View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 28th, 2024, 3:52 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1427 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141 ... 143  Next
 My old Blue Bamboo 
Aircooled Idiot

Post Re: My old Blue Bamboo
Old-Nail wrote:
You think so? The high bidder was from Australia and he's just been outbid by a German. I despair of people I really do.

next thing he will do is win, then ask if you can ship it, i hate people who do that, they are from planet mars and win it and then decide to ask if you can ship it
retards

1988 2cv 652cc
1993 Toyota Hilux Surf 3000cc runs on Bio Diesel
2004 Toyota Landcruiser Amazon 4200cc runs on Bio Diesel
1998 Daihatsu Hijet 1300cc
2005 Susuki Bandit 650cc

March 11th, 2011, 3:35 pm
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

:oops: Shouldn't have laughed...

Why would anyone from Europe want a RHD 2CV? Jeepers.

How quickly can you remove - and block any further - bids as they happen?

Presumably you can contact these overseas bidders and see if there's legitimate thinking behind it?

(My Marlin was bought by a Dutchman - completely painless sale, paid immediately by bank transfer and he collected with a transporter a week later. So it can work.)

March 11th, 2011, 5:01 pm
Firing on two.

Aren't RHD 2cvs sought after over there? Weird I know... LHD is so much more natural.

March 11th, 2011, 5:15 pm
Firing on two.

Can't see the issue of a RHD 2CV being sought after by a continental. How many 2CVers in the UK have a LHD model and happily drive it? Quite a few. In fact, I'd like a proper French LHD one, myself (A c1957 AZL to be precise):lol:

March 11th, 2011, 6:10 pm
Firing on two.

The only reason I know of for peeps driving the 'wrong' handed car is - purchase cost.

Ok, there will always be a few who will feel it carries extra cachet, especially with cars which are strongly identified with a particular country (like the 2CV is...), but - jeepers - they are a pita to drive.

But they do look extra cool... 8-)

But are silly. :P

March 11th, 2011, 6:42 pm
Firing on two.

If it was a original Slough 2CV I would understand that people from the continent wanted a 2CV RHD,
But "Just an ordinary "2CV ..... Nah.

Ez a türelem kérdése.........

March 11th, 2011, 8:25 pm
Firing on two.

You’d think it would be simple wouldn’t you?

“Here’s a nice car for sale. If you would like it and have the money then the price is xxx - come and get it”

But it’s not that way when selling on ebay is it? Your sale is treated as a game, or as entertainment for those long hours when there’s nothing on TV. Some folks want to befriend you and ask you lots of silly questions, others just say ‘What’s up Roy’ when they’ve no intention of bidding.

It’s fair to say that in life I’ve met my share of nutters. I seem to attract them like iron filings.
No sooner have I arrived at some new place, be it on holiday, on a day out, or perhaps in some bar I’ve never set foot in before - I’ll get ‘em. Nut-jobs seem to gravitate in my direction, even my Mrs has remarked on it!

However, you would think that ebay would provide a limited amount of interest to such crackpots. Five minutes of clicking should be enough to see them back out dancing nude by moonlight worshipping an acanthus tree, or wondering how deep the ocean would be without sponges.

Trouble is, that’s not happening. I’ve come to the conclusion that God must love stupid people – since he made so many. I trusted that artificial intelligence would beat real stupidity every time, but alas it seems nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently determined fool. E-bay’s software has allowed further shenanigans. So it is that I have now had an Australian retake the bidding from a German. Neither of whom were eligible to bid, and both bids have had to be cancelled. How does that look to the genuinely interested parties? It looks bloody odd that's what.

What is it with people? How I wonder, does an Aussie expect to collect and pay for the car within a few days as stipulated in the ad? Or even the German for that matter? Perhaps they don’t read the advert properly like the woman that called me Roy, but when I email them to point this out they bid again! This auction is turning out to be a social experiment, a real-time example of everything that’s wrong with modern society.

Remember what you’ve witnessed so far. Dodgy accountants, nosey parkers, and complete fuc*ing idiots from across the sea and social strata - you couldn’t make it up. It thus confirms what I’ve always thought – that there’s a lot of strange folk out there. Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups -They’re the reason our politicians get away with so much.

Me? I’m simmering like a pan, my lids rattling, steam is beginning to escape through my fuc*in’ ears. Time for a Jack Daniels...

March 11th, 2011, 9:04 pm
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

Your listing does say 'will post worldwide' although you have now qualified that.

Perhaps they think you have enormous jiffy bags available and a strong postman. :D

It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune must be in want of a d'olly.

Last edited by knightley on March 11th, 2011, 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

March 11th, 2011, 9:13 pm
Firing on two.

Old-Nail wrote:
You’d think it would be simple wouldn’t you?

“Here’s a nice car for sale. If you would like it and have the money then the price is xxx - come and get it”

But it’s not that way when selling on ebay is it? Your sale is treated as a game, or as entertainment for those long hours when there’s nothing on TV. Some folks want to befriend you and ask you lots of silly questions, others just say ‘What’s up Roy’ when they’ve no intention of bidding.

It’s fair to say that in life I’ve met my share of nutters. I seem to attract them like iron filings.
No sooner have I arrived at some new place, be it on holiday, on a day out, or perhaps in some bar I’ve never set foot in before - I’ll get ‘em. Nut-jobs seem to gravitate in my direction, even my Mrs has remarked on it!

However, you would think that ebay would provide a limited amount of interest to such crackpots. Five minutes of clicking should be enough to see them back out dancing nude by moonlight worshipping an acanthus tree, or wondering how deep the ocean would be without sponges.

Trouble is, that’s not happening. I’ve come to the conclusion that God must love stupid people – since he made so many. I trusted that artificial intelligence would beat real stupidity every time, but alas it seems nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently determined fool. E-bay’s software has allowed further shenanigans. So it is that I have now had an Australian retake the bidding from a German. Neither of whom were eligible to bid, and both bids have had to be cancelled. How does that look to the genuinely interested parties? It looks bloody odd that's what.

What is it with people? How I wonder, does an Aussie expect to collect and pay for the car within a few days as stipulated in the ad? Or even the German for that matter? Perhaps they don’t read the advert properly like the woman that called me Roy, but when I email them to point this out they bid again! This auction is turning out to be a social experiment, a real-time example of everything that’s wrong with modern society.

Remember what you’ve witnessed so far. Dodgy accountants, nosey parkers, and complete fuc*ing idiots from across the sea and social strata - you couldn’t make it up. It thus confirms what I’ve always thought – that there’s a lot of strange folk out there. Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups -They’re the reason our politicians get away with so much.

Me? I’m simmering like a pan, my lids rattling, steam is beginning to escape through my fuc*in’ ears. Time for a Jack Daniels...

Paying for it from a distance isn't hard. I sold a 2CV van abroad. The guy transferred the money, paid me to put it on a trailer and take it to Southampton and paid to get its loose bits and pieces delivered to his door separately by DHL. The first time he ever saw it was when he picked it up from the port.

And he was happy, it exceeded his expectation and in his words "the description was perfect". What more can you want?

Equally I've bought cars from both German and French Ebay, it isn't rocket science to take a car and trailer over and pick it up.

March 11th, 2011, 9:14 pm
Firing on two.

Did you contact these two bidders first, O-N? It's possible they may have had a legitimate plan - perhaps a relative living here who could store it for them? Or perhaps the Aussie is even moving here and wants a *cough* classy car for when he arrives...

What motive can they have for false-bidding across the ocean? What kind of feedback do they have?

March 11th, 2011, 9:41 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1427 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141 ... 143  Next