View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 29th, 2024, 6:48 pm

Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 A Tale Of Two CeeVees. 
Firing on two.

Post Re: A Tale Of Two CeeVees.
Devils Advocate wrote:
Yes, I do mean around the bottom corners of the rear hatch - they aren't holed right through, but are bubbling (so probably holed right through...). Why is this a 'do properly' - is it 'structural' in any important way?

Yup, definitely - one of the 4x4s had got cracked through there - the entire shell wobbled on idle, leading to the bulkhead cracking through...

Oh, and that rot's definitely "iceberg".

August 26th, 2009, 3:36 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Firing on two.

:D

Cheers!

August 26th, 2009, 8:46 pm
Firing on two.

I hope to start proper work on Bugsy fairly soon ('Bugsy' is the grey Charleston).

I have ideas for the interior - such as more modern seats, 3-point seat belts in the back, wood-slat door panels, etc., but it's the outside that's causing me the head-scratching. And I'd value people's opinions.

The original idea was a ladybug scheme to keep wifie and kiddies happy. I even bought the paint - numerous aerosols of bright red and black. The idea was red body, black wings (just the rear 'wing' part at the rear - not including the attached triangular piece of the panel - that will be red), a black stripe up the bonnet and basically lots and lots of black dots everywhere - the standard ladybug stuff. However, I wonder if that's just toooo predictable...

So, what else could I do with red and black, or even red or black? One idea was influenced by a car on the 'cool pics' thread (the one covered in newspaper) - cover every panel with roads maps apart from black wings. I even tried a test piece by laying torn pieces of road atlas on to a varnish metal sheet, covering it with a few further coats of varnish, flattening it down when fully dry, and then spraying it with lacquer for a gloss finish. It was done very quickly just to give an idea whether it would work:

I know I could get a completely flat and high gloss finish with a bit more effort should I decide to do this on the car. I think it could look pretty nifty with gloss black wings. I could even use French road maps (Bugsy's a Frog)...

Or, a completely black car with, perhaps, purple wheels? (I saw an old-style Fiat Panda in brilliant condition t'other day - deep gloss black and purple spoked wheels - nice...). Perhaps add a few purple hand prints if the kids don't mind being cellulosed.

Or, what?

Ideas welcome. :o

January 16th, 2010, 1:36 am
Reply to topic   [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3