View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 20th, 2024, 1:43 am

Reply to topic  [ 249 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next
 sidney has entered the building 
super slot

Post Re: sidney has entered the building
Hey Sig!

How did you get on with the ITV?

October 25th, 2013, 12:24 pm
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

tomorrow at 11.15 !!! :o :o :o

October 29th, 2013, 7:25 pm
super slot

Good luck!

October 29th, 2013, 7:46 pm
Profile WWW
Firing on two.

Neil wrote:
Good luck!

Ditto

October 29th, 2013, 8:12 pm
Firing on two.

failed!, but on only one thing, oil leaking from the left hand side, its those damn rubbers at the push rod, so I´ll take it all off and get it sorted, the other side is fine so its definately fixable
brakes fine, electrics and emisions fine..pretty pleased really
never mentioned the floor or lowering....well actually they did, the first bloke loved it. and the stainless welds with the frame etc, and the signwriting, he thought it was a french car! :lol:

October 30th, 2013, 12:55 pm
Firing on two.

ok heres the problem!..something ken mentioned weeks back, and must have happened on the final build up!

so ! I need to know what to do guys, I´ve got to be quick to get the retast done in time.
can the aluminium tube be filed smooth so the slack is taken up by the rubbers, or is it best to cut the whole tube a bit shorter?. it must have happened bashing against the little hole in the bottom of the tube to the block. not sure about what to do , but it has to be a quickish fix

cheers in advance

October 30th, 2013, 3:19 pm
Agony Aunt - You have a car problem? Speak to Ken

sig,
'sometimes', it's possible to dress the tubes back into shape using a close-fitting mandrel (15mm OD) slipped inside the tube plus some panel beating skills...
If you've got a selection of deep reach sockets in the toolbox, worth having a rake through them.

When refitting a cylinder head, there's much less chance of things going wrong if you remove the rocker shafts. The pushrods can be fed in afterwards, also worth replacing those 'peg' screws with M8 Allen screws 35mm long, but avoid stainless.

Lastly, did you have the 'goggle' seals the right way up?

ken

October 30th, 2013, 3:41 pm
Firing on two.

thats the thing that confuses me most, the goggle seals ..why are they that weird shape, and whjat way is the right way up?, theres like a half moon lip on the one side of them at the moment they are up I think

are the eyes of the seals looking up or down!..in both cases they´re bozz eyed!!..I think looking at the greometries of everything they should be looking down

October 30th, 2013, 5:47 pm
Agony Aunt - You have a car problem? Speak to Ken

sig,
sounds OK, as the type with that half moon projection on the engine side should have those at the top.
Citroen's instructions define where the 'flat' on the outside face should go, looking at the pushrod tube area with the engine built up, they should sit at 11 o'clock & 1 o'clock on 602 engines.
( Other way up on 435 engines, just to confuse those folk who never bother to read the manual. ;) )

Forgot to mention earlier, when offering a cylinder head to the engine cases, press the head towards the engine and engage the lower cylinder head stud nut.
Wind that nut in by hand, not with a spanner, then the chances of crushing the push rod tubes are minimal.

ken

October 30th, 2013, 7:36 pm
Firing on two.

yep ken you´re a star, the seal was upside down, also I changed it for the flatter ones that I had and added a couple of washers behind the springs because they werent very powerful, now it doesnt spew anymore.

but all of a sudden theres something happened with the carb, I must have knocked it or something, keeps dying on me unless at full throttle..never had this before.choke is still ok, its as if the mix is all wrong or something,
theres no way the timing could be off now is there...I thought that was impossible on these engines.!
:?

October 30th, 2013, 8:03 pm
Reply to topic   [ 249 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next