View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 27th, 2024, 9:43 am

Reply to topic  [ 1427 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 143  Next
 My old Blue Bamboo 
Firing on two.

Post Re: My old Blue Bamboo
Recent events over at the other place may mean that I'll be finishing the resto blog on this car elsewhere. It'll just take a day or so to set up a dedicated blog for it and then I'll post a link here for further updates for those interested.

How nice it'll be to be the moderator for a change :lol:

October 17th, 2009, 1:25 pm
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

Ok Guys 'n gals, I've set up a new blog site where I'll continue logging the progress of the 'BlueBamboo' .

The first post is a quick run through detailing how I got to where we're up to now for those that aren't yet familiar with the thread that I originally started on the 2cvGb website some months ago, .

What I propose to do, is post here what will be a brief outline of progress from time to time, and for those interested in the unabridged version there will be a link to the new post on the blog itself.
All comments/help/tips or advice are welcome, but due to my experience of the nature of some of the folk that sadly exist amongst us, comment moderation will be in force.

The domain name I chose was supposed to be old-nails2cvblog, but having fingers like thumbs, and the 'D' being next to the 'S' on my keypad, it actually ended up being http://olsnails2cv.blogspot.com/ :lol:

Ol' snails huh? Well, that still kind of fits lol.

October 19th, 2009, 2:41 pm
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

Latest update posted here folks!
http://olsnails2cv.blogspot.com/2009/10/wiring-woes.html

Can Old-Nail manage the wiring? Are wrinkles the new smooth? Do lazy men rebuild motor cars? It's all there guys...go on...you know you want to! ;)

October 20th, 2009, 2:08 pm
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

Old-Nail wrote:
Latest update posted here folks!
http://olsnails2cv.blogspot.com/2009/10/wiring-woes.html

Can Old-Nail manage the wiring? Are wrinkles the new smooth? Do lazy men rebuild motor cars? It's all there guys...go on...you know you want to! ;)

Just get on with it man!! It's only electric string after all :?

October 20th, 2009, 4:25 pm
Firing on two.

Darn it bertie you've gone and made it sound easy now, and I'm running out of excuses not too... :D

October 20th, 2009, 4:59 pm
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

The car looks SOOOOO good already. i think once you start the wiring it wont seem so bad. like bertie said, get on with it!
you wont even see those wrinkles when the roof is on. i wouldnt worry about them!

joe.

October 20th, 2009, 7:35 pm
Firing on two.

Joe Ahvee wrote:
you wont even see those wrinkles when the roof is on. i wouldnt worry about them!
joe.

Joe, I might try that line on my Mrs. ;)
Ok - now that you two have ganged up on me I guess I'll have to go attach some wires here an' there over the next few days to see what happens.

When I wire up any domestic stuff like lights or anything Mrs Nail always insists that I be the first one to turn it on, this indicates the level of confidence she has in my wiring abilities.
Why is it that when we turn on an electrical appliance that might be dodgy we do it really quickly? Like our 'fast hand moves' quicker than the electricity! :lol:

btw Joe would you give Sublimaze that new blog address, I forgot him.

October 20th, 2009, 8:46 pm
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

The most major restoration I've done was my Bug. I dreaded putting the wiring loom back in from the moment I realised that the labels I'd used were no longer legible.(Sound familiar?)
When I actually got down to it I found it about the most satisfying part of the whole resto. Just take your time and think about it. If you're unsure of any connection then sit back and try and decipher a wiring diagram, or come on here and ask questions.
Just keep plenty of spare fuses handy.

October 20th, 2009, 8:57 pm
Firing on two.

Old-Nail wrote:
Joe Ahvee wrote:
Ok - now that you two have ganged up on me I guess I'll have to go attach some wires here an' there over the next few days to see what happens.

You know that if I was closer I'd do it for you

October 21st, 2009, 9:28 am
Firing on two.

Course I do mate... and I'd let you lol.
No, only joking, a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do I guess, just watch this space.

October 21st, 2009, 10:16 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 1427 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 143  Next