View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently March 28th, 2024, 12:45 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1427 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143  Next
 My old Blue Bamboo 
Firing on two.

Post Re: My old Blue Bamboo
If it does happen then I'll keep it, or offer it to the next one down. I've got a bitch of a headache at the moment which is unusual as I hardly ever get headaches. If I add raised blood pressure to that I might go pop.

I'll tell you what I do know. remember the guy that wanted to swap me a Subaru WRX for the 2cv? Well it turns out that he's just listed a 2cv Charleston on there today for...get this £7,995. I got a little stroppy with 602 earlier when he mentioned selling cars for prices that raise the perceived values of 2cvs in general, but we're not the culprits, newly sprung up dealers are.

I or 602 have at least put many hours of hard work and our time into our cars. I didn't do it for the money, but this Charleston guy hasn't done a damned thing to his other than to profiteer. That's the type of sale that is causing the bubble. Check it out, it's a burgundy Charleston. He say's he's a 2cv-er in the ad, maybe someone knows him? Or maybe it's bullshit.

March 13th, 2011, 8:30 pm
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

Good price- £5421-Hope you have a genuine buyer.

It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune must be in want of a d'olly.

March 13th, 2011, 10:04 pm
Firing on two.

I've just looked, I hope so too. Funny enough if he turns out a dud then ironically that fella from Australia really wanted it, so I'll offer it to him and I'll even knock the money off it to cover the shipping. I liked the idea of the old Bluebamboo retiring to Oz.

I probably mentioned this but I can't remember if I did. That's because I have a memory problem that I'm treating -with Jack Daniels. Anyway, I was in Tesco car park sat in the 2cv one day while the Mrs went inside. A couple in their mid 30's drove very slowly past the front of the car, they stopped, before both turning my way and waving at me like I must be simple. I wouldn't care but they were in an S registered Peugot worth around £500, yet considered me stupid for owning a 2cv. :?

There's very little chance anyone like that will be reading a forum such as this, but in the million to one off chance that they are I'd just like to say: £5421 - you fuc*ers, who's waving now! :P

March 13th, 2011, 10:41 pm
Profile WWW
Agony Aunt - You have a car problem? Speak to Ken

Ha! :lol:
< http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkRIbUT6u7Q >

Old-Nail wrote:
£5421 - you fuc*ers, who's waving now! :P

March 13th, 2011, 11:03 pm
Firing on two.

This is more like it Ken. ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkaa-MKbwGM&feature=related

March 14th, 2011, 12:19 am
Profile WWW
Agony Aunt - You have a car problem? Speak to Ken

Maybe,
but that youngster doesn't look as though he's been through the mill. ;)

On the other hand...
< http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTxwxwOW3lA >

Old-Nail wrote:

March 14th, 2011, 2:00 am
Firing on two.

Looked at the ad for the burgundy charlie. When he says ".....the engine oil is like new" what point is he trying to make? That the oil has been in there since it left the "Citroen factory" or low mileage engines don't make dirty oil? Either way doesn't mean a lot of sense, or is it because it’s late at night I'm reading it wrong? Perhaps I imagined it, just noticed the red wine bottle is empty.

Rather ironic the prices now. I bought my first 2cv in 1975. I was the stereo-typical 2cv owner, left wing, vegetarian, school teacher, bought a 2cv because it was cheap as chips, a 'peoples' car' and it was another way of non conforming and giving 2 fingers to the establishment (the passion of youth) (also great for sabing the local hunts, back seat out 6 up across fields, ah memories) Now look at them fetching extortionate prices, even 100 quid for a decent tyre.
I live in Normandy now, and in my local town it’s not an uncommon site to see old gals driving an A series (usually) Dyanes, ( and 2 old boys who each have a the Merhari looking one,that begins with T can’t remember –late/wine) just to pop down to the shops. 2cv tyres are unobtainable from traditional suppliers here. Enthusiasts like me know where to get them . The locals only have their local garage that aren’t going to bother. The local Speedy, Kwik fits French arm, once told me that they are no longer available! I just wonder how much longer these A series will be running. No doubt there will be some unscrupulous b*****d who will be knocking on doors “I’ll take it off your hands luv for 100 Euros, now you can’t get the tyres” Then selling them on Ebay with clean engine oil! My rant over.
Night all.

March 14th, 2011, 2:13 am
Firing on two.

iirc the guy put in his ad that they were keen 2cv-ers. This, from a guy that offered me an Imprezza in exchange. Hmmm....well my brains tired now, I think Jack Daniels just kicked my ass again too. Night all.

March 14th, 2011, 2:29 am
Profile WWW
Aircooled Idiot

look at the oil filter its like new?
thats not the oil filter..
i remeber this charlie poped up last year and obviously didnt sell

this guy is clearly not a 2cv'er, why would you be a 2cv'er, import a 2cv claim it has low mileage (probably hasnt really driven it apart from off the boat) and then sell it?

going back to idiots on ebay
i was selling a signed portsmouth football club shirt, got an email from someone
"mate is it a replica shirt or an away"
my response
"an away
his response
"ahh i see 'cos in 2004 when dejan was playing.. such and such
do i give a flying fuck?
just buy the shirt for fucks sakes!!

1988 2cv 652cc
1993 Toyota Hilux Surf 3000cc runs on Bio Diesel
2004 Toyota Landcruiser Amazon 4200cc runs on Bio Diesel
1998 Daihatsu Hijet 1300cc
2005 Susuki Bandit 650cc

March 14th, 2011, 10:05 am
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

Jameswallace wrote:
look at the oil filter its like new?
thats not the oil filter..

No, he states its the oil FILLER which it is :?

still, its a tidy car

March 14th, 2011, 10:29 am
Reply to topic   [ 1427 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143  Next