days with fun colourful or tatty cars all in evidence. Unlike a lot of the more recent UK events where it all seems to be about classic shiny cars in the main (which to me is a shame)

Long live the FUN in 2CV.

January 29th, 2010, 9:34 pm
2CV Fan

ah Knebworth, went with my friend in his blue 2cv club, we were with another blue 2cv and under the next tree was that furry freak bros dyane. my mate an i thought each other knew what to buy for our weekend, and lo and behold, once arrived, actually had nothing but a pen knife, some ketchup and loads of burgers, but no bread rolls, burger buns, plates or anything else. so ensued a weekend diet of meat and beer. the andyspares crew topped us up on meat when we ran out! we remembered the mud and our friends white 2cv special with the absurdly loud stereo, which actually was louder than the marquee p.a.

an idea resulting from this muddy weekend in an ancient tent would be to hire our own marquee so we wouldnt need tents, we could sleep next to our own cars and have our own music, as we were highly unimpressed by another bout of hi ho silver lining and other lame music in the official marquee.

October 15th, 2012, 7:56 pm
Reply to topic   [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4