View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 28th, 2024, 1:28 am

Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Citroen Dyane 6 New to forum & Citroen :-) 
Aircooled Idiot

Post Re: Citroen Dyane 6 New to forum & Citroen :-)
:lol:

Russell wrote:
Assuming the chassis is ok you could reshell it as a 2cv with one of the many Joe must have laying around, at least then you wouldn't have to waste time fixing a Dyane.

1988 2cv 652cc
1993 Toyota Hilux Surf 3000cc runs on Bio Diesel
2004 Toyota Landcruiser Amazon 4200cc runs on Bio Diesel
1998 Daihatsu Hijet 1300cc
2005 Susuki Bandit 650cc

March 1st, 2014, 10:36 am
Profile WWW
super slot

Welcome to the forum!

March 1st, 2014, 10:48 am
Profile WWW

Or maybe you could stop wasting your time giving out pointless advice as you are clearly dyaneaphobic :P

1980 Dyane 6 Vert Jade 'Wilma'

March 1st, 2014, 2:04 pm
Firing on two.

I love Dyanes! Best source of spares Citroen ever gave us!

What's your plan of attack? Get it off its chassis and do a full on job or just get it mot-able and get using it?

March 1st, 2014, 3:10 pm

Financially depending for the time being i want to get it mot'd but the ultimate plan is to do a full restoration. Regardless the front end of the car need doing completely now from the windscreen down to the toe board everything else is just surface.

I do however really want to get her in to as near "showroom" as i can which shouldn't be too much of a horrific job. Were putting her in the air this afternoon to give her a really good underneath inspection If it is found that the chassis is no good (had no tell tail signs of that so far so fingers crossed) then she will go on a galvo in which case it will be the full job from start to finish no point in then cutting corners.

The most i've ever done is the rear arches on a Austin Maestro and a mk3 Fiesta so that i know is a whole other kettle of fish but im looking forward to the challenge and looking forward to driving something rather nostalgic. Always wanted a classic cant believe i actually have one now. The whole thing is just going to be a very time and money consuming project so may just been one of those thing that i do bit by bit.

If anyone has any spare body panels then let me know :-) !

March 1st, 2014, 3:42 pm
Firing on two.

nickchatt wrote:
Regardless the front end of the car need doing completely now from the windscreen down to the toe board

...If it is found that the chassis is no good (had no tell tail signs of that so far so fingers crossed)

The 'screen surround's knackered, and been leaking for years. The bulkhead's suffered. The toeboard's knackered...

...the chassis is almost certainly knackered.

March 1st, 2014, 6:55 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Firing on two.

The beige beast had almost the same problems after standing for 30 years and far worse holes in rear wing tops but...the chassis was perfect so there may be hope yet.....I don't know wether this was true of later Dyanes but I was told that certainly in 76 they made them out of higher grade steel than those on a 2CV

1966 Ami Break

March 1st, 2014, 6:58 pm
Agony Aunt - You have a car problem? Speak to Ken

Nels,
by higher grade steel, I guess you mean one with a lower 'recycled washing machine' content?
The main difference I've noticed which affects the durability of an original chassis was how much, or how little, paint had been applied by Citroen.
Some of the mid to late '80s chassis which I've replaced had bare metal on some internal surfaces.

Also, standing a car on grass for a decade or so is a guaranteed approach to having the bottom drop out of things, I've found... :lol:

ken

Nelsthebass wrote:
The beige beast had almost the same problems after standing for 30 years and far worse holes in rear wing tops but...the chassis was perfect so there may be hope yet.....I don't know wether this was true of later Dyanes but I was told that certainly in 76 they made them out of higher grade steel than those on a 2CV

March 1st, 2014, 8:09 pm

Right...

Spent a good few hours on her today taking rust back to bare metal and cutting out some rot. Pics to follow..

After close inspection... CHASSIS IS PERFECT NO ROT SOLID!! So maybe the way in which each car deteriorates is different from another. Again on closer inspection the toe board is fine needs a small patch and the drivers side bulkhead needs a patch and a patch to the A panel all shown in pics which i will post shortly.

There is only rot on the right hand side of the car as that was the part exposed to most of the elements the left side was parked against the side of a barn so is pretty much perfect.

Oh and also even though the car had not moved or been used for 18 years the owner would often coat the underside of the car with waxoil so prevent any rot and it worked.

March 1st, 2014, 11:50 pm
Firing on two.

nickchatt wrote:
After close inspection...

Somebody needs to go and buy a lottery ticket...

March 2nd, 2014, 1:12 am
Profile YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next