View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently March 28th, 2024, 1:51 pm

Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 The Nameless AZU 
Firing on two.

Post The Nameless AZU
Right. I have officially started on the AZUwithnoname or more importantly @ the mo, with no identity. Matt Concannon has been & examined it for the purposes of producing an age certificate so I can start on getting paperwork. The only document I have (from the Oxford Abatoire) is a bill of sale which on examination proves to have the wrong registration number on it... This is par as the French documents he provided for it were for an entirely different vehicle.
So I have a. started seriously looking over it & pokeing holes in it - should be some pix here I hope.

I took the screen out to find what horrors were under the rubber but it was good! Attacking this corner with a screw driver produced a small hole but the rest is fine :o

And the underside looks straight & possibly sound, though the chassis internals are giving a starved horse look which may not be a wholey good sign...

Attachments:
van screen.jpg
van screen.jpg [ 610.98 KiB | Viewed 21189 times ]
van floor.jpg
van floor.jpg [ 1001.17 KiB | Viewed 21189 times ]
van engine.jpg
van engine.jpg [ 918.63 KiB | Viewed 21189 times ]
van rear.jpg
van rear.jpg [ 1013.14 KiB | Viewed 21189 times ]
Van left.jpg
Van left.jpg [ 1005.92 KiB | Viewed 21189 times ]
van 14.JPG
van 14.JPG [ 996.81 KiB | Viewed 21189 times ]

October 15th, 2014, 7:40 pm
Firing on two.

Post Re: The Nameless AZU
Ok, the pix came out in the wrong order but I hope they are self explanatory! The worst I can see is the bulkhead/parcel shelf, those panels are a horrendous price so I will have a go @ making or repairing them first, cab floor is just a panel & I hope most of the rest of the shell will be patching... Just the chassis & mechanicals then - piece of cake! :lol:

October 15th, 2014, 7:45 pm
Firing on two.

That's the one that sat for years in a field at the lockup of ex-forum member "AZU250", isn't it?

If so, it's a 1967, according to the info he gave me when I looked at it in 2010, with a view to buying.

October 15th, 2014, 10:23 pm
Firing on two.

I do believe that to be the case! It has suffered from a lot of sitting around being soggy but I'm on it now ;)

October 15th, 2014, 10:35 pm
Firing on two.

As I remember it, there were some staggeringly solid and in-tact parts to that van... but also some extremely sieve-like rusty bits. It scared me off, but I mourned not buying it for weeks! I really coveted it, and look forward to seeing you get it back up to scratch! Good luck. It'll be worth it!

Oh, and here are some pics I took of your van when I was lusting over it!!

October 15th, 2014, 11:09 pm
Firing on two.

I nearly went for that when it looked much like in those pictures. Maybe I should have, although it doesn't seem to have done very well in the intervening years. Hope to see it puttering round in the near future.

October 15th, 2014, 11:17 pm
Firing on two.

Crackin' pix Smiffy! Thanks :D
Interestingly the middle body crossmember on the right (supports rear of petrol tank) appears straight in the photie - it's now bent backwards about 15mm @ it's outer end. The bulkhead already looks like it had gone thru in places...

October 16th, 2014, 11:37 am
Firing on two.

Spent money now :shock:
Wonderful Uncle Roy is speeding rear wings, back door hinges, body side rails, floor, etc. in my direction. However, replacement for the rotten upper bulkhead is not available, so I have either to repair the existing one (a strip about 6" wide across the middle) or make a complete one. Making one would be most satisfying & a better repair I think, but I've not done any thin sheet metal stuff like this before, any thoughts, tips, ideas please?

I'm thinking the bulkhead should be 0.75mm thick? At the mo I'm thinking of a 'buck' made of 3mm steel plate (because I have some) with 'ribs' of 5 x 25mm flat bar welded to it corresponding with the edges of the pressed ribs, thus forming slots that a hard wood or steel round bar of the same dia as the width of the ribs could be belted into to form the ribs in the bulkhead. Studding welded to the 3mm where there are holes in the bulkhead could be used to clamp the thin stuff to the buck...
Vent tubes, gearshift stabaliser mount, etc. transfered across & there is an oval pressing in the top l/h corner of the existing panel that I think I shall have to cut out and weld onto the new one as I doubt I can whack that in satisfactorily...

October 18th, 2014, 12:12 pm
Firing on two.

Making the buck (former) sounds like a task in its self, but as you say statisfying.
Maybe look up 2cvzeka on this forum for ideas.

October 18th, 2014, 12:56 pm
Firing on two.

We have the same problem with the bulkhead of our 1965 2CV AZ, still not sure how to deal with it.
We might patch it up with parts of a newer type 2CV bulkhead.
https://flic.kr/p/hTKZwZ

Ez a türelem kérdése.........

October 18th, 2014, 3:40 pm
Reply to topic   [ 53 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next