View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 27th, 2024, 9:28 am

Reply to topic  [ 221 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23  Next
 Spunkbucket 
Firing on two.

Post Re: Spunkbucket
For cat piss, cut some onions into quarters and place them in the area that needs to be purged of its pong. The wee-wee stench should die away in a few days, and your car will take on the traditional aroma of an old-school French peasant. Your mrs. will be delighted, I guarantee. Win-win-win!

February 16th, 2015, 10:00 am
Firing on two.

Jameswallace wrote:

:o :shock:

Must have been a scary ride

:lol: :lol: :lol:

If it was in this car it must have been :lol:

February 16th, 2015, 11:02 am
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

I've still got that set (and spares) of BMW bike carbs and inlet manifolds that I promised you 18 months ago or so... I'll drop them by next time I pass to the folks. They'll go a treat on this and will distract you away from doing the bodywork.

February 16th, 2015, 4:45 pm
Firing on two.

My GOD that is a totally different car to the one pictured on here..... If not then old owner does not know how to advertise fairly or correctly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 :evil:

February 16th, 2015, 9:18 pm
Firing on two.

Haha! I was a bit surprised when I saw it! I wouldn't want to use a really good 2cv for what I want to use this for though, chances are it's going to end up on its side or something and I wouldn't want anything I had to be too precious over either, I have a 'good' 2cv which when it's finished will be for looking after, this is for me to go racing with, let the kids have fun with and use as a work van.

Today I got rid of the seats and all the trim and greased all the kingpins and track rod ends, tightened all the loose suspension bits and swapped the tyres round and set the pressures correct. It's vastly better now but still no brakes, so I rangRoy at ecas who suggested that somebody had put the wrong fluid in it which makes sense so I've ordered new seals for everything.

I'm going to start the welding tomorrow, starting with the A pillars and C pillars which are completely shot to shit. There's a hole in the roof I might tickle up too.

February 16th, 2015, 9:50 pm
2CV Fan

I'd be interested to know how you plan to weld up the C-post where it has rotted out above the door catch- mine has gone on both sides and I'm not looking forward to fixing it.

February 16th, 2015, 10:34 pm
Firing on two.

I'll be honest, I don't intend to do all the welding so it looks like it had just left the factory, the cars too far gone and had too many patches all over it to bother much with that, I'll just slap patches over it or chop out what's rotten and let in bits of sheet steel where I can. I'll try and take photos as I go.

February 16th, 2015, 10:52 pm
Firing on two.

fritz wrote:
I've still got that set (and spares) of BMW bike carbs and inlet manifolds that I promised you 18 months ago or so... I'll drop them by next time I pass to the folks. They'll go a treat on this and will distract you away from doing the bodywork.

Ah thanks! It'd be nice to catch up anyway. I quite like that Bamboo of yours, did you mention somewhere that you're hillclimbing it?

Today I've got the workshop to myself so I'll start the welding, I was going to leave it red and white but there's no fun in that. I was painting my nippers nails (that's what my life's become now) last night and we decided the pattern she wanted on them would look great on the 2cv, so Pink and black camouflage over a white background is the plan.

I've borrowed a whacking great diesel powered pressure washer and with all the interior removed I'm going to give it a thorough blow out and try to get the mould off it. The roof is actually red but it's a Matts roof which I'm not a fan of and I'm not sure it will come up very well. If it does I'd be interested in swapping it for a standard roof in black.

February 18th, 2015, 8:38 am
Aircooled Idiot

If you pressure was the roof you will need to re proof it

1988 2cv 652cc
1993 Toyota Hilux Surf 3000cc runs on Bio Diesel
2004 Toyota Landcruiser Amazon 4200cc runs on Bio Diesel
1998 Daihatsu Hijet 1300cc
2005 Susuki Bandit 650cc

February 18th, 2015, 9:39 am
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

Well good luck with this one, Russ. I sincerely hope the vendor paid YOU for taking this off his hands lol!

February 18th, 2015, 10:07 am
Reply to topic   [ 221 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23  Next