View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 29th, 2024, 7:04 am

Reply to topic  [ 158 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
 My red one. 
Firing on two.

Post Re: My red one.
As you have sprayed the panels at different times,do the colours all match up?Its hard to see that in the pics.I intend to paint mine panel by panel (off the car) and then the car,but i was worried the colours would be slightly different,even though i will be using the same batcht of paint,What do you think? :?

October 7th, 2010, 9:11 pm
Profile WWW
Field Plougher

I think they will be different, as with mine, they are similar with the same paint batch but with it being red every slight difference in colour can be seen. Every panel on my car is a different shade of red :lol:

October 7th, 2010, 9:18 pm
Firing on two.

dave 411 wrote:
As you have sprayed the panels at different times,do the colours all match up?Its hard to see that in the pics.I intend to paint mine panel by panel (off the car) and then the car,but i was worried the colours would be slightly different,even though i will be using the same batcht of paint,What do you think? :?

If the prep is the same and the mix is the same how can they turn out different colours?
The only thing you might get is a slightly different shade, and that's usually because the paint hasn't been applied to the same depth as the other panels so is allowing the primer to influence it.

Use the same batch, stir it up well, and apply the same amount, and Robert is your mothers brother.

October 7th, 2010, 10:23 pm
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

Thanks old nail,that makes perfect sense :)
I am a new member and just wondered,is that you in your avatar :?:
Also,did you really paint the picture on your web site(or blog or what ever) :?:

October 8th, 2010, 8:14 am
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

No Dave the avatar is real and the painting fake...no wait...or is that the other way round ;)

October 8th, 2010, 8:25 am
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

dave 411 wrote:
Also,did you really paint the picture on your web site(or blog or what ever) :?:

Looks like Albert Finney in 'Saturday Night and Sunday Morning ' to me. :)

It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune must be in want of a d'olly.

October 8th, 2010, 3:02 pm
Firing on two.

knightley wrote:
dave 411 wrote:

I am like Albert Finney in Saturday night Sunday morning. :lol:

October 8th, 2010, 7:14 pm
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

Old-Nail wrote:
knightley wrote:
dave 411 wrote:

I am like Albert Finney in Saturday night Sunday morning. :lol:

Which Arthur Seaton quote do you live by, Old Nail? "I'm just out for a good time... all the rest is propaganda!", or "Don't let the bastards grind you down!". Both, maybe?!

October 8th, 2010, 7:59 pm
Firing on two.

When I was younger you wouldn't have known the difference between Arthur Seaton, myself, or a thousand others, in fact there have been times when I was more like Arthur Seaton than myself - we all were, and back then I hadn't even seen the film! :lol:

Arthur was a character Sillitoe observed from nature, up here in the 60's and 70's they were everywhere. The message film gives is that to get on in life you are expected to conform, knuckle down and take crap from your so called 'superiors', otherwise you will end up leading a very hard existence. It's true of course, unless you don't 'Let the Bastards grind you down.' ;)

October 8th, 2010, 8:31 pm
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

I love the last scene from that film. It's so simple yet complex: ambiguous, like life really. As I remember it, he and his girlfriend walk off towards a newly built housing estate... symbolising his "settling down", his emasculation(?) into a bland middle age... or is it a better future, free from nihilistic anger, the disatisfaction of shagging around (and getting duffed up), living in a nice house with a nice wife and a "future".

Just decided: I'm going to watch that film again tonight.

October 8th, 2010, 9:03 pm
Reply to topic   [ 158 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next