View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 16th, 2024, 6:40 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 My 2cv stable 

Post My 2cv stable
Hello everybody,

I am new to the forum but some of you might know me, seeing that I was a member of the Flying dutchmen 2cv racing team. I promised some of the people on this forum that I would become a member years ago.But because I am as lazy as humanly possible it took a while :D

I am the strange looking fellow in the back in the pink shirt

Anyway , my name is Jeroen I am a 21 year old student from The Netherlands and I currently own two 2cv's and a Lexus.

My daily driver is a 83 2cv6 that has had a 6 to 4 light conversion. Bassicaly the entire shell has been modified to look like an shell from the fifty's. This includes the door handles, the are now located in the front but the door still opens normally :D

My track toy is the former Flying dutchmen 2cv race car, which I a bassicaly use to collect speeding tickets and scare the crap out of little children. It is now road legal and registerd/insured and will receive a passenger seat in the next couple of weeks. That will be the first modification since it left the track at snetterton a couple of years ago. Even the suspension setup is still exactly the same.

I also bought a 1991 Lexus LS400 recently, which i am going to rally to Ukraine and back next week. You can follow that on : http://www.facebook.com/team1293. Everything on the page is in Dutch but you can still look at the pics and I will write a short piece in English after the rally.

If you have any questions let me now, and i will post pics in this topic as soon as I start working om my race car.

Jeroen

July 7th, 2014, 9:39 pm
Profile WWW
Firing on 1-2 Spark

Post Re: My 2cv stable
1. I'm jealous your'e using a racecar as a dailydriver... How cool is that....

2. How unpractical is having a doorknob at the wrong end of the door....

3. Why for god sake a LEXUS and not a 2cv...

You see.... lot's of questions..... but looking at your'e cars you finally found the right forum.....

Please give us some pics using a race 2cv as a daily driver.......

Russ

July 7th, 2014, 11:43 pm
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

Welcome, nice to have you here at last. I guess the Flying Dutchmen racing team is no more? Glad the car is still going though! Good luck on the rally with Lexus, but really you should take a 2cv, so it's an adventure and not just a normal drive...

July 7th, 2014, 11:46 pm

Haha thank you for your questions.

To answer your questions, the flying dutchmen team indeed is no more. The last race the did at Snetterton was the last one for the team. The guys had a couple of goals the wanted to achieve, which the did. After that we did one final race at Snetterton and came in third :). We pretty much made the deal for the sale of the car on the ferry on the way home.

Regarding your questions how unpractical it is to have a doorknob on the wrong side of the door : very.

I only the drive the race car about 30% of the time for my daily driving. Its very unpractical, extremely cold in the winter. Boiling hot in the summer and as soon as a little bit of snow comes down i can only use it to clean the driveway. So basically its amazing. The look on people's faces when I pas them on the freeway is amazing and nothing is more fun than pissing off Porsche drivers in the corners. :)

And why the Lexus? It has a 4 liter V8. A 2cv is a little smal for four people and camping gear. And you are not allowed to pay more then €500,- for the car. As we all know 2cv's cost a lot more these days. And because of the insane road taxes and Petrol prices in Holland nobody wants a big petrol guzzling V8. So we were able to pick it up cheap. And if something happens to the Lexus I couldn't care less, if something happened to one of my 2cv's I would be gutted.

July 8th, 2014, 12:45 am
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

Jeroen wrote:

.....And why the Lexus? It has a 4 liter V8. A 2cv is a little smal for four people and camping gear. And you are not allowed to pay more then €500,- for the car. As we all know 2cv's cost a lot more these days. And because of the insane road taxes and Petrol prices in Holland nobody wants a big petrol guzzling V8. So we were able to pick it up cheap. And if something happens to the Lexus I couldn't care less, if something happened to one of my 2cv's I would be gutted.

Good point, well made.

Oh, and welcome to the forum!

July 8th, 2014, 8:27 am
Field Plougher

Jeroen wrote:
Boiling hot in the summer and as soon as a little bit of snow comes down i can only use it to clean the driveway.

But my memory - what is left of it says your ripple isn't too good off road... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

July 8th, 2014, 11:28 pm

I wouldn't say that.... Its just better on road. And that rock that ruined my exhaust just jumped up. Its inpossible to blame that on me or the car :) :)

July 9th, 2014, 7:36 pm
Profile WWW
Firing on 1-2 Spark

Jeroen wrote:
I wouldn't say that.... Its just better on road. And that rock that ruined my exhaust just jumped up. Its inpossible to blame that on me or the car :) :)

I've got the same with trees, they are always cross-passing where I want to go. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Russ

July 9th, 2014, 7:47 pm
Profile WWW

Time for a small update!

I spend the last two days working on my bleu daily 2cv. A lot of little problems combined with a "couple of beers" takes a lot of time to fix.

Now on to big part. On the way back from spa last October i ruined the engine on of my racecar. I dont know what happened exactly but the crankshaft was ruined.

I ended up on the side of the road about 1 hour from my house. I called the dutch road side services (ANWB) and got the car on a tow truck. I ended up in a train. And the car was deliverd to my house the next day. When the truck arrived, the driver told me the car was started in the morning. By doing that the towing company ruined every change of a small fix.

So the engine had a full rebuild. I'm picking the car up from storage tommorow to start rebuilding. The plan is to have it up and running in a few weeks. Normally I don't take any pictures, but I will try to take some to keep you guys updated ;)

And a small video from the race car chasing a triumph down the highway filmed from the inside of my lexus :)

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=695579703852728

January 16th, 2015, 11:28 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]