View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently March 29th, 2024, 2:34 am

Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 13  Next
 SCALLY RALLY AZU 
Firing on two.

Post Re: SCALLY RALLY AZU
Thanks o-n I might just take it to the local cop shop as it is and and see what they say.., though as I got home last night, I noticed I'd got a headlight out... Might be a sign... Anyway I'm at a wedding piss-up in Scunthorpe so it'll have to wait till I get home to it!!!

March 13th, 2011, 1:10 am
Firing on two.

Jonathan wrote:
Now Indian cars and very shortly, Chinese cars. :geek: :lol:

Umm, they'd be built in India or China, surely...?

If we're going to get all metaphysical about corporate headquarter locations, then there's not been a "British car", apart from a handful of ones-twosy manufacturers, since 1994...

(But there's been "Chinese cars" built here since MG restarted at Longbridge in 2007. Also, LTI (London Taxis) are Chinese-owned now.)

March 13th, 2011, 10:32 am
Profile YIM WWW
Firing on two.

toomany2cvs wrote:

Am I to understand your believe is that if a dog was born is a stable then it's a Horse?

March 13th, 2011, 11:43 am
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

Old-Nail wrote:
toomany2cvs wrote:

Am I to understand your believe is that if a dog was born is a stable then it's a Horse?

"He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty Shetland Pony..."

So a Slough 2cv is a "French car", is it?
A shiny new Range Rover or Jag is an Indian car?
Those Nissan Notes being punted out by the ton from Sunderland are all French - ooops, sorry - Japanese. No, wait. French. Umm...

March 13th, 2011, 11:47 am
Profile YIM WWW
Firing on two.

Not unless the Rover or Jag was designed and first manufactured in India no, but they weren't were they? Ahhh... I know your southern educated ways, you'll tell us poor Northerners owt, just because we stuffed you at football again yesterday.

I was in a bar on Saturday that was full of students, and the one next to me had a posh southern accent. To be friendly I said to him. "Hello mate, where are you from?"

He looked at me like I'd farted, and said "I come from a place where we don't end our sentences with prepositions" Oooooh I thought. Ok then, I'll rephrase that. "Where do you come from - Dickhead?" :P

I mean what was I supposed to say? "From whence do you hail?" Where would that be then - fuc*ing Camelot? I'm not bothered what you southerners say Peugeot's are French cars you can't kid us.

March 13th, 2011, 12:01 pm
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

Old-Nail wrote:
Not unless the Rover or Jag was designed and first manufactured in India no, but they weren't were they?

So the stable analogy's a bit daft, since horses didn't evolve in stables.

Quote:
I know your southern educated ways

Mother's family from Cumbria, Father's family from Lincolnshire, lived in Yorkshire until I was 10 then moved about 10 miles t'other side of the border... Yep, I'm a southerner... Or something.

Quote:
just because we stuffed you at football again yesterday.

At what?

March 13th, 2011, 12:05 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Firing on two.

Old-Nail wrote:
Not unless the Rover or Jag was designed and first manufactured in India no, but they weren't were they? Ahhh... I know your southern educated ways, you'll tell us poor Northerners owt, just because we stuffed you at football again yesterday.

I was in a bar on Saturday that was full of students, and the one next to me had a posh southern accent. To be friendly I said to him. "Hello mate, where are you from?"

He looked at me like I'd farted, and said "I come from a place where we don't end our sentences with prepositions" Oooooh I thought. Ok then, I'll rephrase that. "Where do you come from - Dickhead?" :P

I mean what was I supposed to say? "From whence do you hail?" Where would that be then - fuc*ing Camelot? I'm not bothered what you southerners say Peugeot's are French cars you can't kid us.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Old Nail,you do come out with somewicked funny stuff,luv it.
Long may it continue :lol: :lol: :lol:
(oh,whats a preposition ?)

March 13th, 2011, 12:32 pm
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

A preposition is a position before the next one.

March 13th, 2011, 12:43 pm
Firing on two.

Old-Nail wrote:

This still makes me laugh. he'es exactly like my friend Pat
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jY4tD2Hbg_A

March 13th, 2011, 1:15 pm
Firing on two.

toomany2cvs wrote:
So the stable analogy's a bit daft, since horses didn't evolve in stables.

Neither were they designed by man, of any nationality. ;) Edit: I was going to say 'conceived' by man then I though Urgh! I'm not saying that.

toomany2cvs wrote:
Mother's family from Cumbria, Father's family from Lincolnshire, lived in Yorkshire until I was 10 then moved about 10 miles t'other side of the border... Yep, I'm a southerner... Or something.

Yep. Those bailiffs can be a bastard to get rid of can't they? :P Anyway, save all that for 'This is your life' we're talking horses and stables.

Quote:
just because we stuffed you at football again yesterday.

toomany2cvs wrote:
At what?

Ohh...you missed that one. It's a game apparently, and yesterday our foreign players scored more goals than your foreign players, which made us feel all patriotically northern. I did tell you the world's absurd.

March 13th, 2011, 1:49 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 13  Next