View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 19th, 2024, 6:26 pm

Reply to topic  [ 249 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 25  Next
 sidney has entered the building 
Firing on two.

Post Re: sidney has entered the building
amazing, ! 2 x quarter turns with the 14mm spanner and the damn drum spins free! amazing what you can do when you know what you´re doing!!, thanks guys :D

tried taking the drum off again but then backed down, now is not the time to discover enormous brake problems, but very happy that I can now push it without applying super human strength to the rear wheel.

so today tapped a bit more at the flywheel , lowered the back end and took out the seats to have a look at the floor.
lowering suspension end things turned without major hassle, I slackened about 30mm off to get the back down (still 15mm inside the thread)

I thought you might enjoy seeming the newspaper botch on the floor. date is april 1987 and I´m sorry but there is absolutely no excuse for doing something so hideous in 1987 if it was 1967 then maybe. . anyway one of the adverts looks like a citroen gs? or similar

heres the pix

August 15th, 2013, 8:03 pm
Firing on two.

ok ...so the floor and boot have left the building! thank god, it was making me angry just looking at that botch.
horrible job taking all that stuff out, nobody here to help lift the body off so its all on board.

anyway, the chassis rails are now resting on the boot lip so about 14cm drop or so in the back, still trying to figure out what to do in front, the chassis is repairable and needs reinforcement, which is the first job, then all the rest will be stainless built from scratch 1.5mm so a bit more bullet proof

I now realise that the nice old man who sold me sidney was lieing his arse off...but hey I guess I´m not the first and its all doable

no fotos as my wife has taken the camera and I can´t find the cable for the phone

speak soon sig

August 17th, 2013, 2:47 pm
Firing on two.

Rarely does "nice" come in to buying and selling cars. Buyer beware and treat every word as a lie :lol:

August 17th, 2013, 5:55 pm
Firing on two.

sig wrote:
I thought you might enjoy seeming the newspaper botch on the floor. date is april 1987 and I´m sorry but there is absolutely no excuse for doing something so hideous in 1987 if it was 1967 then maybe. . anyway one of the adverts looks like a citroen gs? or similar

heres the pix

AX, by the look of it. Launched 1986, so '87 would be right for big adverts.

August 17th, 2013, 7:17 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Firing on two.

hence the X, un sentido Xtra meaning an extra sense!....I think you´ve hit the nail squarely mate...do you think it was intentional...I ñlike to think even lieing arses have an artistic side! :D

August 17th, 2013, 7:25 pm
Firing on two.

some pix of todays exploits!

August 17th, 2013, 9:06 pm
2CV Fan

Blimey!

Not hanging about are you! This looks like it's going to be an excellent thread 8-)

August 17th, 2013, 9:23 pm
Firing on two.

Looks like another chassis will save you lot of hours work :-)

August 17th, 2013, 9:45 pm
Firing on two.

it may be too late but getting the body off on yer own isnt such a difficult thing - i just tip them off sideways on to a couple of old tyres then turn it upside down to put the new floors and stuff in once the doors are off ( the glass is the heavy stuff) the shell is really light

August 17th, 2013, 10:04 pm
Firing on two.

Definitely been busy, looking good already nice and low! ;)

Dyane 12 1976 (ish)

If you don't play the game, don't make the fecking rules..

August 17th, 2013, 10:19 pm
Reply to topic   [ 249 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 25  Next