View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently March 19th, 2024, 8:45 am

Reply to topic  [ 144 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
 My Red Special 
Firing on two.

Post Re: My Red Special
Had the pleasure of another 200 mile home in the Deuche. It was lovely even though mainly motorway. And a lot of fun while in Devon. The weather was alternating, really flooded roads down there at times. The buggy is so good at that though.

The Michelin tyres have made it really smooth, it's lush. Bit hard to see on the dark motorway on the night trip back. Such heavy rain! Must change my wiper blades.

October 5th, 2021, 10:47 pm
Firing on two.

Had to go to Birmingham and back today. A bit less than two hours each way. Took a blanket and hot water bottle and fleece lined trousers. Who needs heating anyway, hahaha. It was really cosy actually. Smooth journey.

November 8th, 2021, 12:48 am
Firing on two.

I popped down to the WASPs (Worcester 2CV club) meeting at Castlemorton Common in the 1932 Minor yesterday afternoon. It's just under 15 miles each way and the hood was down in both directions. Returning home to the central heating on full blast was lovely :lol:

November 8th, 2021, 2:35 pm
Firing on two.

Have to do the Reading-Birmingham trip every other week now. The buggy has 7k miles allowed on the insurance this year and my two other cars 3k each. Also I am poor, so taking the buggy makes sense.
Its been lovely using it like this again. I come back in the night time - hot water bottle, blankie and an audiobook, quite nice actually.
The only slight annoyance is it doesn't do the trip there and back on one tank of fuel. Well, if it did make it, it would be close I think.

December 13th, 2021, 1:19 am
Firing on two.

I have both old cars on the same Footman James policy with unlimited mileage as well as all the other features of classic vehicle insurance (agreed value, salvage retention, UK & EU breakdown cover, etc). It's been around the £250 p/a mark for the last few years, with most of the cost seeming to be taken up by the less valuable 2CV. When I bought the 1932 Morris Minor and added it to the existing 2CV policy it cost an extra fifty quid or so.

December 13th, 2021, 7:52 pm
Firing on two.

That sounds pretty good Jonathan. I'm OK usually, I cycle everywhere normally, day to day. Work etc. Family stuff is meaning I have to lean on my cars, which has happened before and this little buggy was amazing in times of urgent need.

Funny about the cost of the 2cv, its a little over £120 to insure I think last time, never changes too much. My W126 Mercedes x2, huge fast cars with V8 motors, a little less than the 2cv each. Does make me chuckle. They're in the top group usually and the Deuche in the bottom.

December 14th, 2021, 1:06 pm
Firing on two.

Suspension repairs all completed, but even during that time the car did great service as usual taking me from Reading to Birmingham every other week.

But now I'm having a lot of fun in it when I drive, I didn't realise how much I'd got used to the random clanking noise! So now I'm taking full advantage of seeing how far I can lean it over. I've always done this so it's fun to be driving it like that again. Am liking the Michelins I put on the front, they squeal and grip nicely. Fun!

And summer is coming, can't wait to get that roof back.

April 20th, 2022, 10:50 am
Firing on two.

On the M40 to Birmingham today I noticed the car get way more throaty on hills. Oh well, some exhaust leak I thought. But as I came into Birmingham I realised it didn't make sense because it was quiet at other speeds. It sounded awesome actually when you floored the throttle.

Had a look after I put petrol in, revved it up from the carb and noticed it was just coming from the air filter that the lid had somehow come undone on. How funny, did make me laugh. Tightened it up and cruised the 120 miles home with the sun setting and audio stories playing.

May 8th, 2022, 11:41 pm
Firing on two.

The funniest little chirping noise, I kept trying to find loose panels or something. Only very occasional and small.

The bottom end of the arm the holds on the alternator had come off, pretty much. Just resting there by its bolt. The belt was so loose, I don't know how it was still running so well! Did notice slow windscreen wipers at idle the other day.

Anyway popped out the alternator for access and bolted the arm back on. Mystery solved.

June 2nd, 2022, 3:58 pm
Firing on two.

My fortnightly journey is now to Kent, near Maidstone. The unstoppable super buggy is doing this with aplomb and also making people laugh. Or smile.

It goes there and back on a tank of fuel, just about. A bit mental how suddenly the cost of filling a 2cv has changed!

June 19th, 2022, 10:07 pm
Reply to topic   [ 144 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next