View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently March 19th, 2024, 3:59 am

Reply to topic  [ 144 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 15  Next
 My Red Special 
Firing on two.

Post Re: My Red Special
Ah yes, Frost are good. Thanks much, I'm tempted by the oiler.

Rehabilitated an old Raleigh pushbike today for a friend and that oiler would have been so useful.

November 28th, 2020, 12:32 am
Firing on two.

They are useful gizmos ... I'm still wondering where mine is! At t'farm i expect. :D

November 28th, 2020, 1:00 am
Firing on two.

The poor thing sits outside in this constant hammering rain. When will it ever end, eesh...

The trouble is I cycle most places so I do very few miles using cars anyway. And then I have three cars. One was at the bodyshop for the last 3 years and I got it back last summer. It was very exciting but I'm realising that two cars is definitely easier, haha.
I try to keep an eye on when each of them last moved but time passes quickly.

Anyway I got it going and went to the rubbish tip. Then drove it around some to get some warmth up in the motor. It was as sweet as ever, a real pleasure to use.

February 4th, 2021, 5:53 pm
Firing on two.

Spent the day pottering about doing little bits and bobs to the Deuche. I scored some small rectangular Lucas lights from ebay a long time ago. Wired them in today, and wired on an awesome LED reversing light. Switches on the dash for both things, green illuminated switch for three front spots, and a red one for the reverse light.
The spots are hilariously rubbish but the white light on the back bumper is brilliant and been a long time coming.

Whilst I was there I fixed my repeat indicator, tidied up the wiring in the engine bay, and fitted some ribbed flexible tubing over it where I could. Also did that to some of the wires in the back end of the car.

Did some things to the wires on the battery so nice fresh contacts.

Lovely day with the Deuche even if I didn't get to drive it. (Bad foot)

May 9th, 2021, 9:47 pm
Firing on two.

I had to shrink the picture to get it to upload. But here's the reverse light.

Attachment:
IMAG1420~4.jpg
IMAG1420~4.jpg [ 378.99 KiB | Viewed 11185 times ]

May 9th, 2021, 9:53 pm
Firing on two.

Spots. I re-sited them today, unfortunately this meant drilling holes in my nice bumpers but never mind. they look so much better where they are now.

Great little things, only about a tenner from Ebay some time ago. Old Lucas small rectangular ones, only little, so perfect really. Not bright with the yellow LED bulbs I found for them, but I have some COB LED bulbs coming that shoul make them more effective. Currently thet are like little tiny candles, hahaha.

Attachment:
IMAG1426.jpg
IMAG1426.jpg [ 330.82 KiB | Viewed 11136 times ]

May 14th, 2021, 7:57 pm
Firing on two.

Had the pleasure of hooning around in this the last few days. Its been great. Comfy and fun.

Had an Audi S3 up my rear a couple days ago, two roundabouts later and I'd lost them. Hahahaha :lol:

The tyres are a little hard I'm thinking, maybe I'll spring for two new fronts soon. Other than that it's been awesome and I do always forget about the economy. So good!

May 23rd, 2021, 10:38 pm
Firing on two.

I'm away in the buggy, it's doing what it does best and charging around the countryside being brilliant.
My nephew finds it highly entertaining.
It's so much fun to go away in and I always forget how economical it is. Happy days.
Realised my tyres are probably a bit hard, they're 9 years old. Takes the edge off the awesome ride a bit but I'm skint so ignoring that for now.

July 8th, 2021, 11:55 am
Firing on two.

Enjoy :D

Check your tyre pressures. :)

July 8th, 2021, 12:07 pm
Firing on two.

Thanks Roget. It got a bit crashy over bumps the last time the tyres got hard with age. New tyres and it was all cushy again.

They say 6 years is a safe limit don't they. I don't think that applies to the 2cv though...

July 8th, 2021, 6:59 pm
Reply to topic   [ 144 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 15  Next