View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 29th, 2024, 6:46 pm

Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 1980 Acadiane 
Firing on two.

Post 1980 Acadiane
This is my latest weld- a -thon, most of its done now, just trying to find enough stuff from my store of crap to build it back into a runner.

Stops starts, brakes, etc all sorted and working, handy really, chassis top repaired as are floors, sills, body bolted back to chassis, rear wings now fitted to one side (fiberglass) so its all coming along. Most of you UK event goers may recognise this van (its a bit of different colour though)
the previous owner is a member of this forum i believe.

Its all good, and the custom accessory of the day, one kelso 2005 WM gearknob cos ive got millions and it hadnt got one :o

January 15th, 2009, 10:27 pm
Firing on two.

Post Re: 1980 Acadiane
Woo Hoo,

Its back together today as had the top help of a couple of local club group members :)

Went for a test drive down the road, all seems OK (touches wood)

Pics to follow tomorrow when i can find my phone camera lead.

January 18th, 2009, 8:34 pm
Firing on two.

Matt S wrote:
Most of you UK event goers may recognise this van (its a bit of different colour though)
the previous owner is a member of this forum i believe.

Looks vaguely familiar... Good news that it's living on.

Some history - it was brought into the UK about 10 years ago by Nick Farrance of South Oxford 2cv Centre. I think it'd been scrapped in France, and spirited out of the yard slightly naughtily, but it got out. Nick then sold it to Louis Barbour's mechanic, Doug, who we got it from in about 2000. Since then, it's been used, abused, hammered and neglected...

Nick painted it in Dulux when he imported it - so after a decade of being outside in all weathers plus a new rear valence & screen panel, it was looking more than a bit tatty - most of the panels were knackered, large areas of primer, and the Dulux was peeling.

So we took it apart last summer and started to paint it - Dulux again, but proper WeatherShield exterior gloss this time. No half measures here. Except every time I looked out the door with a paintbrush in hand, the skies darkened. Sorry, last summer's weather is all my fault. Looking a bit closer showed that the couple of slightly crunchy bits we knew about were joined by a bunch of others we didn't know about, so a decision had to be made. Didn't want to scrap it, so - in bits - it went down to that Mr Shed.

And now it resurfaces...

January 19th, 2009, 2:43 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Firing on two.

Indeed it does........

January 19th, 2009, 3:17 pm
Firing on two.

You going to finish painting it, then? The tin of paint was in the back...

January 19th, 2009, 3:20 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Firing on two.

Possibly, have 3 different ideas in mind for paint, one involves your original orange, the other two dont :)

January 19th, 2009, 3:22 pm
Firing on two.

Matt S wrote:
Possibly, have 3 different ideas in mind for paint, one involves your original orange, the other two dont :)

Furry muff!

BTW - is the rope holding the back of the bonnet down? I found the new SPOG hinge pins over the weekend - I'll shove 'em in the post if you need 'em.

January 19th, 2009, 3:32 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Firing on two.

Quote:

Furry muff!

BTW - is the rope holding the back of the bonnet down? I found the new SPOG hinge pins over the weekend - I'll shove 'em in the post if you need 'em.

Hmm the bungeys yes, it will get sorted, i just wanted a go in it, but if you have spare pins then feel free to bung em this way :)

January 19th, 2009, 3:58 pm
Firing on two.

Matt S wrote:
Hmm the bungeys yes, it will get sorted, i just wanted a go in it, but if you have spare pins then feel free to bung em this way :)

PM me your address.

January 19th, 2009, 4:01 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Firing on two.

Matt S wrote:

I'm glad you've got it back together again Matt! Don't paint it unless you're going to signwrite a comedy business name on the side! I'd leave it as it is, it looks ace!

January 19th, 2009, 7:48 pm
Reply to topic   [ 46 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next