View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently March 29th, 2024, 12:56 am

Reply to topic  [ 999 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 100  Next
 My 2cv 
Firing on two.

Post My 2cv
Hi guys and gals. I have an April 1988 (Registered March 1989!) 2cv6 D*lly in Vertastic Green and Blanctastic White. It was bought in April 2002 and has over the years I've owned it undergone extensive restoration. My mate Spanners(Jon) having a propensity to give cars a personal name, kinda forced me to name it(her) "Daisy". So the aforementioned 2cv6 for the remainder of this post will be known as "Daisy".

Well Daisy was bought sat on a new Galv. chassis, with new sills and a driver-side floor. Over time the passenger floor has been replaced and so has the innner and outer lower bulkheads. In December 2007 in was delivered to Peter Cross in Tibberton,Worcester, for extensive upper body restoration. The windscreen surround was replaced along with the fixed A-panels,Drip channels and A-posts. The hinge plates were repaired at the same time. At the back of the car the rear-lamp panel was cut away to reveal quite a bit of grot in the boot-floor, so that was also replaced. The custode panels on both sides of the car,(the rear-side panels which have the rear quarter windows in) have been cut out and replaced. The C-posts were cut out and replaced and a repair to the seam on the roof above the B-post on the passanger-side of the car was also made. Once that had been done the car was resprayed in the original colours with four new wings. There is a slight difference to factory colour scheme, the green follows the alluminium trim along the doors, so the doors are mostly green and the A-panels and bonnet side panels are all green. I've had the headlamp bowls sprayed white and there are new Cibie headlamps with yellow bulbs fitted. During the rebuild I've had new wiper spindles fitted and new front indicators. I've had Robris trim fitted to the front of the front wings and to the rear of the front wings and also to the front of the rear wings. Overall, a nice car.

I'm trying to figure out how to upload photos onto this forum, so please bare with me. :roll:

Last edited by Jonathan on January 24th, 2009, 10:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

January 24th, 2009, 12:04 am
super slot

Post Re: My 2cv
wow, sounds really nice!

There's a couple of ways of getting pics up on here:

You can use one of the many photo hosts such as - http://photobucket.com/ or http://tinypic.com/ - you upload your pictures from your hard drive & then copy n paste the URL that they give you. They also resize your pics to a forum friendly size. Or you can do as Rob (2cvhound) did & click 'browse' next to filename on the reply page & upload straight from your computer...

HTH ;)

January 24th, 2009, 2:59 pm
Profile WWW
Just to save Taff the brainache, here's some photos of "Daisy"

Spanners 8-)

January 24th, 2009, 5:59 pm
super slot

that's tidy! 8-)

Originally registered in this neck of the woods. I recognise that plate as well from somewhere...

January 24th, 2009, 6:06 pm
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

First things first, a big thank you to Spanners for uploading photos from my Facebook page, saves me scratching my head!!lol.

The car's from Exeter originally, but I've been quite active on the club/camp scene,(though not nearly as much as I would like due to work) so it may be that you've seen it at a camp in Blighty or France. I'm looking to go to Czech Republic in July/August and may even manage to get to Waggel or French National.....We'll see. :)

AH!! I think I've just figured out how to upload photos onto here. I was pretty well knackered last night, so was not in the best frame of mind. ;)

January 24th, 2009, 8:18 pm
Spellin Bea

OMG shes so pretty i love green 2cvs :mrgreen:

January 25th, 2009, 1:58 am
Firing on two.

Ah...Spent the morning washing and cleaning Daisy Deuche, she looks might fine now!!lol. Cruised into work this afternoon and had the hood open all the way!!.....well it is only ten minutes drive...But Hey!!

Thanks for the comment Geo, well appreciated. :D

As it says in the back window of Daisy...."Speed kills, Buy a 2cv, Live forever!!.......And long live the 2cv.

Right, I'm off to bed coz I may be heading down to Wales tomoz.......In the 2cv, of course!!..And hood open all the way!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

January 26th, 2009, 1:52 am
Firing on two.

My generally reliable Daisy had a bit of a tizzy this evening. Well.....to be honest it's the 9 months old Halfords battery with a 4 year warranty.

I took the car to work this afternoon and on leaving work, it refused to start, with a very low battery and quickly went as flat as a witch's tit.
I tried to jump it down a convenient hill on the road, but nope!! So I called out the RAC(first time in 3yrs and first time in 5 yrs with this 2cv) and on arriving and getting the 2cv very quickly started, informed me that the charge system is good, it's a knackered battery!! :roll:

So I'll be off round to Halfords on Monday morning and getting a replacement under warranty!! :(

February 1st, 2009, 12:47 am
sopwithcamel wrote:
The RAC informed me that the charge system is good, it's a knackered battery!! :roll:

So I'll be off round to Halfords on Monday morning and getting a replacement under warranty!! :(

On a serious note Taff, as you don't use her anywhere near as much as you used to, can I recommend that you get something like this http://www.frost.co.uk/item_Detail.asp? ... ry%20Saver :ugeek:

February 1st, 2009, 10:16 am
Firing on two.

Been down to Wales today, not been down for about 2 years..Anyway..

I took the 2cv as the weather was glorious and drove all the way down with the hood open and foot planted firmly to the floor and when I got home I refilled the tank and had used 19.57 litres(4.3 gallons) of juice over 165 miles. That calculates to just over 38 mpg....but like I said, I was flat out and that should be the worst figures I encounter!! It's economy can only improve.

I've just worked out that the trip from Waggel to the French national(a journey of about 815miles) will use 21.44 gallons. So times that by 2 (42.88) plus the 220 miles to Dover(5.8 gallons) +/- 5 gallons overall and it's looking to be quite expensive at full throttle!!........So will be taking it easy, me thinks. ;)

February 22nd, 2009, 1:48 am
Reply to topic   [ 999 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 100  Next