View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently March 28th, 2024, 8:04 pm

Reply to topic  [ 144 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15  Next
 My Red Special 
Firing on two.

Post Re: My Red Special
Noticing a little bit of speckling on one of the door sections I painted. Looks like a paint reaction to me. Bloody paint, its a minefield..!

If it ever stops raining I'll check it out properly.

January 15th, 2017, 2:21 pm
Firing on two.

You can take the door indoors ;-)

January 15th, 2017, 3:53 pm
Firing on two.

I can but its raining sooo hard...

January 15th, 2017, 3:54 pm
Firing on 1-2 Spark

Ianredspecial wrote:
I can but its raining sooo hard...

Indoors?? :oops: :oops: :P

Russ

January 16th, 2017, 1:24 pm
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

Well, I could actually say yes to that, thinking about it :) My landlord is not so great....

Not in my actual flat though thankfully.

January 16th, 2017, 6:39 pm
Firing on two.

Damnit, I do see very tiny imperfections like microblisering. Oh well, I shouldn't have painted it in the winter should I.

At least around the windscreen looks great still I think. I was able to heat that panel a little better with a fan heater before/during the paint process, maybe that helped. i tried to do that with the other bits too but it didn't work so well. I'll be happy if the windscreen surround stays good.

January 19th, 2017, 12:37 pm
Firing on two.

I started a couple new jobs recently so been relying on the Deuche for now rather than cycling, where I need to make a good first impression... :)

Anyway it's been such a little champ, and so cheap to run. Up in the morning at 6am, minus 5 celsius and it always bursts into life. (temporarily, until you get the choke right to stop it chugging!) Still such a useful life tool after all this time.

February 3rd, 2017, 11:53 pm
Firing on two.

I thought the car might have started running slightly less well. Still starting excellently no matter what the weather, but flat spots up through the revs.
A quick look & petrol was leaking from the seal on the 'lid' of the carb. The screws were not very tight so no doubt that's all it was.

Managed while doing the above, to lock myself out of the car with the engine running. Great.

February 23rd, 2017, 12:24 am
Firing on two.

Still feeling the love for this old family friend. I realised I've just done another 4k miles in it, it has been awesome and saved me so much money.

How funny you can still use these in day to day traffic, and on motorways etc.

The white squares on my chequered roof are coming off I have to glue them back on. I think I amused a few people on the M4 today holding one on with my hand out the window. It was only still attached on one edge and flapping badly..

Some of my paint that I spent so much time doing has cracked. Specifically on the bit below the vent flap. I was upset about this but oh well. I'll do some kind of patch up. It looked so good, I don't really know why it's done that but if I can think of a reason I can then call it a learning curve!
Painting in the winter wasn't ideal for a start. But big holes and a leaky screen surround, it just had to be done.

May 10th, 2017, 10:58 pm
Firing on two.

Fluids and greased yesterday, still no matter what I do, can't get grease to be squidged out the top of the kingpin assembly. All my previous greasing before this kingpin change, I'd keep greasing until it came out the top.

Tried all combinations of jacking up/a little weight on the wheel or not, all wheel steering angles, and also someone gently moving the steering wheel while I greased. Oh well, plenty in the bottom and hopefully it'll squish up enough.

Touched in the missing paint that fell off. Looks awful, but not as bad as before!

Superglued the rest of my white squares on the roof.

Car still running like clockwork :-)

June 4th, 2017, 4:17 pm
Reply to topic   [ 144 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15  Next