View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently March 28th, 2024, 1:49 pm

Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next
 SCALLY RALLY AZU 
Firing on two.

Post SCALLY RALLY AZU
Firstly let me introduce myself, my name is chris and i first caught the bug (sorry snail) in 1999 when my dad bought a 1986 D*lly. This was re-chassied over Christmas and new year as a millennium project. Since then a charleston was bought for £25 and we built a deauville jeep on the D*lly for my dads 40th birthday.

Anyway, my 1st car was a bleu celest which was written off (RIP) . i then bought the charleston (that was t-boned...RIP). So ive not had much luck with 2cvs, lets hope that changes!

My dad found a 1969 azu250 and thought it would suit me... he was right. The van in question had stickers and numbers on it and had been converted to a 602, perfect! So i proceeded to email the address on the advert, who turned out to be spanners. He told me a brief history of the car, the fact it had done the scally rally in 2007 and it had had a lot of work done to it. It didnt take me long to ring him up and tell him that i would send a (fairly large) deposit without looking at the vehicle. (norwich to brummy land is a bit far to just 'kick tyres!')

anyway a few weeks later i went down to Birmingham to pick it up and drive it home, since then the engine hasnt had chance to cool down!

RIGHT- enough waffling from me heres some background on 'claude'.

Originaly from france, this 1969 van was imported in 1993. if i remember correctly (correct me if im wrong!) spanners got hold of it as a project that the owner lost interest in, so he kept it. The grovelly hillbillies entered the car into the scally rally in 2007. this involves driving 1140 miles from calais to rimini. the rules state that the chosen vehicle must have been bought for £100 or less, as claude was a gift in boxes and in bits, so all spanners had to do was build it.

unfortunatly ive only been able to attend one event this year (registers day) but i will be going to snetterton and the national, hopeing to do more next year, so keep your eyes open, here are some recent pics of the few months ive owned him...

Fingers crossed this car is 3rd time lucky for me, especially as this van has a bit of history and pedigree. I plan to keep this as long as poss and have many years happy motoring (even if the missus calls it chitty)

for some reason i cant add the pis :'( can anyone help?!

August 6th, 2009, 6:15 pm
super slot

Post Re: SCALLY RALLY AZU
Nice write up, always interesting to hear of a vehicles history! have you uploaded your pictures to Photobucket or facebook? Or are they on your hard drive?

August 6th, 2009, 6:18 pm
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

they are on my hard drive

August 6th, 2009, 6:40 pm
Firing on two.

rebel2cv wrote:
they are on my hard drive

First thing to do is to set up an account with Flickr, Photobucket or similar, and upload them to there.

August 6th, 2009, 6:53 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Spellin Bea

:D i see you'v got your new sig i made, i do like the look of your van ALOT :mrgreen:

August 7th, 2009, 1:41 pm
Welcome Chris, your AZU's one of the reasons I'm here (Spanners owned it when I met him, the hest is ristory...or something) so I'm glad to see it (and you!!) on I2F.

Here's one I took of it at Registers.
8-)

August 7th, 2009, 3:26 pm
Firing on two.

thank you muchly! i think the atmosphere on this forum is awesome

August 10th, 2009, 4:39 pm
Firing on two.

Good to meet you at the weekend mate, looking forward to seeing the AZU wired for tunes at a camp soon!

August 10th, 2009, 8:25 pm
lovin' the snatch

dont worry russ, it already is! rather nice sub in the back!

you do need a couple of 6x9s tho chris :) even tho them lil ones in the front are ace for the size mate! where did u get em? ;)

Keep Them Looking Standard.

1979 Myosotis Blue Dyane6
1986 Sunrise Red 2cv6
1989 Vert Bamboo 2cv6 D*lly (in bits)

August 10th, 2009, 8:52 pm
Firing on two.

I don't like 6x9s, always had better results from seperate 10cm and 16cm speakers than a single 6x9.

August 10th, 2009, 9:04 pm
Reply to topic   [ 130 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next