View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently March 28th, 2024, 10:46 pm

Reply to topic  [ 832 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 84  Next
 AZL 1957 
Firing on two.

Post Re: AZL 1957
Well done, are the ring nuts ok to go back on?

July 15th, 2017, 8:24 pm
Firing on two.

yes i cleaned them up a bit with a thread file.

July 15th, 2017, 11:20 pm
Firing on two.

well the rung nuts went back almost as heavy as out. Put the drums back on the car today. One i pushed on with my hand the other went half way an i had to ram it on with a piece of wood. Very strange. But all is ready for the trip to france next week.

July 22nd, 2017, 9:20 pm
Agony Aunt - You have a car problem? Speak to Ken

Oops, that probably means the inner half race will separate and be left on the stub axle when you next need to remove the brake drum. :(
If that happens, the only way to reassemble the bearing is to undo the ring nut and remove the bearing from the hub.
To prevent this happening, I reduce the diameter of the stub with carborundum paper until the inner races are a 'sliding' fit, rather than a 'ram it on' fit...

AZL57 wrote:
well the rung nuts went back almost as heavy as out. Put the drums back on the car today. One i pushed on with my hand the other went half way an i had to ram it on with a piece of wood. Very strange. But all is ready for the trip to france next week.

July 22nd, 2017, 11:37 pm
Firing on two.

seemed the outside inner ring did move on badly. I have had this before on that side but the drum always came off quite well.

July 23rd, 2017, 7:27 am
Firing on two.

Had filled up the tyres yesterday. This morning the car stood there with a flat tyre. So this evening i took the wheel of and pressured it up again. Nothing but when i did put the dust cap on the valve it started hissing. So the middle pin of the valve seemed to stick out higher than usual. It leaked at the slightest touch. I had to put my stock upside down to find the spare valves. Put an other one in, all silent. Wheel back on the car, will see how it looks tomorrow. If not ok i will change the whole wheel... it has to go to France soon. :mrgreen:

July 28th, 2017, 6:53 pm
Firing on two.

The car has been to france and back.1 week. had to come back for the job :(
Next weekend it's going back down again. Car runned very well. In the ardenne forrest belgian side they had some deviations belgian style again after 2 crossroads no more signs. The road changed into a sand road and than i had to ford a stream twice to get back to the road... ;-)
Won't see someone with a big lowered BMW or mercedes do that...

August 6th, 2017, 4:42 pm
Firing on 1-2 Spark

AZL57 wrote:
The car has been to france and back.1 week. had to come back for the job :(
Next weekend it's going back down again. Car runned very well. In the ardenne forrest belgian side they had some deviations belgian style again after 2 crossroads no more signs. The road changed into a sand road and than i had to ford a stream twice to get back to the road... ;-)
Won't see someone with a big lowered BMW or mercedes do that...

Of course not. They have anticipated Gps navigation, so they would be warned 20km in advance to take a D-tour. LoL. ;)

Russ

August 29th, 2017, 8:20 pm
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

Yes, think so. But they will have less fun.
Have been back to the ardennes for 3 weeks. Had to do some more roads. Great. Yesterday on the way back to the camping the speedo started to make cracking noises. The needle started waving up and down a bit. I suspected the drive cable. But today on the way home the noise got worse and the weaving needle started to miss read. Up to 70 kms to low. So i think the instrument had it. Will see this week. The tomtom was used as speedo. Car did run very well 80 to 90 kms uphill in fouth gear not bad for a 34 year aold engine...never been open ;-)

September 3rd, 2017, 4:34 pm
Firing on two.

I had the speedo cable out seems a bit worn. Put in an other but the speedo did not move very well. So i took the speedo apart. The grease in there was getting old. Everything taken apart and cleaned. The new grease was too thick so i mixed it in an old spoon with some oil. Speedo is back in but it was to dark to put all together again. Will test tomorrow.

September 4th, 2017, 8:19 pm
Reply to topic   [ 832 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 84  Next