View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 18th, 2024, 8:09 pm

Reply to topic  [ 249 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 25  Next
 sidney has entered the building 
Firing on two.

Post Re: sidney has entered the building
I´ll show the fotos later mate, I´m bearing all that in mind cheers

meanwhile a quick question...is there any reason why there are 2 laters of skinny rottable tin between pedals and engine rather than 1 decent one??

I thought about sound deadening etc but there isnt any so I don´t undersatnd why they did it like that

the reason I ask is that the body has fallen backwards by about 30mm because of the lowering and the angle of the bulkhead,and now it fouls on the suspension arms up front. so I fancy doing a nice stainless shaped plate around the front suspension arms that you cab see from in the cabin..any reason why not?

August 19th, 2013, 12:48 pm
Firing on two.

sig wrote:
meanwhile a quick question...is there any reason why there are 2 laters of skinny rottable tin between pedals and engine rather than 1 decent one??

Strength. A triangular box is stronger than a single sheet.

August 19th, 2013, 1:17 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Firing on two.

makes sense although difficult to appreciate with my one!

starting to see the floor going in

August 19th, 2013, 4:27 pm
Firing on 1-2 Spark

I hope it will work.... can't see it yet, Hope you see it..

Russ

August 19th, 2013, 4:57 pm
Profile WWW
2CV Fan

Have you been here yet?

Might be some useful tips...

http://www.snail2cv.com/

August 19th, 2013, 7:11 pm
Firing on two.

JamieW wrote:
Have you been here yet?

Might be some useful tips...

http://www.snail2cv.com/

Interesting site,I've tried to join twice over the last year,without any success given up now :?

August 19th, 2013, 7:23 pm
Firing on two.

knackered! too bloody hot to be grinding and welding in the sun!! ...but at the same time pleased that the final panels are cut out and spotted in..looks like a kind of deceptacon 2cv !...starting to think that the stainless could be a theme...maybe continue it into the seating and bumpers etc what do you reckon, leave it all semi polished...anyway here we go..by the way jamie, yes thanks etienne has just got back and let me in the other forum, cheers

August 19th, 2013, 7:26 pm
Firing on two.

sig wrote:

I thought about sound deadening etc but there isnt any so I don´t undersatnd why they did it like that

the reason I ask is that the body has fallen backwards by about 30mm because of the lowering and the angle of the bulkhead,and now it fouls on the suspension arms up front. so I fancy doing a nice stainless shaped plate around the front suspension arms that you cab see from in the cabin..any reason why not?

As previously stated it is for strength, which I still think is required with your channelling as it is the front weight of the body sitting on that point.
You can see how I had to modify mine after the fact, I also kept a triangulated double skin for strength:
My build thread is HERE!
What I didn't show in the pics is how I had to cut and fold indents into the triangle box section to have full clearance for the bump stop limits on the arms ;)
Keep it up!

Harley

August 20th, 2013, 3:05 pm
Firing on two.

thats a big help harley cheers it was starting to feel as if the geometries in the car has shisted over night and all of a sudden nothing fitted!....I´ve been sorting the body position just now as it happens readying for the pedal floor. so what I´ve got now is....

gearbox now just about touching the bulkhead
at the same time the bonnet is down on the alternator more or less (which I dropped to get it lower assuming that there will be a smaller diametre belt somewhere in the market ...please tell me yes!)...err the light brackets have been cut about 8cm which seems to be the max without major surgery

they also need setting back by 2cm for some reason to slot into the bonnet holes

what else? , oh the electrical relay thing (?) has been taken off and moved back

its pretty much as tight as can be in there and I´ve only gained 8cm drop..which surprises me a little

oh and the inner wings have to be chopped quite a lot for clearances...all this is without any lowering of the front end via the suspension

also done the welding of the stainless and ground down, looks like a bathtub, the seats have been positioned and shortened where necesary..and thats about it , apart from lots of umming and ahhing

heres the pix of the mock up taken from the computer..all other cameras are non functional in this house. :?

August 20th, 2013, 8:19 pm
Firing on 1-2 Spark

everything stands with the fitting of the triangular pieces between bulkhead, bonnet and fender... try to fit them and you will see if they fit....... If they fit you have a masterpiece, if they don't well its hot in Spain leave them out.....

Russ

August 20th, 2013, 10:57 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 249 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 25  Next